SP Jain GMBA - May 2013

Hi There,I have made it to the May 13’ intake of the SP Jain GMBA program - SG, DXB, SYD.Any fellow joiners in here. Can anyone help with the latest placement figures and batch profile. A fb group for members of this cohort would be useful !!!..

Hi There,

I have made it to the May 13' intake of the SP Jain GMBA program - SG, DXB, SYD.

Any fellow joiners in here. Can anyone help with the latest placement figures and batch profile. A fb group for members of this cohort would be useful !!!

Cheers,

Vignesh

@vigneshsan : Please share ur profile..

BE in IT, work ex-4.5

@vigneshsan : Congratulations Vignesh! Can you please throw some light on the interview process? I am an aspirant for the same batch and would be appearing for eveluation this sunday. Also, which specialization have you opted for?

@ankit2508,

Hey, I've opted for Cmm. Had 2 rounds - 1 evaluation + interview & 1 I interview with the dean. The eval had a case study and an essay related to what I'd opted for and my profile. Sth about a confectionary expansion plan if I remember right. The essay was sth about constructive criticism and my receptiveness to it.

Two panelists on the 1st interview and one on the 2nd. Questions like - why MBA?, why now?, how will you add value to the course?, extra curriculars?, why are your scores at univ low? Etc
Round two- tell us all about yourself, from your birth till this point- school, college, jobs etc.
where are you from? Where are your parents from?
As much as I can remember...
I interviewed in December.

Good luck.

Hi Vignesh--- i have work exp of exactly 3 years and hv got cat score of 81.

decent academic record and i have a small start up along with my job.
Do you think i hold a chance for the may intake for cmm? i still need to apply.

Hi Vignesh..
Congrats
Could you share your exxam score aswell pls(CAT/GMAT)..

@vigneshsan - Could you tell me about your score pls? Thanks

Hi Guys!!!I have got evaluation call for gmba...scheduled on 21st feb 2013......I have opted for Consulting management.....can someone plz share the interview questions???? anything specific to consulting management that i shud prepare for???can someone provide few e.g of essys and case studies???

Regards

Deepak

hey deepak..
could you shar eyour score pls,,, (which you applied with) tx

hi pratul.....i gave sp jain aptitude test...they havnt disclosed the score....they just sent me an email that my score meets their cut off

@vigneshsan -Any suggessions for case studies?

@deekshaaneja

Be thorough about your industry and discipline. For eg. I was abroad for 2 yrs before applying for the course. The case study was related to to business venture in the region and the positives and negatives of extending a chain. Make sure u can elaborate on everything you've mentioned on ur resume and profile.

Thanks a lot @vigneshsan for sharing your experience.

I've a question, do we need to write our approach on the case study or is it a discussion within a group? Also, how much time is given for both case study and essay?
@Shil15 They give u a situation depending on what stream you've selected. You need to dissect it on paper with your analysis, understanding, description and solution. Given two references in my comments above.

You'll also have an essay to write. My topic was on how I'd taken serious criticism constructively in life with examples, workarounds and measures to improve myself.

"The eval had a case study and an essay related to what I'd opted for and my profile. Sth about a confectionary expansion plan if I remember right. The essay was sth about constructive criticism and my receptiveness to it."

Thanks a lot @vigneshsan

Dear All, If you make/have made it to the program, please get back on the forum and we could connect on fb...

@vigneshsan
Hi ,

I have my evaluation scheduled on the 24 th of Feb I have 4.5 years of experience in I.T and have opted for I.T management as my specialization. Thanks for the details on the case study you have given us a good idea on the entire process could you perhaps elaborate more on the personal interview? Do they ask any domain specific questions? How did the interview with dean go?

Were you the only person being interviewed by the panel or was it like a group interview?
How many members present in the panel? any other details that we should be aware of as part of the interview process?

@poomadhndia

Hi,

I gave the interview in Singapore since I'm based here. The 1st round had 2 panelists, both of Chinese descent, who asked me about my performance in BE (which wasn't too great) and the reasons for it; my current job description and history and what I could bring to the table if granted admission to the course. The 2nd round was with the dean who asked for a summary of my life story from birth, school, work, college, BE, family, origin and my reasons for choosing CMM after IT exp and a BE in IT.

I suggest you back up everything you've mentioned in your portal based admission form and CV with reasons. If you're banking on extra-curriculars, make sure you have certificates for every thing you've mentioned.

On the whole, not stressful, depending on your approach. For my round 1, I sensed that a bold approach was useful. Cause I think the gentleman observed my handshake and style of handing out and receiving a business card. Round 2 was more open with an exchange of questions. You can ask what you have in mind and your expectations.

That's all I can remember at this point.

Wish you luck!

Cheers,
Vignesh