SP JAIN PGPM 2014 - 1 Year Full-Time MBA Program

Admissions are open for *1 year Full-Time MBA* ( PGPM ) Program of SP Jain Institute of Management and Research , Mumbai. The programs starts from Jan 2014 and it will be 10th Batch of PGPM Program.Let's discuss various things related to admis...

Admissions are open for 1 year Full-Time MBA ( PGPM ) Program of SP Jain Institute of Management and Research , Mumbai.

The programs starts from Jan 2014 and it will be 10th Batch of PGPM Program.

Let's discuss various things related to admissions and other related stuffs. Here are few below details about the program for the convinence of aspirants

Program Website : http://www.spjimr.org/pgpm/index.asp

For applying for the program , you need to have minimum of 5 years of experience by December 2013.

You also need to submit CAT/XAT/GMAT* score. You can submit your application process with out a Test score and may even get an interview call based on your profile. But your selection into the program can only be confirmed after you submit a valid CAT/XAT/GMAT score.

*CAT Score of 2010 , 2011 and 2012 are valid while that of XAT are valid for 2011 and 2012.

P.S. I am not an alumni or present student of the batch. I am just an aspirant like most of you. :)

Hello,

I am interested in applying to this program. I have a query regarding admission. Can you please let me know whether they have a deferment policy.

Hi,

I took GMAT exam in 2010. Am I eligible to apply ??
@reviliant Just get in touch with admissions team . The contact details should be there in the program website
@govindaom123 It should be valid as it is less than 5 years old.
@kimi.raj Thanks buddy for sharing this info.
@govindaom123 Hey what's your GMAT score and profile? when are you planning to apply?

Am In!
So folks you all have started with the applications? Also, which score you all are reporting - CAT/XAT/GMAT? If GMAT, when are you all planning to give it?
I have a query - after submitting my application, do they give interview calls before I submit my scores or how is it?

Hi All,

I will have 4 years of exp by december 2013 ,I am eligible to apply for this program??Kindly help!!

Thanks in advance

@mic1988 : no sandhya... u need to hv 5yrs of work-ex...

I had 4 years 11 Months of exeperience when I applied last time and infact got an interview call but could not get through .

So if you have 2-3 months short of 5 years exeprience and have a strong profile , You should go ahead and apply for it. But for any thing less than that , You should wait for next year .

@kimi.raj So,sometimes there are exceptions.Not always . What is the avg GMAT score of the class.Any idea

@GMAT_Conquer

Yes there are always. About Avg GMAT Score I have no idea . But somewhere I had read ( don't remember exactly where ) , You should have atleast 650 to stand a chance . But again it all depends on your profile.

It's like If you are Dhoni , they will defintely give you a call even if you score 000 in GMAT . 😁

I hope you got the point :)

Hello Every one,

I will be completing my 5 years in IT industry in coming December. I want to know how much weightage is given to profile. I have CAT 2012 score of 96.69 percentile is it decent enough to fetch the call. My acads are 75+ in 10th and 12th and Grad is 82%. Please let me know about my chances.
Hi Puys.. Good to see this thread open..Here is my profile..
GMAT - 720, (But I didnot get a good score in IR - it is 5)
Work ex: 8 years by Mar 2014. ( in IT service delivery)
Onsite work ex : Close to 4 years..
Current role.. Incident manager and managing a teamsize of 11
Acads are decent..
83% -> Btech, 95% - 12th and 85% - tenth standard..
I also started to work in pre-sales activities and helped to get some bids for my company..
And I got few awards as well at my company..
Could not participate in extra-curricular activities or NGO activities as I was away from India most of the time.. not sure how important this is..
Got some certifications such as ITIL, Oracle etc., and planning to go for PMP this year..
Pls can experts evaluate my profile and help me in building this up further.
@mbaprep2015 said:
Hi Puys.. Good to see this thread open..Here is my profile..GMAT - 720, (But I didnot get a good score in IR - it is 5) Work ex: 8 years by Mar 2014. ( in IT service delivery)Onsite work ex : Close to 4 years..Current role.. Incident manager and managing a teamsize of 11Acads are decent..83% -> Btech, 95% - 12th and 85% - tenth standard..I also started to work in pre-sales activities and helped to get some bids for my company.. And I got few awards as well at my company..Could not participate in extra-curricular activities or NGO activities as I was away from India most of the time.. not sure how important this is..Got some certifications such as ITIL, Oracle etc., and planning to go for PMP this year.. Pls can experts evaluate my profile and help me in building this up further.
Hi,

You stand a strong chance in ISB and other top b-school. With 7+ yrs. of work experience & international exposure, you are in a perfect stage of your career which most of the b-schools look for. You have lot to say about team leadership qualities and achievements at work place in your application essays.

I would suggest you to target ISB and other b-school in early rounds to strengthen your probabilities of scholarships.

Let me know in case of other queries. You can PM your number to discuss over your profile or selection of b-schools.

Regards,
Maya
@reachmaya Thanks Maya.. your words really encourage me.. will pm my details..
@kimi.raj Please share your last year's interview experience.

@rahulkumar1985

Interview was quite chilled. They had two rounds of Group interviews. The first round was about your profile , why mba ? and why should we take you ? kind of questions.

The second round was on value systems where we were asked about our views on a situation where we had to take a particular decision on based of our values.

There was no stress interview and it was quite cool. It was so cool that i never figured out why I was not selected ? 😁

Jokes apart , I had a feeling that they were giving lot of importance to Profile. And I had two things which could have worked against me. First my work ex of 4 Years 11 Months and secondly I had zero international experience while most of the peoplewho had applied for Information Management had atleast some international experience under their belt