Snap 2011 helpline by SIBM Pune

Hi All, The Aspirant Relations Team of SIBM Pune is starting the SNAP 2011 helpline thread.SNAP is about a couple of months from now and we understand test takers will have a lot of queries and doubts.This thread can also be used to discuss sā€¦

Hi All,

The Aspirant Relations Team of SIBM Pune is starting the SNAP 2011 helpline thread.SNAP is about a couple of months from now and we understand test takers will have a lot of queries and doubts.This thread can also be used to discuss strategies for SNAP.We, Aspirant Relations Team and the students of SIBM pune, will ensure all queries are adressed as well as share our insight on the SNAP exam.We also expect the thread to be interactive and contributions form aspirants will help in making this thread a valuable resource for SNAP 2011 preparation.

You could ask us anything pertaining to the SNAP exam.

What you CANNOT ask here...
-questions related to the registration , application or any other information that is not directly related to the exam itself(please direct such questions to relevant thread like http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/snap-2011-dates-out-25069446)
-questions about individual colleges(Please direct such questions on individual college threads)
All the best to everyone!

Cheers,
Aspirant Relations Team,
SIBM Pune

Hello sir... I m a SC category student. My doubt is, if i cleared the snap cut off, then will i have to compete for GD/PI with all the students or only with the SC category students???
Also, if i score more than the cutoff of SC category, then what r my chances to get through it than other SC candidates those having less marks than me in SNAP????

Hello sir... I m a SC category student. My doubt is, if i cleared the snap cut off, then will i have to compete for GD/PI with all the students or only with the SC category students???
Also, if i score more than the cutoff of SC category, then what r my chances to get through it than other SC candidates those having less marks than me in SNAP????

Hey,

As the process is quite confidential and handled by the college authorities, we wouldnt be able to tell you exactly about the category of students in your GD PI slot...but surely there will be legitimate consideration according to rules...
So donot worry just prepare well ...
The whole selection process depends on a number of attributes like
SNAP score
GD PI score
work ex
acads
extra curriculars etc....
So your chance is as good as anyone else...but for now prepare well for SNAP and GD PI's....
Happy Studying :)

Ankit Desai
Aspirant Relations Team
SIBM, Pune

HI THERE
i am faring miserably in my cat mocks..more maybe due to lack of a strategy and also less practice. i gave a mock snap n got around 66%le .. i desperately wanna get into sibm pune..speed is not one of my best friends but m ready to make it one... šŸ˜› english has been my strength but sumhow i have not been able to capitalize on it in my cat mocks , GK is sumthin i am ready to work on , as is required .
considering the above info. and the fact that more than 1 month is left for SNAP and that m through wid the basics..what shud my MO be ? i need to go from , a meagre 64 to around 110+ (i guess) to make it to SIBM PUNE ... i messed up my cat .. dont wanna repeat the same for SNAP.. :/

please please help me out puys !! šŸ˜ƒ

Hey,

Don't lose hopes,every person will be going through the same situation,so you should be confident and have to move on without thinking about your mock papers.Be thorough with your basics and give equal importance to every section.Solve previous year papers and try matching up with the timings,I am sure you must have understood the importance of time by now.Just chill out and enjoy your studies.I am sure you'll get through SIBM, Pune. I'll see you during the admission process.
Happy Studying :)
H.N.Prathap
Aspirant Relations Team
SIBM, Pune

Hi,
ive done b.com pass from delhi university through correspondence...and scored only 43% and ive done one year post graduate diploma in export management from imt ghaziabad through distance learning and scored 75% and i have about 5 years of work experiance... 1.5 years part time and 6 months full time with an mnc...and after that 3 years exp self employed trader...so am i eligible for snap...i mean will my pgdm and work ex be considered as i dnt make it with my graduation score...:-(

helo ,i had registered for snap thru internet banking mode.after completing this step do i need to send the application printout to symbiosis.nothin is mentioned related to this.so plss clarify

hey what is the placement in sibm for freshers?

Hi,
Please go through the following link
SIBM (Pune)

H.N.Prathap
Aspirant Relations Team
SIBM, Pune

Hi,
Please go through the following link
SIBM (Pune)

H.N.Prathap
Aspirant Relations Team
SIBM, Pune

so there is no need to send the printed application form to sibm pune after registering thru online payment mode.

hey, I want to do MBA from Symbiosis....... I want to do Major in Marketing and Minor in IT...... Which college will be best for me????? or which college will fullfill my need of specialization????

Hi All,

I have following queries:

1)While I was applying to SIBM-P,I was not able to make payment.When,I filled all the form details,I was not redirected to Make Payment tab.When I choose to make one,I was not moved out of the basic details form.Actually,It is asking me to enter another set of details in parents,experience details in my work ex,which I dont have.Pls,help.

2)I had appeared for SNAP 2009 & got a score of 79.2.Cause of concern is GK-3.5 only šŸ˜ž QA was a problem due to lack of time allotted to that section.
I think I can overcome the SNAP barrier this time but to get a SNAP score of 118+,I need to do farely well in GK.Pls help me how to improve upon GK? šŸ˜ž

Hello,
Can someone please tell me the topics to prepare under different section, in order of their importance?

1) To make payments, you can do it via the website- SNAP Test.
2) You need to break down each section of the SNAP structure individually. GK is important. Read up on current affairs as much as you can. Also, go through some of the previous year's papers. It'll help you to know what sort of questions come in the papers.

Best of luck!

To get into SIBM, you need to give the Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) test.
To know more and register for the SNAP, log onto SNAP Test.
The last date for registration is 23rd November, 2011.

Best of Luck!

You can know everything you need to on the SNAP website- SNAP Test.

Best of luck!

jd1234 Says
hey what is the placement in sibm for freshers?

Hey,
Please find out the complete placement information here
SIBM . Placements . Placement11

There is no separate placement data for freshers.
However you would be pleased to know that being a fresher is no hindrance in most companies and freshers bag enviable job offers too.
Hi All,

I have following queries:

1)While I was applying to SIBM-P,I was not able to make payment.When,I filled all the form details,I was not redirected to Make Payment tab.When I choose to make one,I was not moved out of the basic details form.Actually,It is asking me to enter another set of details in parents,experience details in my work ex,which I dont have.Pls,help.

2)I had appeared for SNAP 2009 & got a score of 79.2.Cause of concern is GK-3.5 only šŸ˜ž QA was a problem due to lack of time allotted to that section.
I think I can overcome the SNAP barrier this time but to get a SNAP score of 118+,I need to do farely well in GK.Pls help me how to improve upon GK? :-(

Hi
Request you to post the doubt regarding SIBM -P on the SIBM admissions query thread.

Gk will have two parts
1) General awareness
This will include topics from from different fields like politics, general science, economics, geography , history and so on.
Nothing that a graduate is not supposed to know given all the years devoted in education
So that's that what u know over all these years will definitely help u out.
however you may brush up your general awareness by going through basic facts , figures ,theories principles etc in the areas i have mentioned above.

2)Current affairs
Anything that is happening around you in India and outside
Economics and Business affairs are particularly important.
Any major event from 4 months prior to SNAP should be known to you..
you may read up on Economic times or any regular news paper(not a tabloid though)

So take care of these and you will find GK is a fun and scoring section.
Hello,
Can someone please tell me the topics to prepare under different section, in order of their importance?

Hi,
In an exam like SNAP where cutoffs are generally very high , one needs to do well in all sections.
The topics in all sections are pretty much the same as in any standard MBA entrance exam like CAT.
However please go through the previous years paper to find out the pattern and difficulty level of the questions.