Snap,sihs : Hospital & Healthcare Management

HI :slight_smile: Im a student of SIHS: SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF HEALTH SCIENCES,MBA-HHC,'07-'09. *As the date of SNAP has been already declrd,im starting this thread related to MBA-HHC.In this thread i will try to ans all ur quaries regarding this cour…

HI :)
Im a student of SIHS: SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF HEALTH SCIENCES,MBA-HHC,'07-'09.
As the date of SNAP has been already declrd,im starting this thread related to MBA-HHC.In this thread i will try to ans all ur quaries regarding this course.so if u have any,plz feel free to ask me.
c ya

Hi Buddy, I have passed MBBS this year from KEM hospital, am aiming for a career in the Healthcare Industry. How is the course AT SIHM? Is it exhaustive like any other MBA program? How is it different from Masters in Hospital Administration in terms of course ware,placements etc

dinu_dr Says
Hi Buddy, I have passed MBBS this year from KEM hospital, am aiming for a career in the Healthcare Industry. How is the course AT SIHM? Is it exhaustive like any other MBA program? How is it different from Masters in Hospital Administration in terms of course ware,placements etc

hii

i dnt think i can realy answr 'how the course is' cos its diffrnt to diffrnt person.for me its superb.
it is as exhaustive as any other general MBA course as far as the content etc r concerned.and we r studing all the general MBA subjects along with health care sector related courses.
a Master in Hospital Administration is concentrated on hospital sector only [ plz correct me if i am wrong.i hav not gone through those couse contents]. here we will b focusin nt only on hospital sector but also on other domains of healthcare sector like insurnce, pharma, IT etc.and our total course is designed like that includind industry trainning.so that can be taken as a huge difference.
im afraid i can not coment on placement cos we r the first batch, so we dnt hav any previous placement records.

have i anwrd ur quaries? plz let me kno. if u still have any quary,plz feel free to ask.

c ya

I want to know in detail about the MBA in hospital management .
What is the scope beyond this ?
Also which are the other institutes offering this course ?
what is the snap score required for this institute and the procedure after snap .
thanks in advance :

hi
could u pls let me know wat kind of preparation is required for the SNAP test.............books , coaching classes etc.... could u tell me wat is the snap score required to be selected.....
I want to know in detail about the MBA in hospital management .
What is the scope beyond this ?
Also which are the other institutes offering this course ?
what is the snap score required for this institute and the procedure after snap .
thanks in advance :

hii

scope: hospital, pharma, insurnce, IT and cnsultncy sectrs
there are som other institutes in jaipur,mumbai etc offering this course,but all r slightly diffrnt frm eachother.plz search in google ,ull get all the info.
about selection score,i cnt tel u anythin official bcos we dnt hav any acces to those infrmations.all i cn tel u what i observed.ther is no fixed cutoff for this course. i kno peopl who cudnt get through with 55+ marks in SNAP,i also kno peopl who gt through with 35+ marks.it depends on the other applicants who r applyin along with u.but SNAP score is fr geting a call mainly.the selection is mainly based on GD-PI, writn submisn n other factors also.so try hard for SNAP, score as much as possibl.ull get a call.then it completly depends on how u perform in the followin processes.my personal idea is...get a score of 25+ ull get a call.
procedur 4 last yr was: written submisn,GD n PI

hav i answewrd ur quaries? if u hav futher quaries,plz feel free to ask.

c ya
hi
could u pls let me know wat kind of preparation is required for the SNAP test.............books , coaching classes etc.... could u tell me wat is the snap score required to be selected.....

hii

for SNAP related coachin cntact various MBA coachin centrs lik TIME n Career Forum

fr SNAP score plz refr my previous score

c ya

Hi,
I'd like to know what sort of subjects this course deals with, which is not in the usual MBA. Would a B.Tech grad be totally out of place in this? I'm a Computer Science grad, but taking up an mba in health care sounds mighty interesting to me. But would i be a fish outta water? :)
Thnx in advance!

