Solvency Certificate FAQ

Hi , I am starting a new thread as this is one of the documents needed for applying to foreign colleges. Solvency Certificate is a certificate needed to show that your assets are more than your liabilities and that you can fund your ed…

Hi ,

I am starting a new thread as this is one of the documents needed for applying to foreign colleges.

Solvency Certificate is a certificate needed to show that your assets are more than your liabilities and that you can fund your education.

I would like to know if the banks consider property while evaluating the amount of solvency. I am from Jamshedpur and the banks like SBI, Canara Bank and UCO bank say that they would provide solvency only for the amount present in liquid cash in the account .

Is their statement valid ?

Please help

i applied for my brothers certificate in syndicate bank. Other than the money that my dad had in bank, i showed them the NSE certificate. also the bank was willing to increase the amount if i could show them the FD receipt of any bank. they calculated all of them before giving the certificate. I am also one of the guarantor for my brother loan.

Hi ,

I am starting a new thread as this is one of the documents needed for applying to foreign colleges.

Solvency Certificate is a certificate needed to show that your assets are more than your liabilities and that you can fund your education.

I would like to know if the banks consider property while evaluating the amount of solvency. I am from Jamshedpur and the banks like SBI, Canara Bank and UCO bank say that they would provide solvency only for the amount present in liquid cash in the account .

Is their statement valid ?

Please help

Hi , Thanks for the info.
Could you let me know how much do the banks usually charge for issuing the certificate .

anaik100 Says
i applied for my brothers certificate in syndicate bank. Other than the money that my dad had in bank, i showed them the NSE certificate. also the bank was willing to increase the amount if i could show them the FD receipt of any bank. they calculated all of them before giving the certificate. I am also one of the guarantor for my brother loan.

depends on the bank. my bank did not charge me anything.

Hi , Thanks for the info.
Could you let me know how much do the banks usually charge for issuing the certificate .

Just wanted to know if you got the solvency letter this year. I went to Canara Bank. and they were asking me for 15000. Similar figure quoted by another bank .
They were saying that the rules have changed.

anaik100 Says
depends on the bank. my bank did not charge me anything.

i took it in feb

Just wanted to know if you got the solvency letter this year. I went to Canara Bank. and they were asking me for 15000. Similar figure quoted by another bank .
They were saying that the rules have changed.