SP Jain PGPM Admissions 2013

SP Jain’s Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) is full-time, residential MBA programme. The programme aims to create and nurture value-based thinking in future leaders and equip them with the skills required for roles in higher management …

SP Jain's Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) is full-time, residential MBA programme. The programme aims to create and nurture value-based thinking in future leaders and equip them with the skills required for roles in higher management in transforming organizations.
SPJIMR perceived the need of the industry for thought leaders in middle and seniors management and successfully endeavored to create the PGPM course. The programme which is in its eighth year has challenged the paradigm of conventional executive education in management with its emphasis on practical learning and value based education. The course provides a strong foundation in general management and allows the participants to specialize in the areas of finance, information management, marketing and operations. The participants can further customize the course to suit his/her individual needs by choosing from a wide range of electives available either outside or within his/her area of specialization.

The customized approach enables the career development of the participants through-
A) Contextually specific role and domain focus
B) Functionally integrated teaching-learning process
For more information visit our website: SPJIMR - SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
Announcing the availability of online application forms for PGPM 2013 batch:
SPJIMR - SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai

Important announcement:
1) Application form for PGPM 2013 intake is now open. The last date for applying to PGPM programme is 15-July-2012.
SP Jain follows a rolling interview process. In this process, profile of candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis and eligible candidates will be shortlisted and called for interview on a rolling basis (up to July 15, 2012). The benefit of this process is that students will not have to wait for a long time after applying online. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email and called for interviews at the earliest.
Hence, we would like to request the candidates to not to wait till last date for applying online, but as soon as they are ready to apply. This would help us in accelerating the entire selection process and release the final list of candidates at the earliest.
Also, the last date for submitting GMAT scores is Sept 30th 2012. Provisional admission may be given in exceptional cases which will be confirmed only after valid GMAT scores before Sept 30th.

Few Important pointers about the admission process:
Rolling admissions
5 years full time work ex as on Dec 2012
GMAT, CAT, XAT scores are accepted
Minimum 3 years of bachelor's degree in any disciple from a recognized university in India or abroad
Salary, Roles performed - one of the important criteria for selection
2 rounds of interview
Round 1 - Work Ex, Roles
Round 2 - Value system, communication, personality, versatility etc

Apply now: SPJIMR - SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
We are planning to organize webinars this time, details of which will be circulated in due course.
2) Fees for this year are subject to change. The charges mentioned on the site are applicable l for the present batch.
3) Location of interview would be Mumbai.
4) GMAT scores should be submitted via GMAC. Code is 6DQ-MJ-12.
5) The intake for next batch would be around 120.
6) We would soon come up with a dedicated FB page for PGPM admissions. Please keep watching this space for more updates.
7) PGPM has been certified as 1 year Full Time MBA by AMBA

You can view the present batch profile at: PGPM Batch 811
Recent placement statistics are also updated at: Placement Statistics PGPM Batch 710
PS: Please refrain from posting any profile evaluations queries, as no one here can judge your profile better than you.
-Admission Committee PGPM 2012
SPJIMR

Hello Adcom,

I do not know if this is the right forum to ask this query. Could you please clarify as to why salary is considered an important criteria ? Does that mean you are looking for,

a minimum salary to be met from the candidates ?,
Or, is it to check if salary is on par with the current roles ?,
Or ...

Could you please clarify if possible.

Thank you.

Hi, Is there any provision for telephonic interviews, in case shortlisted for same, for abroad candidates.

Hello Adcom,

I do not know if this is the right forum to ask this query. Could you please clarify as to why salary is considered an important criteria ? Does that mean you are looking for,

a minimum salary to be met from the candidates ?,
Or, is it to check if salary is on par with the current roles ?,
Or ...

Could you please clarify if possible.

Thank you.

Salary is just used as an indicator to see how well have you progressed in your career. A person with "x" years exp is expected to be in a certain salary bracket.

BUT

It is not THE deciding factor. So please do not read too much into it.

Regards,
PGPMAdcom
boomerang Says
Hi, Is there any provision for telephonic interviews, in case shortlisted for same, for abroad candidates.

Telephonic interviews did take place last year. So go ahead and apply.
All the best.

Regards,
PGPMAdcom

Hello All,

We have come with a dedicated facebook page for PGPM admissions.
Like the page to know more about whats happening on the admissions and also to get insights into the course.

https://www.facebook.com/pgpmadmissions

Regards,
PGPMAdcom

Hello Seniors.

Here is my profile:
total experience: 8+ years in IT
GMAT - 640
Qualification : BE. MArks decent

I am planning to apply to PGPM. What are my chances of converting?

Very important question : What is the interview process? Is there GD? I heard that SP Jain's interview process is entirely different.

Please do respond at the earliest.

Hi, would SPJ consider a applicant with 4.2 years work exp?

hi,
I got a mail for this course.It is written in the mail that In case you have applied for other Programs in SPJIMR, forms can be transferred without additional application fees.Does it mean that we dont have to apply again or pay application fee if we have applied to SPJIMR regular courses.
kindly clarify.
I had applied for SPJIMR regular MBA program, so plz tell me the next course of action to apply for this program.

