SP Jain GMBA Nov-2010 selected candidates

Hi all, Creating this thread so as to serve as a common ground for all the candidates who gto through SP Jain GMBA Nov-2010. Congratulation to those who have been selected :cheers: Purpose of this thread: 1. Get to know each othe…

Hi all,

Creating this thread so as to serve as a common ground for all the candidates who gto through SP Jain GMBA Nov-2010.
Congratulation to those who have been selected :cheers:

Purpose of this thread:

1. Get to know each other
2. Any questions/apprehensions we have about joining
3. Share any information about GMBA placements
4. How well recognized GMBA is in industry

5. Any other queries/questions

My profile:

Above average acads
4.5+ years of experience in IT
Offered Consultancy Management
Second choice was SM

Many Congrats Zpehyr GMBA,

I'm an aspirant for CM - GMBA at SPJAIN. Would appreciate, if you highlight the Selection Process and any homework need to be done esp when applying to CM.

P.S. If you have posted your de-brief about same in other post, link to that URL will suffice.

Thanks & Congrats Again

@boomerang,

I did not actually prepare much for SP jain internal aptitude test as i was already preparing for GMAT. SP Jain test was pretty easy though i had tough time in GK. Visual reasoning was a bit tricky. Rest of the sections were child's play.

After the test if one is selected then there is a case study, 2 essays, 1 panel interview and 1 personal interview.
Case study would be related to your choice of program. The topic for Essays could anything under the sun. As i had prepared for GMAT AWA they were not a big issues for me. In panel interview one must be very clear as to why one wants to to MBA and what was the reason for chosing the specialization. Then they may ask gneral questions. In personal interview they saked the same questions plus what kind of work experience one has, what are the day to day activities etc etc.. Hope this helps :)

Does anybody have any idea about the placements in GMBA?

Hi all,

Creating this thread so as to serve as a common ground for all the candidates who gto through SP Jain GMBA Nov-2010.
Congratulation to those who have been selected :cheers:

Purpose of this thread:

1. Get to know each other
2. Any questions/apprehensions we have about joining
3. Share any information about GMBA placements
4. How well recognized GMBA is in industry

5. Any other queries/questions

My profile:

Above average acads
4.5+ years of experience in IT
Offered Consultancy Management
Second choice was SM

Hi

Got a call for Nov2010 batch in ITM .I have some questions regarding the placements :

1.What kind of role is offered to candidates with around 5yrs of exp.
2.How is the salary package considering the ROI on 16-17lacs
3. I have heard that for 5yrs+ exp the placement cell does not support well & people have to themselves find job through their network .

Looking forward to exchange some info on the above points.

Thanks
Nischal

@Nischal
Even i have the same questions. I am trying to get in touch with a person who has passed out from SP Jain GMBA. Lets see. Even i am worried about the placements. Sending you a private message. Check and reply ASAP

hi folks,
i m sharad bharadva. BE Mechie.. 've over 4 yrs of work ex in M&M; Auto Sector in various functions: quality systems, business excellence and last stint in human capital - organization culture change management (internal branding, communication mediums, deployment, etc).
applied for GHRM Nov 2010.. bt they offered SMM, which i accept..
bt 've deferred my admission to Apr 2011, coz of nt havin passport (cant b more dumb & stupic than this:splat:)
looking 4ward to make a career in Mktg.. wnted to 've an international study.. 'm sure SPJ GMBA is a good choice..

Sharad

Hi sharad,
In case if you defer you joining to the program do they take any more rounds for admissions ?

br,
Karan

hi karan,
if u've been offered a seat, then u need nt give any more rounds of interviews and tests.. just tht u wud join in the nxt batch..
give a valid reason to defer your admission though..

all the best...