SPJIMR PGDM (1 yr) 2008 - 2009 queries

Please post your queries here related to SPJIMR PGDM course 2008 - 2009

Please post your queries here related to SPJIMR PGDM course 2008 - 2009

Hi Folks from SPJain,

I have an SOS situation here 😞 my interview is scheduled on 24th feb 3 pm at blr and my NMIMS gd/pi is also scheduled the same day at 1:30 pm at chennai.. i cant even fly in the in between time :-(

Do the Admissions office entertain genuine cases like for the rescheduling. Even the next day 25th of feb is fine with me... can u throw some light..

Thanks in Advance

Cheers
Balaji

Hi,
I too have received a call, on 25th , 4:30 pm , Mumbai. I wanted to know wether we have to send the hard copy of questionairre also to SP Jain.

hi seniors,

I have got a call for 1 yr. OM.
what are the qualities that are looked for specifically in the 1 yr course? In what ways is it different from a 2 year course? How much importance is given to the SOPs and questionnaire? Are there any marks alloted to the shortlisted candidates or does the process of marking start afresh from GI?
Kindly elaborate the GI process vis-a-vis 1 yr course.

I have 3+ yrs exp. in DRDO

hi seniors,

I have got a call for 1 yr. OM.
what are the qualities that are looked for specifically in the 1 yr course? In what ways is it different from a 2 year course? How much importance is given to the SOPs and questionnaire? Are there any marks alloted to the shortlisted candidates or does the process of marking start afresh from GI?
Kindly elaborate the GI process vis-a-vis 1 yr course.

I have 3+ yrs exp. in DRDO

Congratulations to all who got GI call!

1 year course is basically designed for working professionals who are having strong focus about their career goals. This is the main quality they are looking for. Next thing is you should be thorough with the field you are working in, you can expect lot many questions related to your work expr.
To know difference between 1 year and 2 year program you can browse thru the SPJIMR site which will answer most of your queries. I suggest all of you to read and understand each and everyline carefully about PGDM course in site.
It is really difficult for me to comment on how much importance is given to Questionnaire. But my suggestion is to fill it seriously.
Again I can't comment if your CAT/XAT scores are going to be considered for your final selection. But my suggestion is to forget about CAT/XAT scores as you have got call and concentrate on GI.
For GI, there will be a panel of 2-4 interviewers, interviewing about 5-6 candidates. Everyone will be given fair chance to speak, it is not going to be a fish market like u have in normal GD process. It is a very controlled process. U should listen to others as you might be asked to give your comments on others' views. As I told earlier, be sure that you are going to be asked about work expr, and ur career goals.

Hope this helps!
Ganesh
Hi Folks from SPJain,

I have an SOS situation here 😞 my interview is scheduled on 24th feb 3 pm at blr and my NMIMS gd/pi is also scheduled the same day at 1:30 pm at chennai.. i cant even fly in the in between time :-(

Do the Admissions office entertain genuine cases like for the rescheduling. Even the next day 25th of feb is fine with me... can u throw some light..

Thanks in Advance

Cheers
Balaji

First of all, heartiest congratulations to all those who've got a call to GI process of PGDM 1 year program.

Balaji:
Yours seems to be a very special case. I would request you to speak with SPJIMR officials directly over phone or communicate over e-mails. The latter option may take a little bit of your time though.

The institute officials may consider your plea but I would recommend you make it quick and call them in coming 2-3 days. And tell them your concerns clearly. Be ready with your reasoning if they ask you to choose between the two GDs.

Let us know if your doubt still persists! Also please post the outcome of your conversation with the officials on the thread.

HTH and All the Best!!! 😃
Mihir
Hi,
I too have received a call, on 25th , 4:30 pm , Mumbai. I wanted to know wether we have to send the hard copy of questionairre also to SP Jain.

Hi Himanshu:
For this query, I would request you to go through the official communication that has come to you through whatever means from the institute. Look into it whether they have asked you to do anything like that.

In our case all that was required was just a soft copy of the questionnaire to be e-mailed to them by the mentioned deadline.

HTH,
Mihir

hi i m rahul
i have got a call frm SP i yr OM
i hv 6+ yrs work ex in NTPC.
for 4.5 yrz i was in a project
and for last 2 yrs i m in Engineering division
Can u pls tell me what type of qs i should expect?

Thanx i advance

Rahul

hi i m rahul
i have got a call frm SP i yr OM
i hv 6+ yrs work ex in NTPC.
for 4.5 yrz i was in a project
and for last 2 yrs i m in Engineering division
Can u pls tell me what type of qs i should expect?

Thanx i advance

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

This is again a very specific question.
Since it is first question of this type I will reply to it.
You can expect questions like:-
1) What exactly you do in NTPC?
2) What the current problems faced by NTPC?
3) What are the other measures of power available today and what is their feasibility?
4) What is the per unit cost of production and per unit price of electricity?
5) Describe briefly about your role in your last project.
6) Who is the union and state power minister?
etc, etc
These are just some general questions to give you a line of thinking, there can be an elaborative list.
Just be interviewer for sometime and try to ask urself questions.

