spjain PI form filling

HI, I have opened this thread targetted at those people who have been shortlisted for the round 2 of SPJIMR MBA programme for group interviews… lets discuss our queries here… SPJAIN seniors : WE BADLY NEED YOU !!! Pour ur tips and…

HI,

I have opened this thread targetted at those people who have been shortlisted for the round 2 of SPJIMR MBA programme for group interviews..

lets discuss our queries here..

SPJAIN seniors : WE BADLY NEED YOU !!! Pour ur tips and tricks..

My doubts :

what do they mean by formative years?? those time periods where we learnt a lot???

how to write that yearwise progression of career?? start with jan of every year even if we ve worked for more than a year in the same company??

Lets discuss..

i have the same query too.....

also....
" Describe an instance in which you took the strongest stand of your value system. What specific values were violated and what was at stake for you?"

can anyone elaborate that for me plzzzzzz........

thanks sunil for opening the thread...was very much required..more so 'coz of little time we hv been given

seniours, plz pour in with ur suggestions

also....
" Describe an instance in which you took the strongest stand of your value system. What specific values were violated and what was at stake for you?"

I think it shd something like " u were offered a bribe , but u dint take it "
prob is , were u ever in a position to take a bribe ....
ab traffic police to hum hai nahi 😃 ....

Just put some moral values thing ...

P.S. - i still have not able to think of anything for it 😞

There is one more issue...Adversity in life...what if I haven't faced any adversity...yaar aab school life and college life mein adversity nahin face kiya to kya likhein...Can someone help what to write in that...

Wat about social service? Does donation to cry comes under that?

Sid4CAT Says

yes.. it will.. but write it in some flowery terms..

regarding essay on social value and all - as software engineers, what type of a compromise have we made till now on value system.. I am not finding any.. this que is irritating..

I think the questions stumped everyone. Unless the seniors help we cannot proceed further. I am literally breaking my head here since last evening. No use.. Can anyone of you request the seniors to visit this thread please... regards,Karthikeyan. C

Sid4CAT Says

I doubt if it will add in any value to your application. They are looking for contribution to society in terms of time and effort, not just money.
Guys, I'M in a fix too over this form filling.. I don't think I faced any adversity in my life till now...gosh..I've really got to think hard and fast..
Someone plzzzz help!!

can we write that we have not faced ne adversities in life ,, and sm body plz explain the question on valuue system ,,,,,,,,???

I think it shd something like " u were offered a bribe , but u dint take it "
prob is , were u ever in a position to take a bribe ....
ab traffic police to hum hai nahi 😃 ....

Just put some moral values thing ...

P.S. - i still have not able to think of anything for it :(

it need not be this way only right? :|
u wer asked to giv bribe (by a traffic pol.) but u denied and insisted on a receipt. so u can say instead of giving 100Rs. as bribe and contributing to black money, I preferred to give 500Rs as fine and got the recipt. espe masala laga do thodabohot.;)

also....

1 eg. i can think of........ (this was real life scene of 1 of my colleague.:))
while getting a driving license RTO people asked me for bribe (all know they ask for...;)), neither i gave it nor I went through any agent to get my job done. So i had to struggle hard for getting license...spending whole day at the office etc. ehile people who gave bribe or went thru agent had their licenses done with much ease.

and wht abt 'my formative years'

does it mean childhood or it specifically asks us to mark those years when we think we learnt the most .....

this form needs too much of thinking .. and they dont believe in giving much time ...

sudy2003 Says
can we write that we have not faced ne adversities in life ,, and sm body plz explain the question on valuue system ,,,,,,,,???

i actually see no problem with leaving this field blank ...
Dont write .. didn't face any ...
better leave it blank ...

The formative questuion is the most tricky one :::::

1 formative, shaping
forming or capable of forming or molding; "a formative influence"; "a formative experience"

2 formative
capable of forming new cells and tissues; "a formative zone in developing bone"

3 formative, inchoative
beginning to develop; "inchoative stages"

4 formative
susceptible to alteration by development and experience; "formative years"

5 formative
relating to or characterized by formative effects or formation; "the formative arts"

By formative i guess what they are asking is about the time when our current perspectives/outlook/thoughts/personality started taking shape ..Wat do you guys think ????

Regards ,
Thebest

The formative questuion is the most tricky one :::::

1 formative, shaping
forming or capable of forming or molding; "a formative influence"; "a formative experience"

2 formative
capable of forming new cells and tissues; "a formative zone in developing bone"

3 formative, inchoative
beginning to develop; "inchoative stages"

4 formative
susceptible to alteration by development and experience; "formative years"

5 formative
relating to or characterized by formative effects or formation; "the formative arts"

By formative i guess what they are asking is about the time when our current perspectives/outlook/thoughts/personality started taking shape ..Wat do you guys think ????

Regards ,
Thebest

Very interesting ideas dude.I appreciate them. But how will you write that in 50 words. Just spoke to a current SP Jain student who told me formative years is basically your background from school to college, your city, where were u born and brought up, specialization in graduation..BCom, BA, BMS, Engg..etc.
Thats the info I have, but please confirm it from another source because the form is prepared by the First Year students and I spoke to a 2nd Year Student.

Hey All, I got a call for Information Technology. I need a lil bit of info regarding the current Placement scenario for I.T as such...

More so, I am looking for a consultancy domain within IT. With my Current 2 and Half Work-exp (software coding) at an eminent MNC; I am looking for a change in Domain but still want to ride the IT wave...

Can the seniors please help me out. By answering to the following Qs :-
1) How many seats in the IT MGmt category (I meant after reservation)
2) How good were the placements and Summers ? Regarding only for IT consultancy.

I am sorry, if this is not the correct forum for these Qs.. else, please do re-direct me to the app. one.

hey guys.. with all the discussions which is going on i assume that u guys ve got the form.. i too am shorlisted for finance but i didnt get any form till now so guys can u tell me when did u get the forms.. moreover did u get the interview slots?
n all ur queries can be solved easily yaar why r u so much worried..
the best way too fill this form is to fill by urself.. i am not joking.. i ve experienced it..
fill in whatever u can think of urself. there is no perfect answer for all these kinda questions. u gotta be urself if u wanna do the best..i mean it.. rest is upto u..