SPJIMR's cert. International MGMT + MBA from ESB-Reutlingen University

Hi, I got an email from SPJIMR for International Management +MBA prg with ESB-Reutlingen University on April 19th. Wondering who all got this email and what was the criteria ? I have 21 months of work experience XAT 90.1 percen…

Hi,
I got an email from SPJIMR for International Management +MBA prg with ESB-Reutlingen University on April 19th.

Wondering who all got this email and what was the criteria ?

I have

21 months of work experience
XAT 90.1 percentile.

Does anyone know about ESB-Reutilingen? I searched the net for its rankings and placements but could'nt find much.

Hi

When is the shortlist for PGCIM interview expected?

Thanks.

As per the email the interviews are going to be scheduled in the third week of may.So my guess is that the shortlist can anytime this weekend..

Anyone who has any info ??

hi ifry and attack.. am shortlisted for interview. how abt you two? hows this course? Puys, please pour in your views and guide us in this! let us know what ever u know, no matter what..

Yes even i got a call
wats ur profile?
and are u going to attend cal in mumbai

check the below lin-:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fee-for-spjimrs-cert-international-mgmt-mba-from-esb-reutlingen-university-25053453

Hi,
Congratulations to all those who got the call.
I got the call too..
There are only 4 slots for interview.Wonder how many people got shortlisted.

How is the course people .... what are placement possibilities in germany

Hi,

This is a new course offered by SPJain , so we would only know how good the course is after the first batch graduates.

Regarding the placements in Germany below are a few facts i got from Prof.Debasis which i am sharing below

Placements after graduation How does the placement process work in Germany? Germany has a fairly rigid labour regulation. Companies can't hire and fire at will. That commonly makes hiring a two-step process. The first step is getting to know the potential employee by means of a project (company project) or an internship. The second step then is the job offer that comes with a trial period of commonly 3 months (ruled by law). The MBA includes a compulsory company project based Master thesis.
How does ESB help its graduates? The MBA includes a compulsory company project based Masters Thesis.
ESB organises two on-campus company fairs a year. Both are attended by 60 to 70 companies (many ESB sponsors, see VIMA List under www.esb-reutlingen.de/career-center/kooperationspartner.html#c625 ). These companies present themselves, offer projects, internships and interview candidates on campus.
ESB also operates a careers office that is constantly in touch with many more companies and that matches appropriate job offers with (also near-) graduates.
How many have a job / business (up to 12 weeks after graduation)? 95% (some females marry and or the like and decide not to look for a job) How many make a career step and or have more responsibility for employees (on new job)? 82% How many start their own business? 11% Where is the new job, which focus does it have? 55% international focus, with either complete or partial presence (travel) abroad How much more do they earn (entry salary)? On average 30% (on European salary scales approx 65,000 / 39 Lakh) + fringe benefits (car, travel allowance etc.) What is the student body like? ESB is Germany's most international business school. Some 40% of all students are international (mostly Europe, Americas, Asia) What are the positions held by the Graduates? The positions the graduates hold are very different (some are with the UN and the EU, others CEO's and CFO's or run their own company). What they have in common is the international focus and that they all tend to be responsible for employees (lead teams, projects, head departments etc.).

i think all those applied got call maybe

devanshi_c Says
i think all those applied got call maybe

Well might be!
I have been assigned the Sunday slot..anycome coming on the same day?
Also, has anyone been able to find out about the placement scene @ ESB after the MBA?

it seems to be a certificate course.. will it be on par with a pg in diploma?

Thats the question in everyone's mind i guess :)
SP Jain has said that they would help in the placements of these candidates if they choose to work out of india. And placing 25 candidates shouldnt be a tough task for SP Jain going by its repo.

However, the success of this course also depends on the profile of the 25 candidates it selects.

Totally!
Regarding the Certificate course bit, thats only if u opt out of the ESB thing! If you go for the ESB thing too, then it is equivalent to PG Diploma. I am sure about this thing!

Totally!
Regarding the Certificate course bit, thats only if u opt out of the ESB thing! If you go for the ESB thing too, then it is equivalent to PG Diploma. I am sure about this thing!

Yes its equivalent to PG Diploma, but the MBA is wholly awarded by ESB-Reutlingen alone. SP Jain doesn't come into the picture here. thats the worrying part 😞 wat do you guys think?
Mmad Says
Yes its equivalent to PG Diploma, but the MBA is wholly awarded by ESB-Reutlingen alone. SP Jain doesn't come into the picture here. thats the worrying part 😞 wat do you guys think?

Have you confirmed with someone from SP Jain that this is going to be equivalent to PGDM ?

Would have been more comforting if it was a dual degree course with SPJain and ESB-Reutlingen giving a joint degree.

Im going to mumbai on 22nd 😃
Have you confirmed with someone from SP Jain that this is going to be equivalent to PGDM ?

Would have been more comforting if it was a dual degree course with SPJain and ESB-Reutlingen giving a joint degree.

Im going to mumbai on 22nd :)

No I haven't. But I think it can no way be equivalent to PGDM since PGDM is a 2 year course.. and PGCIM is a 13 months course. And yes it would have been perfect if the degree was awarded by both.. 😃 But I think its not practically feasible. It either has to be SP Jain or ESB for awarding a degree. Am attending on 21st evening.!

Im going to mumbai on 22nd :)

Yes! I hav confirmed that this is equivalent to PGDM and one can in fact go on for a Doctorate with this MBA from ESB. But, it will be offered from ESB and just the Certificate will be offered from SP Jain...
himaghnya Says
Yes! I hav confirmed that this is equivalent to PGDM and one can in fact go on for a Doctorate with this MBA from ESB. But, it will be offered from ESB and just the Certificate will be offered from SP Jain...

with whom did u confirm that? did u check with SPJ..

I think that, this course cant come at par with normal PGDM course, also why its a certificate course from SPj, it could have been another diploma course from SPj.. certificate course is making everyone contemplate on whether to join for this course or not..