SP JAIN , Mumbai - Big Data Analytics Program (BDAP)

Big Data Analytics (BDAP) program is offered by SP Jain college. This course is provided in 2 modes (full time - 6mnths and part time 1 year). I need to know complete details about this course like preparation for aptitude test & interview + program structure + placement assistance and average CTC offered after completion of this course?

Hi Guys,

I have 5 yrs of work ex. in IT & interested in joining BDAP course offered by SP Jain college. The course is provided in 2 modes (full time - 6mnths and part time 1 year). I need to know complete details about this course like preparation for aptitude test & interview + program structure + placement assistance and average CTC offered after completion of this course?  If anyone has done this course or know any friend/alumni please can you share the experience or if possible share contact details, I would like to have a quick word regarding this program.

If you value your time and money DO NOT join this course!! 

Its an utter waste of your hard earned money, this course is run by incompetent, useless people. Do you think you can learn these skills in 6 months ? Its better to study for free from coursera, save your money. I would give this course 1 out of 5.

Cons:

1. Unorganized curriculum

2. Incompetent management

3. No study materials provided

4. No mentorship for projects

5. No placements provided (Not a single batch has been 50 % placed )

6. No internship provided

7 . All courses are introductory

8 . Very rushed curriculum

9. It is outsourced to NeuralTechSoft, so the network of SPJAIN is not used

10. The management does not take responsibilty

11. The selection process for this course is unproctored

12. They literally accept all the applicants

13. Huge batch size

14. For such an IT intensive course they select people that barely have any IT experience

15. Very small campus

16. No networking opportunites provided

17. The faculty makes an idiot out of the student

18. Some of the faculty are very awful teachers

19. The term exams count for nothing, they literally repeat the questions aked to previous batches, not a word changed. Or they will C&P from google.

20. You will learn more from coursera, udemy, edx in much lesser resources

21. ITS AN UTTER WASTE OF YOUR MONEY AND TIME!!! SAVE YOURSELF THE PAIN OF 6 MONTHS AND NEARLY 15 LAKHS RUPEES, JOIN SOMEOTHER COURSE LIKE IIMB, ISI

22. They run 3 batches in an year, CHURNING STUDENTS OUT LIKE A FACTORY, AND PROVIDING NOTHING THAT THEY PROMISE. FORGET THE PLACEMENTS< YOU WILL NOT EVEN GET THE SATISFACTION OF STUDYING SOMETHING SOLID HERE. 

23. YOU WILL JUMP FROM ONE DIVERSE TOPIC TO ANOTHER IN MERE 5 DAYS AND YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.

24. NO REVISION CLASSES ARE ARRANGED.

25. THEY GET PEOPLE TO APPLY TO THIS COURSE BY LYING ABOUT PLACEMENTS AND FACULTY.

26. ITS NOT JUST THIS COURSE, ALL THE COURSES OF SPJAIN ARE SIMILAR.

THEY HAVE NO FULL TIME FACULTY...

THE REST IS FOR YOU TO DECIDE, YOU HAVE THE FACTS ALL LISTED FOR YOU. CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY.

HI .

I am interested for the SP Jain BDAP course. But Before enrolling I need to know about the batch profile. If someone have any information you can mail me at [email protected]. Would be very helpful.   I have Btech(civil)+MBA, with only 10 monthes experience in banking sector as a relationship manager. 

I am interested to create a career in data analytics but skeptical whether is it the right time to take the plunge.

Hi, Formal education and trainings are mandatory for starters. But mba in business analytics is not compulsory stuff, u can easily go for online courses from fab classes like simplilearn,edx, Coursera and udacity etc but in online mode u need to be very much self motivated and inspired by yourself as it is virtual mode so efforts put must be 10–15% more than offline modes, but if it is done in great passion it is by far best in cheap rate as well as u will get it in short span of period. Job scenerio:- Jobs are immense once you become 2years experienced professional. Freshers might find tough to into analytics space so better is gain experience for 2-3yrs side by side start your learning and after some years, go for interview and Get into your analytics life. Salary as per analytics india magazine is as follows:- 0-4years experienced folks with all knowledge of r, python, excel can earn upto 10-12lacs that too from big shot mncs whereas startups will give u around 5-8lacs depending upon the nature and status of the startup. Learning methodology:- It hardly takes 6months of practice with weekly commitment of around 4-5hrs is enough to atleast cover all big data analytics concepts like Hadoop, hbase, hive, sqoop, spark, pig, mapreduce, scala, Cassandra, mongodb, storm, kafka written in java or python... But actual used tools in major companies are Hadoop(getting obsolete because of top class spark which is same as Hadoop only reliability, speed, one to two concepts differs), Apache Spark, Hive, Scala, Pig,Hdfs, Mapreduce. Note:- Tools differs but Concepts are majorly drawn from old ones. Easy to learn Any tools but Getting handson on concepts and realizing the actual working of the concepts plays a vital role in analytics domain. I would suggest you to first learn by doing, go for internships in a startups to gain lots of exposure in all aspects of technologies and real world issues and them jump onto big mncs with your wider skillsets. Coming to the courses mentioning below check it:- There are many other options which are having less fees, quality education, rich content as per latest market scenerio. I feel so for recently launched online or off line pgp courses in business analytics @ Praxis bschool which has tieup with PwC and icici for online and full time course at bangalore and kolkata campud and in collaboration with IIDT at hyderabad campus in association with Hyderabad government. Even recently they have launched online courses on pg data science and business analytics for 8-12months duration, fees very less plus earn a degree from a aicte approved institute,placement support same as full time batch and every month one industry expert will come n take session via VLP. The course at praxis is very well structured and delivered and all are preferably for atleast 2yrs experienced folks but they are all distance learning courses via VLP mode. They are fabulous in their contents, facilities, faculties, support,brand.. If you want to do pg then go and do it from praxis as they have launched recently enabled online course they are best by far less cost and rich contents with great placement support after 6months duration. Believe me placement is also there even for online course offered by praxis business school.Praxis has thrived hard to be the best in all terms whether it is online or offline specially in data science domain in india or in asia for providing cutting edges practices....Course in collaboration with Chennai based edu tech startup see their partner program page in praxis college website it will show you all mandatory details. Fees for full time is 5lacs but only in Bangalore and kolkata so those who want to learn from a very reputed bschool plus good placement assistance plus great faculty then praxis would ne far better and for online mode also fees is very less plus placement assistance is provided as per one preference. Websites like KAGGLE, AIM & AVIDHYA will help. Best business schools in analytics space in asia as per many sources :- Praxis business school(backed by icici and pwc experts) Great full time and online mode classes IIM-C + ISI-C + IIT-K(Immensely Best in all terms).. These two are by far best for full time as well as part time mode IIMS, ISB, PRAXIS,NMIMS,Upgrad are all great courses but **my suggestion is to take courses from simplilearn or udacity or edx best in class content with affordable range.** Apart these all r okay like great lakes, aegis, spjain, manipal, misb,nmims no placements assistance n very high fees with less options to get placed. Countries Speacially in:- Best data analytics courses are available in india, usa, canada & Ireland... Choose wisely!! All d best!!Welcome to Data Driven World!!.