SP Jain Interview calls/experiences

Dear pals I have got an interview call from SPJIMR.I have been asked to choose between a list of dates ranging from Jan 10 to Feb 28.How is it that SPJain has given the interview calls even before the CAT results are out? :astonished: In fact th…

Dear pals I have got an interview call from SPJIMR.I have been asked to choose between a list of dates ranging from Jan 10 to Feb 28.How is it that SPJain has given the interview calls even before the CAT results are out? 😲 In fact they have given the calls even before the CAT has been held Guys getting calls please do post here ! We can break our heads together abt the strategy and the choice of dates Best wishes!

gawd,this is sum incredible thing spj ppl are doin ,what with the last date fr applyin a good 2 mnts away!!!...im still in college so dont hav real time experience of the b-schools selection funde but this is way too wierd.....between hey godfather, dyou hav sum solid workex or what??.....anyways,all the best for the interview!!

Yes, I too got the letter yesterday.
Need to decide on 2 dates it seems.

when will XLRI give out calls- It seems they too publish results within a week.

PG, any SPJ alumni...I tho't u mentioned about them not being seen for ages πŸ˜‰ on the other thread ??

Hedonist's mail seemed quite informative, but I'm not too clear about this "group interview" thingie!!

Cheers, maloy

Congrats both of you for snagging the calls ! Best of luck with the GD/PI's and do prep well for the same. Feel free to check out the sticky threads. They have some SPJ experiences and do use the search function to check up on last year's experiences.

Congrats Again folks.

Cheers,

hey this is interesting....so any idea what was the criteria used by the SPJAIN ppl to send out the calls?

Whoa,

I read the first post and was trying to check if this was one of those last years posts that i was reading!!!!!

Congrats dudes...Way to go.

Would help if you could throw some light on your backgrounds/profiles and when exactly did u submit ur apps.

Thanks and Besties again,

Zeus

hey guys...
i applied for spjain...bought the application in octobr 1st week till now did not send though my essays were ready long back....
really hotting me now....
but i feel if this is true...spjain wud have had bad sale of forms...and now to boost sales tthey cud probably send call letters just to get more money...but i know one thing for sure is that the spjjains donot not consider cat score for calling to interview...
good thing is they donot have a group discussion but have group interview where 4 out of 6 people are called.....and the there is the next round...where same thing applies...
i will write it in detail if more requests come becoz not sure whether deatils regding this are available on p.g...
sivaram

hey shivram........really surprises me how u come to jump the gun almost every other time.......SP has done so last year too...go thro' the past threads.....n yea.....try to sense the difference between a thread that is serious n that is a prank......take ur time before u start shootin from the hip....

Cheers

ps: gr8 goin guys...congrats n all the best....guess quite a few others from around here will be joining u folks soon πŸ˜ƒ

Fantastic job guys , great goin !!!

I really dont think its nice 2 accuse others of playing a prank . SPJ has done this even last yr . Why would these 2 lie abt getting calls ? lets not jump the gun and accuse others without proof . After all , we have been taking ppls scores in the Sims at their face value . And judging by GODFATHERS scores , he's gonna walk into SPJ . Good luck guyz .

Nikhil

congrats to guys who have got calls frm sp. do drop n ur info regarding ur background work-ex , so that we too may come to know about criteria involved. sp has dopne this in the past, but this time even the last date for application isnt over :!: :!:

king

Thanks for the good luck messages And the funniest thing is I am a fresher with 0.0 years of work experience God only knows the criteria they are using for evaluation.But I was among the first to apply-I submitted my app by the first week of October.So I guess many of you wud be getting the calls pretty soon.My profile:
Acads:82.5%
Work Exp:Fresher
Stream:Engineering
Maybe the answers you fill in the app form matter a lot.Plus I have listed a lot of extra curricular activities concerned with social service.My personal guess is that the latter made the difference.But don't worry guys!U shud be getting ur calls pretty soon!

come on guys...
i did not shoot the gun ,in my mail i said about wat i thought of spjain's strategy...
and said...
i saw a couple of pranks...and thought this cud be one..in no way i was doubting these guys credentials....
i congratulate these guys whole heartedly and see i can also get a call becoz my proflie is almost similar to these guys and my essays are not all that bad....
i still have to post my application...
and plz guys donot brand me now...i was democratic without shooting guns of hip..

Hey Godfather n Maloy, Congrats n wish u the very best. I am one of those lazy people who has all his essays ready but since the deadline is far way off..i am just procrastinating stuff.

hey Maloy..do post ur profile details.

Cheers,
Kanti

Hi every one .
ME Vivek from kolkata.
got registered today itself.
Well, guys 'm a bit inquisitive bout this SPJIMR calls.
I filled the form in back oct(online), but today chekced my acc in thier online
inbox provided to every applicant.But did not get any information about whether i have got a call.
Can anybody , tell me a bit more bout this.

I have heard that the sp jain people aren't looking at the cat scores alone. As in...they view the profiles of thses people and decide earlier itself. The cat scores come later. They are imp but not that imp. Thats probably why they are already calling the ones who have submitted the forms. This is what I've heard. Can't vouch for it!

Hey Godfather n Maloy thats fantastic news !!! Good luck for your GD/PI.

Me too applied for SP online ...but now repent not having completed my essay section still..... i guess I was not even considered for it ! Me have a good academic record (86%) and one year work exp..............boooooooooo ... looks like I missed my SP call

But I'm thoroughly disgusted with this...I mean how can they do this ...provided even the last day for applications have not been reached. How can they be sure that they are getting the best students ????

I plan to finish my essay section and submit the appl ASAP .....can I still expect any call before CAT exam ???? Please reply with your thoughts.

-codewarrior

hey congrats to all those got the call.....the thing is that i had registered online....but dint sent them, the money...was still undecided...now having a feeling to sent them the money and apply ...and try for a calll.....all my essays r already in place...what do u say guys..

but today chekced my acc in thier online
inbox provided to every applicant.But did not get any information about whether i have got a call. Can anybody , tell me a bit more bout this.

Hi Vivek,

you can find out if you have got a call or not by hitting this link and entering your application ID. http://www.spjimr.org/admission/interview.asp good luck

Calls from SPJIMR???

Isn't the deadline for submitting forms still far away?