SMU COX 2010 aspirants

Hi all, I was not able to find any thread related to SMU COX 2010 aspirants so thought of starting a new thread exclusively for SMU COX 2010 aspirants. Requesting all the SMU COX applicants to post their progess in application process …

Hi all,

I was not able to find any thread related to SMU COX 2010 aspirants so thought of starting a new thread exclusively for SMU COX 2010 aspirants.

Requesting all the SMU COX applicants to post their progess in application process

Cheers,
Akshay

I got an interview call from SMU Cox. IV is on 18th with admissions director Patty Cudney.

Any1 else who got an iv call or has been interviewed already. Please post your experiences here.

Profile:

GMAT: 730
TOEFL: 115
Exp: 2.5 Yrs in IT (will be 3 by the time i join an mba pgm)....worked in my family business as well
Education: decent enough
Extra curr: decent
social act: decent

Any idea about non co-singer loans at Cox? Nothing is posted on the school site.

I got an interview call from SMU Cox. IV is on 18th with admissions director Patty Cudney.

Any1 else who got an iv call or has been interviewed already. Please post your experiences here.

Profile:

GMAT: 730
TOEFL: 115
Exp: 2.5 Yrs in IT (will be 3 by the time i join an mba pgm)....worked in my family business as well
Education: decent enough
Extra curr: decent
social act: decent

Hi ... When did u got your mail ? And is it Personal Interview or Telephonic?

I got it a week back. It is going to be a video interview via Skype

Okay . Thanks 😃 Best of luck for your Interview . Do post your experience 😃

Hi,

Even I got a call from SMU COX .... its going to be telephonic .. I need to reply back suggesting possible interview time

sunilchanchlani Says
Any idea about non co-singer loans at Cox? Nothing is posted on the school site.

Anyone has some info on this?

Any1 can post their interview experience please!!

Very standard interview:

Tell me about your professional experience
Why MBA
Why now
Why Cox
Leadership experience
Learning from leadership experience
What would you do if you don;t get the job in your specialization field
How would your friends describe you
Hobbies
Any questions for me

Hope this helps

Very standard interview:

Tell me about your professional experience
Why MBA
Why now
Why Cox
Leadership experience
Learning from leadership experience
What would you do if you don;t get the job in your specialization field
How would your friends describe you
Hobbies
Any questions for me

Hope this helps

He ...
I have never given any video interview ... just wanted to know what all precautions and care has to be taken for these interview ......
Was there any delay in audio and video signals ... How much time interview lasted ...???

just make sure that the lighting in the room is good. Your microphone is of good quality and the surrounding is quite. That's all, and yes its one way traffic. You won;t be able to see them but they will c u. i believe its better to have vdo then telephonic interview

Also, there was no delay that i faced....may be because i have high speed connection. iv lasted for 25 mins all

For the candidates who are interviewed: Any word from SMU till now

Hi,
Sorry for being inactive till now...Even I got a call from SMU and completed my interview in the 3rd week of NOV. The interview was ok and lasted for around 25 mins..

I am awaiting their response.

Do post your admit details if any of you get one. All the best :)

GMAT 710
B.E - 78.5%
1.5 yrs work ex with an MNC

Hi,

Done with my interview. Was bad.... fumbled a lot while interviewing .....I guess she wasn't very happy by the way I communicated and so she even asked few questions on improving communication skills.....
Overall went on 34 mins ...

Admission commitee will be meeting in next 2 weeks and then they would be e-mailing and mailing admitted students. People who are dinged would get only Mail from them and no e-mail.

I doubt whether I would get any e-mail 😞 .. Anyways lets see what happens ...

Cheers,
Akshay

I also finally have an i/v invite from cox. still to schedule it...

U will get an email...Dont worry...

Hi,
I doubt whether I would get any e-mail 😞 .. Anyways lets see what happens
Cheers,
Akshay

Finally got an interview invite from COX. Still to schedule.

@Aki - Can you pls share your interview questions

Thanks