SP Jain PGPM 2013

Hallo Puys, I was looking for a relevant thread on SP Jain PGPM 2013, Jan 2013 intake, but couldnt find any. Therefore, I am starting this thread to discuss on this program. I invite seniors & fellow aspirants to make it informative & useful…

Hallo Puys,

I was looking for a relevant thread on SP Jain PGPM 2013, Jan 2013 intake, but couldnt find any. Therefore, I am starting this thread to discuss on this program. I invite seniors & fellow aspirants to make it informative & useful.

I was just going through the SPJIMR website and learned that the application window for 2013 is now open:
SPJIMR - SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai

A snapshot of the eligibility requirement:

The selection criteria for calling candidates for interviews are based on multiple factors like:
  1. CAT/XAT/GMAT score (GMAT by 30th Sep '12; Last 3 years scores are valid for CAT from October 2009.)
  2. Work Experience - more than 5 years (calculated in months upto 31st Dec '12)
  3. Past Academic Performance
  4. Extracurricular activities, other interest
  5. Accomplishments (Professional and Academic)

Important Dates
PGPM (1 year Program) Batch starting Jan' 2012
Last date for submission of forms
15 July 2012
Interviews Through the year until
August
Final list of selected candidates
15th September 2012
  1. From this year they have adopted rolling interview process. So you need not wait for a long time after applying online.

1. If you havent taken GMAT so far, you can still apply. But GMAT scores must be updated by 30th Sep '12.
  2. No reference letters required :grin:

Hope you find the above info useful.
Cheers,
Nishant

any idea whats the median gmat score range for this course?

GMAT is relative to profile & experience. Pl. check the student profile. Compare your profile with best matching profiles. You will get a rough idea.

Hope it helps!

khilkhil Says
any idea whats the median gmat score range for this course?

Will SP Jain consider someone with 4.x yrs of experience?

anandjhamnani Says
Will SP Jain consider someone with 4.x yrs of experience?

i AM IN 11 YEARS EXPERIENCE ACROSS EDUCATION AND BANKING; gmat 740; isb 2012 REJECT
am2309 Says
i AM IN 11 YEARS EXPERIENCE ACROSS EDUCATION AND BANKING; gmat 740; isb 2012 REJECT

with a 740 in gmat and 11 years of exp still you got a rejection from ISB?!! thats very strange.. what went wrong... would be great if you could share your interview experiecne for us who have no interview experience and not that high work exp...

It would really be helpful if some Senior could also join the thread.

Is there any official PGPM-2013 thread already there in PG?

Hi,

Hi,

Can someone advise me whether they ask to submit the experiance certificate as a proof of our employment for applying to SP Jain PGPM-2013

Thanks in advance

It will not be required for application but they will definately verify it later during admission process.

Hi,

Hi,

Can someone advise me whether they ask to submit the experiance certificate as a proof of our employment for applying to SP Jain PGPM-2013

Thanks in advance

Hi ,

I had applied for SPJIMR PGDM 2012-14, got call but could not convert it.
Now as the announcement is out for PGPM, I, while filling in my online application form on their webpage, found a message showing "You have already submitted the data. Editing data is not allowed".

Pls suggest.. am I not eligible to apply? if yes, how do I change my earlier submitted data?

Thanks in adv.

Pl. change ur login details.

Hi ,

I had applied for SPJIMR PGDM 2012-14, got call but could not convert it.
Now as the announcement is out for PGPM, I, while filling in my online application form on their webpage, found a message showing "You have already submitted the data. Editing data is not allowed".
Pls suggest.. am I not eligible to apply? if yes, how do I change my earlier submitted data?

Thanks in adv.

I have invited few seniors to join this thread. Lets see when they join...

It would really be helpful if some Senior could also join the thread.

Is there any official PGPM-2013 thread already there in PG?

Thanks Nishant!!

hi,

Can anyone throw some light on comparision between two of SPJIMR's programs PGPM and PGDM?

Thanks!!

PGPM is fast track 11 months program for experienced candidates (min 5 years)..equivalant to Ex-MBA. PGDM is 2 years flagship program open for freshers as well...equivalant to MBA.

nishant1309 Says
PGPM is fast track 11 months program for experienced candidates (min 5 years)..equivalant to Ex-MBA. PGDM is 2 years flagship program open for freshers as well...equivalant to MBA.

Is it same popular as PGDM? are the placement records (no. of offers and mean salary) better than that of PGDM?

Thnx.

Hello Puys,

Thanks for inviting me over. I am a current student of SPJIMR PGPM. Good to see the thread get going. Also part of this years adcom.

I will invite over other adcom members too. Meanwhile feel free to shoot any relevant queries.

Regards,
Rohini.

Hello Puys,

Thanks for inviting me over. I am a current student of SPJIMR PGPM. Good to see the thread get going. Also part of this years adcom.

I will invite over other adcom members too. Meanwhile feel free to shoot any relevant queries.

Regards,
Rohini.

Hi Rohini,

Thanks a ton for responding to our invitation.

Please tell us what do u look in a candidate for ur PGPM program. As I applied for PGDM too, I would like to know, how are the two progra?s diff. ? and how do SPJIMR's choice/selection criterion differ while offerring admisions to students of PGDM and PGPM?

Thanks in adv.
Hi Rohini,

Thanks a ton for responding to our invitation.

Please tell us what do u look in a candidate for ur PGPM program. As I applied for PGDM too, I would like to know, how are the two progra?s diff. ? and how do SPJIMR's choice/selection criterion differ while offerring admisions to students of PGDM and PGPM?

Thanks in adv.

First of all, the requirements and expectations for both the courses are very very different. So it wouldn't be fair to compare their admissions criteria. The 5 year work ex as you all know is a mandatory for PGPM. You come with considerable knowledge of how things function in an organisation and before you join you also know the purpose of your study and where you want to be by the end of the year.

Apart from that the tangible admission process per se (shortlist, interviews, final calls) would be same.

Once again, request you to see the two courses as separate and decide.

Regards,
Rohini.