SPJIMR 2005 Placements

SPJIMR shines at Placements 2005 [image]February 2nd, 2005 Class of 2005 at SPJIMR consisting of 141 participants received 207 offers, which included 59 PPOs, 71 lateral offers and 3 foreign offers. Offers from 44 companies …

SPJIMR shines at Placements 2005

February 2nd, 2005

Class of 2005 at SPJIMR consisting of 141 participants received 207 offers, which included 59 PPOs, 71 lateral offers and 3 foreign offers.

Offers from 44 companies were accepted in final count, maximum (49 %) from IT companies. FMCG (20%), Finance (14%) and Consultancy (7%) were the other sectors in which offers were accepted.

Largest recruiters were IBM (17 acceptances), Wipro (16 acceptances) and GE (12 acceptances)

edited: I am not a SPJIMR student/alumni

excellent placements!! but still think that the shortlisting criteria 4 gd/pi is not transparent at all. its discouraging 4 final year engg. students like me who thought that spjain gives cals primarily to work ex guys to be a myth. now i too have started believing it after my and my numerous friend's experiences with this years performance in cat 2005.

Hi,
Can we get some more info as to the placements of SP Jain....such as companies that came down. What were the profiles that got the better jobs, in terms of which work-ex was preferred etc.. Would help me on my decisions abt MBA schools...

Thanks a lot..
qwerty

ya...do let us know a little more abt the offers ketan....what is the split up like....and which branch has what kind of placements....these will surely help..

anuragrp Says
excellent placements!! but still think that the shortlisting criteria 4 gd/pi is not transparent at all. its discouraging 4 final year engg. students like me who thought that spjain gives cals primarily to work ex guys to be a myth. now i too have started believing it after my and my numerous friend's experiences with this years performance in cat 2005.

I second that... even if they give out calls to final yr guys it is only to silence critics like you.... and they manage to kick the final yr ppl in the first round... or even if someone does make it thru the first round... he is not offered an admit ultimately... I was a live witness to their bias towards work ex guys...

i believe the discussion is getting diverted to issues which are already discussed at length in other threads.
If u have any views on the admission process, please share it in the relevant threads. We are all sensible & intelligent people & we shud respect the unsaid ettiquettes of a public forum & one of them is to raise topics in the relevant threads. If you don't find a relevant thread, u have the right to start a new one but please don't dilute the discussion ...

For ur benefit u may visit... There had been a lot of discussion here...

& SP junta plz come up with detailed placement statistics... i can c IT placement increasing.. wipro, GE, IBM all have increased their intake this yr compared to last yr... a gud sign for SP.... have they raised the take-home salaries also...??

MrJovial where art thou???:whatthat:

hi,
How come their are no details about SP placements , about the salaries and average ,median and max salaries . Can somebody from SP throw some light on this ..

hi people
If there is someone from SP reading this then please post the details of this years placement. The details are not even given on the website.
Now that the results are out it will help a lot of people.
thanks in advance
Warman

FYI SP does give out calls to ppl in their final years ; there are 6 in my coll only who have got their calls (myself included).

As for they not admitting freshers well 4 of us made it.

This year me thinks their requirement was very good acads......coz some of us who got calls didnt have good %tiles but had excellent acads ( 2 of these are toppers of Mumbai Univ).

food for thought na??

If yes can u pl tell abt 1 yr prg started by S P Jain in terms of it's future as I suppose it is a new prg strated this yr.

Can anyone tell em more abt the SPJ place ments??

There was a good article in ET reg SPJ placements the other day esp in regard to the lateral placements.:grab:

Can someone post the details of 1 Yr SPJIMR PGDM placements also..that is very useful...for me atleast...:)