Hope this helps!
Ganesh
Hi Rahul,

This is again a very specific question.
Since it is first question of this type I will reply to it.
You can expect questions like:-
1) What exactly you do in NTPC?
2) What the current problems faced by NTPC?
3) What are the other measures of power available today and what is their feasibility?
4) What is the per unit cost of production and per unit price of electricity?
5) Describe briefly about your role in your last project.
6) Who is the union and state power minister?
etc, etc
These are just some general questions to give you a line of thinking, there can be an elaborative list.
Just be interviewer for sometime and try to ask urself questions.

Hope this helps!
Ganesh

Hi Ganesh,

I have two specific questions:

1. Interview city is mentioned , but not the eaxact location , I have emailed to ADCOM but to no avail.

2. Even for the 1 year course will there be Group Interview or just Personal interview Interview?

THanks so much for u r replies

this time around 115 people have been shortlisted fr 1 yr.
can somebody tell me what would be final no of selections (approx)

rahul

Hi Ganesh,

I have two specific questions:

1. Interview city is mentioned , but not the eaxact location , I have emailed to ADCOM but to no avail.

2. Even for the 1 year course will there be Group Interview or just Personal interview Interview?

THanks so much for u r replies

Hi Neta,

I would like to know to whom exactly you have mailed in ADCOM??
We have now formally formed ADCOM and they will be taking your further queries.
I will answer above two questions though:-
1) Interview time, date, location, documents u need to bring along everything will be communicated to you shortly by email.

2) Yes, even for 1 year course there will be GIs.

Above answers are based on our last experience.

Have a nice day!
Ganesh
this time around 115 people have been shortlisted fr 1 yr.
can somebody tell me what would be final no of selections (approx)

rahul

Hi Rahul,

Based on past experience there will be around 25-30 seats for OM.
And 30-35 seats for IM.
Can't say about HR as this is going to be the first batch.

Take care,
Ganesh

Oh ya sure they do entertain such requests as they understand your situation.So pls do call them and request them to change the schedule.

Hi Neta,

I would like to know to whom exactly you have mailed in ADCOM??
We have now formally formed ADCOM and they will be taking your further queries.
I will answer above two questions though:-
1) Interview time, date, location, documents u need to bring along everything will be communicated to you shortly by email.

2) Yes, even for 1 year course there will be GIs.

Above answers are based on our last experience.

Have a nice day!
Ganesh

Hi Ganesh..thanks for ur reply...

Would like to bother u with another q:

We understand that in GI IM OM and other specializations may be in the same group...but will people for 1 year and two year course be together in the same GI?

Hi everyone,
Im in a fix. I was out of town and couldnt access my mailbox. Only yesterday I saw the mail from adcom that im shortlisted for the 1 yr PGDM course. Can I send the questionnaire now. Please suggest what I can do now? Am I doomed:(

If one clears the first round and if he/she is unable to attend the second round because of overseas trip for one or two months, will the person lose the opportunity.

Interview venue details:
SPJIMR kind enough to give route maps, distance and the tentative fares!!
However the url says "pgdbm/shortlist_venue.asp" - so, I request you guys to double check.....

Click here for venue details:
SPJIMR
Mumbai: SPJIMR, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Campus.Click for the direction mapAddressMunshi Nagar, Dadabhai Road, Andheri (W), Mumbai-400058Telephone26237454/0396/2401Fax26237042Email[email protected]
Bangalore: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's CampusAddressBharatiya Vidya Bhavan, No 43, Race Course Road, Bangalore - 560 001. Telephone080-2280841, 2382798 Fax080-2287373 Email[email protected]
Kolkata: IIMCClick for the direction mapCampus Address:Indian Institute Of Management Calcutta Diamond Harbour Road Joka, Kolkata (Calcutta) - 700104 West Bengal INDIA
Telephone+91-33-2467-8300/8301/8302The IIMC campus is at Joka, about 25 kms from Kolkata airport and 20 kms from Howrah railway station. On arrival you can hire a taxi. The fare from the airport to IIMC is about Rs. 300. It is about Rs.200 from Howrah station.
Delhi: IIFTClick for the direction mapAddressIIFT Bhawan B-21, Qutab Institutional Area (near JNU and IIT Delhi) New Delhi - 110016Telephone+91-11-26965124 / +91-11-26965051 Fax+91-1126853956Approximate distance of IIFT from :
New Delhi Railway Station : 19 km
Delhi Main ( Old Delhi Railway station ) : 21 km
Inter State Bus Terminus : 23 km
IGI Airport : 11 km

MBA Munna Bhais and Surrkits !!!

I have been shortlisted for SPJ PGDM - OM 1 yr GI-GD at mumbai! But haven't received any mail from SPJIMR!!! Can anyone say if everyone else has already received theirs????:
What is to be done????

HELP!
Sandeep