SOPs for Executive MBA

Hi All, I understand that there is a thread on this forum regarding the Art of Writing SOP (AoWS) & we can find some really good SOPs there. It will help us a great deal to see those SOPs. The only problem is, I have not found a great deal…

Hi All,

I understand that there is a thread on this forum regarding the Art of Writing SOP (AoWS) & we can find some really good SOPs there. It will help us a great deal to see those SOPs.
The only problem is, I have not found a great deal of stuff specifically related with executive MBA SOPs. All the SOPs present in AoWS are from the persepective of a I think we should start discussing about the SOPs, specific to Executive MBA programs here. I will be posting my draft version very soon. Please let me know if you guys are interested in that? If I get more than 5-10 responses in YES, I will post my SOP here. :beta1:
There are some good reviewers like Simba, Psychodementia, Ketan, URMAD & many more on the forum of art of writing SOP. I think we can reasonably hope them to contribute here too.

regards
Ritz
PS:
If any such thread already exists, please let me know.

Hey,

I do see your point. But is there that drastic a difference? If there isnt then I suggest you continue on the AoWS thread.

If there is a difference in approach, then please by all means continue.

However, its the Mods call.

Cheers and good luck.

Are SOPs being asked for International E-MBAs?? I didnt know they were. If your focus is on Indian B-schools then i think this is the wrong place. Please confirm.

I suggest to start this thread specifically for the Indian MBAs for executives (1 Year programs at IIML, IIMC, IIMA, ISB, GLIM, SPJAIN, XLRI etc).
We have so many institutes now, that I think we should have a thread specifically for the purpose of answering the subjective questions like SOP writing, 3 most imp activities, 1 most important instance and so on & so forth. We can discuss what kind of an example should be given for these questions, If a particular example is suitable for an MBA application or not, what is it that reflects the right attributes of the candidates etc..
We do have threads for these schools specifically where ppl ask if they are suitable to get a call of IV or not & blah blah blah..
We also have the forum to write the SOPs but as I mentioned earlier, it has lots of SOPs for lesser experienced ppl but very very few for experience range of 7 to 10 years.
Nothing wrong with that but I think there is a fundamental difference between SOP of a normal MBA app & SOP of an executive MBA app. Executive MBA prepares you for & expects you to take up senior mangerial positions so the SOPs need to reflect that kind of capability in you, displayed majorly during your professional experience and a glimpse of the same during your college days.
On the other hand, a normal 2 year MBA does not necessarily look for your managerial capabilities during your work ex & even your excellence in ACADS are given more importance than the improtance they are given in the EXEC MBA app. That is because freshers or people with 1 to 5 years experience apply in a major percentage. The chances that within 5 years someone will have managerial exp are pretty less. So these kind of differences call for a different approach for the SOP of these 2 courses.
No where we get the answers to these subjective questions which are asked in the executive MBA applications. That is the reason I think this thread will be useful. People who get a positive answers from the Forums regarding their candidature for a particular Exec MBA, can come here & then discuss the real subjective questions & the profile to be presented. That will help people a great deal I think because after a gap from studies, their GMAT, & ACADS do not carry as much as importance as much a properly written essay carries.

Still, if you guys think it is not the right place, please guide me to such a place where I can see specific subjective questions on the profiles of Exec MBA applicants in India.

regards
Ritz

If you are looking an Indian schools, then the thread has been opened in the wrong section of the forum. Moving it to the correct section.

Neo2000 Says
If you are looking an Indian schools, then the thread has been opened in the wrong section of the forum. Moving it to the correct section.

I fail to understnad if a thread like
PGPX IV - 2009-10: Application Process and Beyond be present in the forum International and Indian MBA schools accepting GMAT

then why cant the thread of SOP for these schools be present in the same forum? :tellme:
If you feel my point is justified, please move the thread there so that it is visibile to the group, it is intended for...
If not, then we can carry on here. But I still feel it should be here as it is for the Indian PGPEX MBAs, accepting GMAT. So it belongs..

regards
Ritz