Speaking with the faculty during the application process

I am wondering what is your opinion about speaking with the faculty before or during the admissions process. This is especially relevant for MBA outside India. I was reading on one of the blogs about the importance of speaking with the faculty dur…

I am wondering what is your opinion about speaking with the faculty before or during the admissions process. This is especially relevant for MBA outside India. I was reading on one of the blogs about the importance of speaking with the faculty during the process.

Any thoughts..

Speak to alums, speak to current students, speak to faculty.. but not with an aim to score points in apping process, but to get an insider view of the school..

If you have a clear idea of how the culture at a school is, u'll be in a better position to decide whether to app to that particular school. If u actually decide to apply, u'll be in a stronger position to answer "Why School X?"

Feel free to add references to your interaction with ppl from school to add weightage to ur observations; this may also show that u made extra efforts to know about the school.. But at the same time, make sure that it doesn't look force-fitted..