SMU vs GISMA (full scholarship)

Hi, between SMU (Singapore) - Which is almost $63K tuition and GISMA (Germany with a degree from Purdue) and 100% tuition scholarship, what would you choose? I know there are many factors, including personal preferences etc., but keep…

Hi,

between SMU (Singapore) - Which is almost $63K tuition and GISMA (Germany with a degree from Purdue) and 100% tuition scholarship, what would you choose?

I know there are many factors, including personal preferences etc., but keeping that aside, would SMU's reputation and career prospects be worth $63K compared to a free MBA degree from Germany?

Also, how does SMU compare to INSEAD Singapore if one wants to work in Singapore? Especially, if you have a core engineering work experience of almost 5 years prior to MBA and you want to go into marketing/consulting?
@MBAgyan2012 Hmm...a difficult decision. You should decide where you want to work after your MBA.

Germany - German economy is doing well . You may even find a job....but language is a major issue. You have to learn German ,if you plan to stay in Germany for sometime.
-GISMA's tie up with Purdue should help a little...but again you need to check if a GISMA degree will be valued in India,if you plan to come back . I don't think GISMA carries that much weight .

Singapore - Good opportunities for MBAs,but expect more competition here. Language not an issue. SMU is a good school, but it's not in the same league as NTU,NUS or Insead.

Between SMU Singapore & Insead Singapore...Insead. Insead brand is valued the world over.