Special Quota in CAT!!

Hey ppl… Good evening… :: This topic came up last week we were in NASEOH!!! U see, basically this organization is - National Society for Equal Oppurtunities for the Handicapped!! As of now, we are helping them with Internet …

Hey ppl...

Good evening....

This topic came up last week we were in NASEOH!!! U see, basically this organization is - National Society for Equal Oppurtunities for the Handicapped!!

As of now, we are helping them with Internet Basics, Interview Skills, Vedic Mathematics etc etc. Now, considering these guys are extremely sharp & pick up things real fast.. we were wondering if our activity can be extended to CAT prep as well.... 😃

Do these guys have some special quota/ reservations etc under CAT?? Yes, if they are graduates & can really work a lil hard... we can help them expand their horizons... What say PGz??? Just thot.. will have a thread to discuss this.. Pitch in ur views junta....

Cheers
Simba

hey sowmya,
i believe there is a 3% reservation in cat fr persons with physical dissabilites ., though i am not sure whats the criteria for applying to that catergory, someone who has a cat bulliten might know better.

Gary

ya gary u r right

3 % seats are reserved for persons with disabilities as per the Persons with Disability Act, 1995, with 1% seats reserved for each of the categories namely, (1) Blindness/Low Vision (2) Hearing Impairment and (3) Locomotor Disability / Cerebral Palsy. The qualifying candidates for the reserved seats need to meet the eligibility and admission requirements .

definitely a great point which can be discussed in detail ... maybe some of the iim students can actually tell us if there are colleagues or seniors among them who have gotten thru under this quota and as to how they have gone through the the admission process ...

galahad Says
Is somebody ready to break by leg????? :)

dude we r serious over here , no sarcasms or anything of those sort over such issues , please contribute usefully otherwise refrain from posting in such threads
galahad Says

Yes galahad, i am willing to do the honours: for posting so irresponsibly.

Boss, if u can, plz try visit one of these organizations, then you will realise how difficult a life it is for them.
puneet Says

dude we r serious over here , no sarcasms or anything of those sort over such issues , please contribute usefully otherwise refrain from posting in such threads

Ok galahad.. Looks like u understood ur mistake!!! 😃 Hey guys, 3%... Hmm... but is it in terms of CAT or after CAT... I mean do they have to score 99percentile too???

Ya.. Maybe some IIM guys can pitch in.... 😃

More later...
Simba

me thinks the 3% quota must be in terms of the seats..i.e of the total seats 3% (max) reserved for disabled candidates if any......no mattr how much percentile they score....do u y guys kno this yr at SIBM-pune..the sc/st cut-off for pgdba was 1.94 or 3.2 percentile whilst gen quota was 98+ percentile!!!so the same applies to CAT as well!!!i guess its worth givin a try!!some more B-schools must b havin similar quotas!!lets try n make a list!!!

:idea: also v cud chek if ne of these guys hav caste certs...not a bad idea me thinks..they can defi score way more than a lot of the ppl applyin thru these quotas n cud 1 day make it to instis like SIBM!!!

Simba Says

Ok galahad.. Looks like u understood ur mistake!!! 😃 Hey guys, 3%... Hmm... but is it in terms of CAT or after CAT... I mean do they have to score 99percentile too???

Ya.. Maybe some IIM guys can pitch in.... 😃

More later...
Simba

hey simba,
as far as i know the reservation is in terms of CAT.... cannot enclose my friends' details, but with a less score he got 5 calls and made it into one of the IIM's.
i cudn't meet him after he went for GD/PI for CAT, so cannot tell u if reservations continue after CAT too....
regards

PS: me not an IIM guy

Hey simba,
yeah there is a quota for physically handicapped people. I think its 2.5%. The reservation is such that,even if u have a low score u get a call,and u basically compete with other people of the same category. Although, lemme say that it aint easy either. The guys who got in here thru that quota are studs. So competition is gonna be severe. Hope that helps,
Regards,
Garuda