spjimr 2007-2009 query's

hey all, i had applied for spjimr 2007-09, two year pgdbm… i am having so-so acadz with 1.5 yr exp. do i have a chance ? wat shld be the minimum CAT cut-off for this course? extra information is welcome… guys plz help …

hey all,

i had applied for spjimr 2007-09, two year pgdbm... i am having so-so acadz with 1.5 yr exp.

do i have a chance ?
wat shld be the minimum CAT cut-off for this course?

extra information is welcome....

guys plz help me out....

This is the official SP JAIN Query thread for 2007-2009 batch.

You are unlikely to find info such as minm CAT cut-off and stuff. SPJ uses many parameters to evaluate an applicant.

Read this article as well
Why and how does SP Jain give interview calls before CAT?
Read this article as well
Why and how does SP Jain give interview calls before CAT?

u can also check out last years thread

wat are the deciding factors... plz let me know....

Mahip,I did not find any threads for SPJIMR queries for this year, so I am posting in this thread....SPJIMR guys,Why was this clause put?note:1. For the specialization of Manufacturing & Operations and Information Management, irrespective of the program applied for, applicants with experience between 3 to 5 years as on 31.12. 06, will be considered for 1-year PGDM or 2-year PGDBM program as per the suitability of their profile.Now, I can't apply as I will have only 2 1/2 years of workex....and I want to do IM...!

mufasa Says
Mahip,I did not find any threads for SPJIMR queries for this year, so I am posting in this thread....SPJIMR guys,Why was this clause put?note:1. For the specialization of Manufacturing & Operations and Information Management, irrespective of the program applied for, applicants with experience between 3 to 5 years as on 31.12. 06, will be considered for 1-year PGDM or 2-year PGDBM program as per the suitability of their profile.Now, I can't apply as I will have only 2 1/2 years of workex....and I want to do IM...!

I think you can apply for 2 yr program but not 1 yr... in which 3 yr is bench mark..
amit.patni Says
I think you can apply for 2 yr program but not 1 yr... in which 3 yr is bench mark..

Ummm Amit, you might wanna think about changing your signature before any of the mods point out! That's a way of advertising, which is not allowed.??:

Cheerios!
Ummm Amit, you might wanna think about changing your signature before any of the mods point out! That's a way of advertising, which is not allowed.??:

Cheerios!

Already PMed him about the same :)
Waiting for his response else we can always . ;)

amit.patni: Please do the needful.
And search for threads before opening new ones like JMET. 😐
Dudes,
Any light on my earlier post? Can people with less than 3 years apply for 2yr-PGDM course....... The wordings they have used appears slightly confusing to me....
Hi guys,
Can anyone clarify what the below note put in SPJIMR's admission form means?

note:1. For the specialization of Manufacturing & Operations and Information Management, irrespective of the program applied for, applicants with experience between 3 to 5 years as on 31.12. 06, will be considered for 1-year PGDM or 2-year PGDBM program as per the suitability of their profile.

As far as I could get it, it means that people who have less than 3 years of workex cant apply for PGDBM for Ops and IM....
Can any SPJ students throw some light on this?

Hii all,
Can any tell me what the last date for SPJAIN Mumbai online application is.
The online application asks for registration number which we get only after we get our CAT admit cards. So can we fill up half the form now and the remaining later on..

You could read the following lines right at the beginning of the registration page

"You can submit your application now even if you have not received your CAT/ XAT registration number.
You can submit the same later."

Hope it helped!!!

Any clues about my query above?
mufasa Says
Any clues about my query above?

Hi Mufasa,
To apply for the 1 year PGDM course the 3 year work ex on the specified date is compulsory. The course is strictly for executives and therefore they want to put a minimum threshold for the people who cud apply.
And they can apply for the 2 year PGPM as well.
People with lesser work ex can apply only for the 2 year PGDBM.
Regards

I know three years work ex is a bit ridiculous in the middle of the year.
So basically you would be requiring 4 years of work ex.
All schools have their weird eligibilty criteria.

The same was the case with ISB. You need a minimum of 1.5 years of work ex on Oct 3.( Thats like even more weird.) How do u expect some1 to have that kind of a work ex when he is just 2 months in to the new academic year

Hi Mufasa,
To apply for the 1 year PGDM course the 3 year work ex on the specified date is compulsory. The course is strictly for executives and therefore they want to put a minimum threshold for the people who cud apply.
And they can apply for the 2 year PGPM as well.
People with lesser work ex can apply only for the 2 year PGDBM.
Regards

I hope that's correct dude... but somehow I didnt get that from what they have put... Maybe my RCs are going down... Anyway, I will go with your interpretation till somebody disagrees.... thanks dude.

Hello everybody,

Could anyone please tell me tha last date to apply online for 2 yr PGDBM course.
Is it possible to apply after the CAT'06 is over.

Pls reply