Hi,
I'd like to know what sort of subjects this course deals with, which is not in the usual MBA. Would a B.Tech grad be totally out of place in this? I'm a Computer Science grad, but taking up an mba in health care sounds mighty interesting to me. But would i be a fish outta water? :)
Thnx in advance!

apart frm general MBA sbject like ppm,hr,mrketin,finance etc we hav hospital planning n management,biostatistics,medico legal,epidemiology etc.
we hav B.Tech grad,bcoms,economics grad also.as a comp grad+mba u cn go for various companies other than som specified group of companies.IT has a big presence in healthcare sector,n the professnls who undrstand IT n healthcare both, r in great demand.but that demand can not b equal to general IT demands...isnt it?the general IT+MBA demand is more than healthcare mba. u wnt b a fish out of water,that i am sure.but its entirely ur call what way u wanna think.

hop it helps

c ya

does SIHS require both SNAP and SET???? SET is typically a symbi undergrad entrance exam but has been mentioned under the exams link for SIHS.
Could someone please clarify? 😃

does SIHS require both SNAP and SET???? SET is typically a symbi undergrad entrance exam but has been mentioned under the exams link for SIHS.
Could someone please clarify? :)

hii

SET is for bachelr courses.for MBA u hav to come through SNAP only

c ya
Hi,
Thnx in advance!

im givin the name of subjects that we hav ;
Comparative Health Systems,Community Health,Management of National Health Programmes ,Health Economics & Financing + wat iv posted in last scrap.+ som other subjects in 2nd yr

hop it wil hlp u to decid

c ya

Hi,

One of my friends is doing his MBBS from B J Medical College, Pune and has no mathematics background. What are his options for SNAP. Will he have to appear for the maths portion of the exam? Is there a special SNAP syllabus for medical grads?

Regards
Mayank

Hi,

One of my friends is doing his MBBS from B J Medical College, Pune and has no mathematics background. What are his options for SNAP. Will he have to appear for the maths portion of the exam? Is there a special SNAP syllabus for medical grads?

Regards
Mayank

hii

sory abt d delay. our intrnals r goin on,so...very bzy

ther is no separate/special syllabus for medical grads.its a common exam fr all.though ther r no official announcement fr sectional cutoff fr SIHS, it is always advisable to attempt all the sections.he doesnt hav to attempt equaly in all the sectns.attempt more wher he is strong.but attmpt all sections.

i think ur frnd has math till 10th level,lik percentage,time-work,basic geometry etc...right? tat will do. plz ask ur frnd to brush up tat basics from som snap coachin book of any coachin centr.its nt difficult at all.n my sugetn will be... do the math portion watevr he cn do.n then concentrate mainly on DI-REASNIN,Verbl-RC section to score maximum.

n i dint undrstand trhe questation "What r his option for SNAP".plz elaborate.

hav i answrd ur quaries? if nt plz ask me again.
c ya

hii
for detaild info abt MBA-HHC plz log in Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences

Hi,
i have done M.P.T.I AM INTERESTED IN DOING Hospital & Healthcare Management with correspondence.Please guide me from which universities i can do and which university is the best?

hi
i dont hav any proper idea about correspondence courses.im afraid im nt d best person to guide u in this.i hav som idea about full time course n tats wat tis thread is all about.but 1 thing i cn tell u...u cn never compare a correspondece course with a fulltime course,no matr whichever univrsity u do it from.

hi. i am interested in hospital management.i have the following questions:
1) i am an economics hons. student , graduationg in 2008. will this put me in a backfoot compared to MBBS or other bio science related graduates?
2) how about the placement in this course?
3) how much weightage is given to each of SNAP scores, GD/PI, and past acads?
do elaborate.thanks in advance

hi thanx a lot for starting this thread. im a pharmacy grad wit no work ex...i would like to know if there are any other pharma grads in d course at present?? and acc to ur previous post ur d first batch in dis coll?? so is d course recognised by d ugc and aicte??