SMU's Cox School of Business, Dallas MBA fall-09 Admits

Hi All, I have been admitted to the full time MBA starting fall-2009 @ Cox with $58,000 schol :: Started this thread for all puys who are on the same boat or are applying to this B-school. I will be happy to answer any queries you may h…

Hi All,

I have been admitted to the full time MBA starting fall-2009 @ Cox with $58,000 schol
Started this thread for all puys who are on the same boat or are applying to this B-school.
I will be happy to answer any queries you may have!

Regards,
Abhi

Congrats man!!

Whats your profile?when you had your intw?

Hi All,

I have been admitted to the full time MBA starting fall-2009 @ Cox with $58,000 schol
Started this thread for all puys who are on the same boat or are applying to this B-school.
I will be happy to answer any queries you may have!

Regards,
Abhi

Thanks buddy! I was interviewed on Dec 16th by the Admissions Director... and got the notification on Dec 21st.....

My profile:
GMAT: 710 (Q 50,V 35)
TOEFL: 106
WE: 2.5 yrs IT (SAP Consultant with top Indian IT firm, 7 mnths of operational experience as team lead)
Acads: BE (CSE) 72%, XII 77%
EC: Decent

Congrats Buddy! I submitted my app on Dec 2nd, I haven't heard back. When did u submit ur app?

Thanks buddy! I was interviewed on Dec 16th by the Admissions Director... and got the notification on Dec 21st.....

My profile:
GMAT: 710 (Q 50,V 35)
TOEFL: 106
WE: 2.5 yrs IT (SAP Consultant with top Indian IT firm, 7 mnths of operational experience as team lead)
Acads: BE (CSE) 72%, XII 77%

Hi Buddy,

I have an admit for fall-09 too.....have u contacted nyone who has attended the program...?? Just wanted to know if uve spoken to someone who knows how good the MBA program is...
Am still to make up my mind.....

Thanks

Congrats for ur admit!!! how much schol have u got,.. and whats ur profile?? Well I have one frn who is studying at cox... I have got good feedback about the program.. the plus points are the networking opportunity & the superb location....!!! where else you have applied????

Regards,
Abhi

Hi Buddy,

I have an admit for fall-09 too.....have u contacted nyone who has attended the program...?? Just wanted to know if uve spoken to someone who knows how good the MBA program is...
Am still to make up my mind.....

Thanks

Hi,
My profile:
GMAT: 720 (Q 50,V 3
TOEFL: 116
WE: 4.5 yrs IT
Acads: OK

Have applied to Carey and Queens...Got dinged at Carey..:-)
Have an admit from Queens....am thinking of applying to 1 or 2 more univs in round two.....
Donno nyone from Cox so far...
What abt u....where else have u applied?

Thanks

My journey so far:

Admitted: Cox with $58,000 scholarship
Dinged: Carey (screwed my intervie :sad:), Mays (without interview)
Interviewed: Olin and Kelley
Applied: ISB, Simon and Darden

How much schol have u got from Cox????

Regards,
Abhi

Hi,
My profile:
GMAT: 720 (Q 50,V 3
TOEFL: 116
WE: 4.5 yrs IT
Acads: OK

Have applied to Carey and Queens...Got dinged at Carey..:-)
Have an admit from Queens....am thinking of applying to 1 or 2 more univs in round two.....
Donno nyone from Cox so far...
What abt u....where else have u applied?

Thanks

Hi,

I have the same schol as urs (58K)...did u get the hard copy of ur admittance letter btw....theyve sent it by ordinary post....am still awaiting it....ny clue abt the deadline of acceptance?
nyways I guess we'd have to make up our minds by jan end latest....
let me know if ur planning to accept it cos most probably I'd go with cox...

Thanks

My journey so far:

Admitted: Cox with $58,000 scholarship
Dinged: Carey (screwed my intervie :sad:), Mays (without interview)
Interviewed: Olin and Kelley
Applied: ISB, Simon and Darden

How much schol have u got from Cox????

Regards,
Abhi

I am also waiting for the hard copy of admittance letter.... No idea about the deadline of acceptance.. i also think it will be Jan end... Good to know that u r planning to join Cox as it is the same with me...... Most probably I'll be joining Cox!!!

Regards,
Abhinandan

Hi,

I have the same schol as urs (58K)...did u get the hard copy of ur admittance letter btw....theyve sent it by ordinary post....am still awaiting it....ny clue abt the deadline of acceptance?
nyways I guess we'd have to make up our minds by jan end latest....
let me know if ur planning to accept it cos most probably I'd go with cox...

Thanks

Hello frns,

I got the hard copy of the admission letter today. Was relieved to see that the last day of confirming the seat is march 10th.

Regards,
Abhi

hi friends,
Wish to apply to SMU Cox by second deadline
Profile:
GMAT:640
toefl:106
Profile:2 years ICICI Bank,1.2years consultancy
BE:61.93%
XII:63%
EC:Ok

Tell me what are my chances

Hello Arpit,

Sorry for replying late! You have a non-IT background plus your GMAT score is the average at Cox.. I think you should apply to Cox... present your application highlighting your achievements and strengths..

All the best!!

Regards,
Abhi

hi friends,
Wish to apply to SMU Cox by second deadline
Profile:
GMAT:640
toefl:106
Profile:2 years ICICI Bank,1.2years consultancy
BE:61.93%
XII:63%
EC:Ok

Tell me what are my chances

Guys,

Has anyone got an admit/reject or heard from Cox in Jan 2009? If so, please post your profiles and scholarships (if any)

No reply to my application.
I have submitted on the 13th of Jan.

Has any of the Cox R2 applicant got an interview call for Delhi MBA Tour event

Is there no R2 Cox applicant

bhavesh1981 Says

Hey Bhavesh

I submitted my application on Jan 15th and done with my interview on Feb 9th 2009. As of now, awaiting the result from them...

How about you ?

Cheers
KKC