Hello Seniors.

Here is my profile:
total experience: 8+ years in IT
GMAT - 640
Qualification : BE. MArks decent

I am planning to apply to PGPM. What are my chances of converting?

Very important question : What is the interview process? Is there GD? I heard that SP Jain's interview process is entirely different.

Please do respond at the earliest.

Please read the first post of the page to know about the entire admision process. If you still need clarification, feel free to drop in a line.

Regards,
PGPM Adcom
Like us to know more: https://www.facebook.com/pgpmadmissions
anandjhamnani Says
Hi, would SPJ consider a applicant with 4.2 years work exp?

Minimum work ex required is 5 years until Dec 2012.

Regards,
PGPM Adcom

Hello Adcom,

I have a couple of questions,

1. If we are taking GMAT later (but applying now), should we submit the score via GMAC directly or through the PGPM application online. Coz, the online application says that once we submit our application, we cannot change it again. How to update the score in the online application form ?

2. Are all applications (with and without scores) considered on equal basis for calling for interviews ?, or is it beneficial to first give the tests and then submit the application with the scores rather than submitting without the scores ?

Could you please clarify.

Thank you.

Hello Adcom,

Thanks a lot for initiating the official thread that we can rely on. It is always nice to get the first hand information. :)

In the first post you mentioned there will be two rounds of interview.
2 rounds of interview
Round 1 - Work Ex, Roles

Are these two rounds valid for the candidates who are abroad? Do you do the interview only on the phone or could it be over Skype or GTalk.

Can you please throw some light on the interview process, who takes the interview (profs, current students), how rigorous it is, what kind of questions one can expect etc.

Also, from the last year thread I noticed that candidates were made on-spot offers. Can you please let us know whether that will be the case this year as well. Will that be valid for the TI (Telephonic Interview) candidates too. How many TI students in the current batch had received the on-spot offer.

I also noticed that we need to mention the preference of what field we want to apply into(like marketing, Info Mgt. etc). I don't see that option in the form. Can you please how and when we provide these details.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Hello Adcom,

I have a couple of questions,

1. If we are taking GMAT later (but applying now), should we submit the score via GMAC directly or through the PGPM application online. Coz, the online application says that once we submit our application, we cannot change it again. How to update the score in the online application form ?

2. Are all applications (with and without scores) considered on equal basis for calling for interviews ?, or is it beneficial to first give the tests and then submit the application with the scores rather than submitting without the scores ?

Could you please clarify.

Thank you.

If you think you can justice to your GMAT score before the admission deadline,please go ahead. Else you can now submit the application without the score and later submit the score via GMAC and inform college accordingly. You will not be able to edit the form but thats not an issue.

If other areas of your profile are equally strong, not having a GMAT score handy will not deter you from getting an interview call.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
PGPM Adcom

Hello Adcom,

Could you please clarify couple more,

What would be the probable time (apprx.) by which I can expect an interview call if I apply tomorrow.

Also, if the submitted application form does not have any scores in it, then is it assumed by the review committee that the scores will be given later (by 30th sept), coz there is no option or field in the online application through which I can communicate to the committee reviewing my profile that I will be submitting my scores by 30th sept. ?

Thank you.

What is the min. GMAT score considered for the admit(Requesting this info because i could not see this details anywhere). Whether the interview will be conducted if the candidate does not submit the GMAT score.

Hello Adcom,

Thanks a lot for initiating the official thread that we can rely on. It is always nice to get the first hand information. :)

2 rounds of interview
Round 1 - Work Ex, Roles

Are these two rounds valid for the candidates who are abroad? Do you do the interview only on the phone or could it be over Skype or GTalk.

Can you please throw some light on the interview process, who takes the interview (profs, current students), how rigorous it is, what kind of questions one can expect etc.

Also, from the last year thread I noticed that candidates were made on-spot offers. Can you please let us know whether that will be the case this year as well. Will that be valid for the TI (Telephonic Interview) candidates too. How many TI students in the current batch had received the on-spot offer.

I also noticed that we need to mention the preference of what field we want to apply into(like marketing, Info Mgt. etc). I don't see that option in the form. Can you please how and when we provide these details.

Hello Adcom.. can you please respond to my queries.
Hello Adcom,

2 rounds of interview
Round 1 - Work Ex, Roles

As per the information available from last year, there were two rounds of interviews . Both on skype. Second round was conducted few days after the first one.

In the form, the academic details section asks you to give your preference. Please check.

Regards,
PGPM Adcom
sri1992000 Says
What is the min. GMAT score considered for the admit(Requesting this info because i could not see this details anywhere). Whether the interview will be conducted if the candidate does not submit the GMAT score.

There is no defined minimum cut off as such. It would be relative, i.e - depend on what the scores of other applicants are. Though again, the application would be viewed holistically.

Regards,
PGPM Adcom