Hi All, I am starting a new thread on PG to help potential candidates of SP Jain School of Global Management - Sydney, Singapore and Dubai. For any official dates and queries please refer the official date. The official thread is run by ...
I am starting a new thread on PG to help potential candidates of SP Jain School of Global Management - Sydney, Singapore and Dubai.
For any official dates and queries please refer the official date. The official thread is run by Rutty here- http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/gmat-accepting-bschools/ask-sp-jain-dubai-and-singapore-official-admission-query-thread-t-19365/p-615902?page=502
I joined December 2012 batch and located currently in Sydney. For details regarding student life and any informal discussion, I will try to help as much as possible. Please be free to post questions.
1. What is the total estimated cost of the program (inclusive of all type of expenses) for a
@hramkhor said:1. What is the total estimated cost of the program (inclusive of all type of expenses) for a candidate who doesn't receive any scholarship?2. How is the placement scenario? What percentage of companies are from India and rest of Asia?3. Would coming back to India justify the ROI, considering that the salaries offered are less here?4. Lowest and Highest Pay packages? 5. What kind of roles are being offered to SCM students? 6. What is the benefit of pursuing the program from 3 different countries, when most of the class is Indian?Thanks.
hey !! just answering your question point wise -
1. It totally depends how much you spend at different cities. But still for our cohort an average student is taking his estimated expenses to be around 28-30 L.
2. As you must be knowing ours is the first batch in Sydney and previous batches are in Dubai and Singapore. So even we dont have a clear idea of placements. But what we hear from administration is that its better than previous years. I cannot tell the percentage but the ratio is quite good.
3. Yes it will..The main reason being you are saving 1 year of experience as well as joining 1 workforce 1 year before. So even in average you earn starting 13-14 Lac per year, your course expenditure comes to 16-17 Lac, if compared to any 2 year course in India. On top of it you get international exposure. Believe me SPJain take cares of its student pretty well.
You also get to learn from other students with such good experience and diverse Industry. Its world class learning that makes up for all.
4. No point comparing packages. You can get placed in any country. It depends on the country you are placed. But the highest packages are in few companies either Finance jobs in Singapore or SCM in Dubai.
5. I am from ITM, cannot answer this properly now. But surely ask my frnds and get back to you. Meanwhile roles offered are on SPJain website. SCM candidates are mostly placed in Middle East if they are willing to work there.
6. Even if the class is Indian, your environment is not. Cannot yet comment on SGP or DUB but here in SYD you get the faculty from reputed institute in Australia. The faculty is world class. College ensures you get the best exposure by various activities. Also its more upto you how you use this opportunity. Learning about culture here, mixing with people around is on owns discretion. I assure you will definitely have a true Aussie experience and being with friends here makes your life more fun.
Hope this helps !!!
@coolbuddy22ster said:@rohitkr2507 : Is there any placement cell in AUS campus ?? As u know , 70-80 percent the placements are done in indian companies , do u expect this figure to change specially after the AUS campus ??
@rohitkr2507 said:They are going to start it. But wont be relying much on that to be candid.
@coolbuddy22ster said:u mean to say .. u ll be applying to different companies on your own ..ny reasons y not the placement cell .. curious to know the reply
Hi,have got selected for may intake-IBWM .Have to make some advance payment till 8th feb. Now ,i need some inputs regarding this course.Is MGB degree recognized in India and how do we compare it with 2yr PGDM course in India as after the course we wont be called MBA's. Also about the internship since course ends in April 2014,when do companies come for internships.Just a bit naive on this part so need some guidance.
I plan to join the program.. i wanted to know the average package for the companies in India
Could you tell about the student life ? And how is the accommodation ? What amenities are provided in the apartments ?
@MgbAspirant said:Could you tell about the student life ? And how is the accommodation ? What amenities are provided in the apartments ?Thanks in advance
Coming to student life.. We had college sponsored trips to Blue Mountains were we did hiking and abseiling. They also sponsored a surfing session on Bondi and also a yatch sailing trip on darling harbor. Sports and cultural events are organized within campus by respective committees. Many of other events like New Years celebrations and Opera visit are either facilitated or subsidized by college. On top of that students have their own plans and parties 😃 . . Till now the journey has been fun.. Let me know in case you need specific details..
@rohitkr2507 : Hi Rohit, I wanted to check regarding the devices that are required for the course, namely the computer and the smartphone.
Were you given any particular requirements on what you should bring by the college separately other than what is written on the website ?