Software Testing, Quality Assurance, QA - Queries & Discussions

hi guys. can anyone please throw some light on software testing as a career.the salary a fresher commands, growth vis a vis devlopment.any other info you wanna share regarding software testing .plz do reply its pretty urgent. thanks in advance.

hi guys.
can anyone please throw some light on software testing as a career.the salary a fresher commands, growth vis a vis devlopment.any other info you wanna share regarding software testing .plz do reply its pretty urgent. thanks in advance.

Hi Rohit, despite the craze and ego assosiated with dev, its nice to see people aspiring to be testers. A good tester needs to be better than the dev to break his/her code. We very rarely see companies that put in a lot of effort into the quality of products. As a result, the challenges in a testing role are high in very few companies.

There some good testing schools around - atleast in NCR. If you want exact details, PM me and I can find out and let you know.

Regarding the salaries. They are as much as ppl in s/w get. In companies that have different people that do dev and testing, testers get paid slightly less than dev.

Growth is no different for a tester from a dev - atleast from what I know.

hi guys.
can anyone please throw some light on software testing as a career.the salary a fresher commands, growth vis a vis devlopment.any other info you wanna share regarding software testing .plz do reply its pretty urgent. thanks in advance.

Testing is field where you can do wonders if you work hard.Also, if you work as a tester in starting years, it really helps you if you decide to switch to development side.
Testers are always in demand & there are ample oppurtunities in market.

And as deepti puts it: Growth is no different for a tester from a dev.
hi deepti thanks for your response .it would be great help if you could tell me testing schools and other info.thanks a lot. r u also into testing?
rohit

i tried to private message you but your inbox is full

Myself a noob in this field. Just joined in two months ago.... not by choice by default..... But whatever little I have seen till now I am loving it..... Testing is *the* field to be in if my bosses are to be believed
Testing is interesting wherein you have to think out of the box sometimes to break the system. Also there is huge supply-demand gap of quality people in this area. So get in and enjoy

PS: Software testing is a awesome option for MBA aspirants, you get lotsa free time on your hands 😁

hi nikhil thanks for your reply.
which company are you working in? is salry at par with dev?did u do any testing program?you any any good testing school?DO ELABORATE ON UR PROFILE AND THE FEILD IN GENERAL. i need the info urgently hoping for an early reply from you.thanx a million .
rohit

hi nikhil thanks for your reply.
which company are you working in? is salry at par with dev?did u do any testing program?you any any good testing school?DO ELABORATE ON UR PROFILE AND THE FEILD IN GENERAL. i need the info urgently hoping for an early reply from you.thanx a million .
rohit

Salary at par with Dev: Yes
Did I undergo any testing training: No
Do I know any good testing school? Could suggest a few in Pune
My profile: BE Electronics
About the field: Already mentioned in my last post
hi deepti thanks for your response .it would be great help if you could tell me testing schools and other info.thanks a lot. r u also into testing?
rohit
i tried to private message you but your inbox is full

Here are some pointers for you:

1. There is a y! group called "softwarequality"
2. Check out http://india.istqb.org/
3. Check out http://www.whatistesting.com/

No Rahul, I'm not into testing. Incidentally, I'm into dev
DOES ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE IDEA ABOUT A GOOD TESTING SCHOOL IN DELHI NCR. HOW R THE FOLLOWING.

1>WEBTEKLABS NARAINA INDUSTRIAL AREA
2>DUCAT NOIDA
3>PURE TESTING NOIDA

WHAT ARE THE ENTRY LEVEL SALARIES FOR FRESHERS IN TESTING.

WHAT ARE THE ENTRY LEVEL SALARIES FOR FRESHERS IN TESTING.

Rohit, People already answered this. If you are looking at exact numbers, could be anywhere between 1.8 lpa to 8 lpa (the highest I heard of for entry level freshers in India) - depending on how good you are and how good the company is for you.

can you guys guide me on which institute is best from the ones i stated above,which one should i join?thanxx

any awnsers??????????????: ??: ??: ??:
rohit_s_r Says
any awnsers??????????????: ??: ??: ??:

Hey Rohit,

You need to answer many questions before embarking onto such a journey.
If you are a fresher, then how are you going to proove your prowess in testing? I dont think any major software company recognizes the training offered in any institue. What you can do is, probably, appear for a CSTE - http://www.qaiindia.com/

Even then, I doubt companies look into the demands of freshers, and where they want to position themselves. Probably after you have spent an year or so in the industry, try doing such certifications and align yourself to that aspect of Software Life Cycle.

As it is, how much you reaaly know about testing is also questionable. There are so many types of them, and it's a surity that every project will incorporate only one of them. Plus, with testing, you will need an in depth knowledge of the tools you are testing, probably better than the developers themselves.

My suggestion - get into Software. Talk to Project Managers and Team Leaders about your interests, and they can better hook you up. As a fresher, how much leverage will you gain, by doing a course, is highly questionable...
hey guys ....................so should i join it or stay away i am even more confused please guide me what should i do.??: ??: ??: ??:

Hey Buddies,
This is certainly not with the intention of sounding condescending or anything, but in general, engineers, over a period of time, prefer a 'programming' job, as opposed to a 'testing' job. Why? The testing job, after some time, becomes a routine. Whereas, in programming an implementation project does involve something to look forward to when you come to work everyday.
There are some who may argue that even programmers invoved in maintenance projects do a lot of 'routine work'. Point taken.

Basically, it depends on you, your aptitude and willingness to learn.

rohit_s_r Says
hey guys ....................so should i join it or stay away i am even more confused please guide me what should i do.??: ??: ??: ??:

Rohit,
Testing is an up and coming field. It has a huge demand versus a relatively short supply.

Development, on the other hand is overloaded.

Career wise, Everyone in the industry tends to become a manager after about 7-10 years. Testing, i have seen people take up that role in 5-7.

So... buddy, you need to have a chat to yourself. I can vouch that testing is not monotonous always. The testing team on my project swap people and everyone gets to test on new technologies all the time, and they keep on increasing their knowledge on tools.

It is an interesting field, but the decision is yours. We can enlist the adv vis a vis disadv...
For a testing aptitude, if you like trying to break stuff, that your friends made, to find faults in them... GO FOR IT..

PS - I hate testers. Me developer. :D:D This is natural!!!

hey thanks for the info guys. any more info is always welcome

hey rajat can you guide me which institute shall i join to teting course any idea regarding their fees placemensts etc the ones i have in mind are . sqc,webtek,ducat,puretesting,whatistesting what ya say

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????