So I am trying to do some research for a project of mine on soft skills.
What I would want to know, by a quick show of opinion, is what does the Puys think about this topic. Do people even know what soft skills are? Does anybody feel that they lack in a particular soft skill? Would you want to take a training to improve your skills? etc. etc.
I don't have a set questionnaire in place yet. Just wanted to gauge out feel before I ask for a surveymonkey kind of help 😛
I am placing a short writeup below to familiarize junta with "Soft Skills". Would appreciate inputs from all!!!
Soft skills are:
- Personal traits or qualities
-Defines how we interact with others
-Acquired through concentrated effort
Soft skills are needed to:
- Allow for effective use of skills and knowledge
- Improve interaction with bosses, colleagues and clients
- Influence how others perceive us
- Match a laundry list of qualifications mentioned in job postings - Communication skills, Organizational skills, Team player etc.
You have a soft skill gap if you find yourself:
- Unable to manage your work?
- With no clear sense of direction from management?
- Unable to get your presence noticed?
- Ineffectual presentation skills?