Some Books I have Read & Would Recommend Season II

Welcome to the new thread for Books you've read and would recommend. The earlier thread had lived its life and is now ready for a new one. Bring it on guys.

Welcome to the new thread for Books I have read and would recommend.
The earlier thread had lived its life and is now ready for a new one.

Bring it on guys

PS: link to the old thread.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/some-books-i-have-read-would-recommend-25000096

Suggest some simple books coz i dont like to read much 😃

I used to visit the old thread whenever I was in a dire need of a good book to read.. Never got disappointed.. Have got some masterpieces just because of that thread..
Hope the trend continues :)
Anyway, reading Alchemy of Desire by Tarun Tejpal now.. Amazing read.. Got it from Just Books, Powai :)
Cheaper at indiaplaza than Flipkart..

For someone who loved to read suspense thrillers and watch hindi feature films during summer on Chhutti Chhutti aired in Doordarshan I have just the right set of short stories for you.

Try reading Satyajeet Ray's short stories on Feluda's Adventures. Feluda is the Indian Sherlock Holmes, and I tell you, the stories are AWESOME!!!

Perfect mix of simple plot, comedy, thrilling suspense, and presence of mind.

The language is super lucid too, so will act as a perfect gift to small kids too who are picking up reading books :)

Another such set of short stories collection of Satyajeet Ray goes by the name of Indigo. These are all HORROR STORIES written by him, and needless to say, these are very well written too.:)

Reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch..

Brand new thread for books

Few weeks back ,completed Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson

Dont go by the title of the book ..

Its a fascinating read and fast paced book :cheerio:..

Highly recommended for people who hate reading biographies/autobiographies

Short stories lover can read the short stories by various Indian authors published by Children book Trust (CBT Publications)

One such Omnibus I had bought when I was a kid is called, "Short Stories Golden Collection by Arup Kumar Datta"
Man, it is one of the best books I have read so far.

And whenever I go back home, and have the chance, I take that book out, and read stories from them.
It had 4 stories:
The Kaziranga Trail or something
The Blind Witness (Telefilm made on this by the name of Netraheen Sakshi)
Smack
and one more I dont remember...

2 stories based in Assam while 2 from Mumbai.

Again a must read for short story lovers.

Hey puys,

Anywhere in jaipur where I can find books on rent or maybe there 2nd hand editions/cheaper publications?

Thanks in advance.

Completed with Life Is What You Make It - Preeti Shenoy

Its an amazing peace of work rather say a nice short book on Motivation and how one can take our life from good to bad if not managed properly and can even go into depression.

Few books to be read are....

- The Last Lecture
- Horn ok please
- I have a dream

Completed with Life Is What You Make It - Preeti Shenoy

Its an amazing peace of work rather say a nice short book on Motivation and how one can take our life from good to bad if not managed properly and can even go into depression.

Few books to be read are....

- The Last Lecture
- Horn ok please
- I have a dream

HORN OK PLEASE is AWESOME!!

I knew it would be one of your favorites, since, uhmm well we share the same passion! ;)

Plus Last Lecture is a good one too. I happened to nick one copy from the ones we got for you guys!

An article on royalty I chanced upon:

Kotah maharaja's tiger hunting Rolls may fetch 1 million - Auto - Book Reviews - ibnlive

For ppl interested in reading biographies, go for "Dreams from my father" by Barack Obama and also " straight from the gut" by Jack Welch

Read these recently and felt good books 😃

I am still searching "man behind trains- Watson"

Can not find it...

Guys ,plz suggest any book in the league of "INDIA UNBOUND"by Gurcharan Das.

Reading Life Of Pie... and liking the simplicity with which it is written. Gave me a craving to visit a zoo again :P

@All... can we have a book reading week among ourselves? book club types... one of us can come up with some titles and we can decide on the one or two and try to finish it in a week and discussions can follow??

Reading Life Of Pie... and liking the simplicity with which it is written. Gave me a craving to visit a zoo again :P

@All... can we have a book reading week among ourselves? book club types... one of us can come up with some titles and we can decide on the one or two and try to finish it in a week and discussions can follow??

Bang on man, looks fine!:)
the lucknow boy!!!read it for its beautifully written autobiography of an editor of leading mag.also has interesting inside stories about who's who of India.

i blog here:
">http://somtom19.blogspot.in/

India after Gandhi by Ramchandra Guha is an awesome read if interested in modern history. Very useful for CAT aspirants too..

Also "The Quants" is a good book who wants to know how algorithmic trading and Quants brought 2008 recession.

And a must read is Predictably Irrational" by Dan Ariely. Great book on Behavioral economics. Its not a lecture but collection of experiment and its outcome. Damn interesting , I must say.

And for crime fiction lover Millenium series is a great series.
We already have the movie for first part "The girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
And Hornet Nest is best in the series