Smith(Maryland) 2007 Interviews and Beyond

Hi, I applied to Smith in September. Had my interview on 13 Nov. It was telephonic interview with a adcom. The adcom was very friendly and trying to get the best of me. Did anyone else get interviewed?

Hi,
I applied to Smith in September. Had my interview on 13 Nov. It was telephonic interview with a adcom. The adcom was very friendly and trying to get the best of me.
Did anyone else get interviewed?

Dude/Dudette,

More info on the college as well as the interview experience would be much appreciated.
Same goes for the other thread as well.

Hi,
First my profile.
GMAT 710
IT- 4yrs
COmp Science from REc, Trichy
Good Extra Curr
My interview was taken by an adcom member. It was a telephonic interview.
She thanked me for applying to Smith and then straight to the point
1. Why Mba?
2. Why Smith?
3. What is the biggest challenge you have faced in ur personal or professional life?
4. What is the biggest achievment?
5. Why consulting?
6. How have I contributed to my community?
7. What does success mean to me?
It was a good interview, she was happy with my responses and said that she might be calling up sometime later again.
And now waiting for the results 😃

Hi,
First my profile.
GMAT 710
IT- 4yrs
COmp Science from REc, Trichy
Good Extra Curr
My interview was taken by an adcom member. It was a telephonic interview.
She thanked me for applying to Smith and then straight to the point
Snip> :)

Thanks man!!

Any chance we'll get to see some of your answers as well???

All the usual answers to all of them.
I am working as a designer and Business Analyst in my company. So the achievement was the youngest business analyst in my company.Was able to justify the consulting and why mba better because of this.
Have been working in NGO's since my school days. Leading the community relations for my company.

My suggestions are.. keep the answers ready for why mba and why smith? I am not sure if they read the essays before the interview because if they did they would not have asked me about community relations. I had written a lot abt it in my essays. There was no need to ask this in the interview.

Good luck to everyone.

All the usual answers to all of them.
I am working as a designer and Business Analyst in my company. So the achievement was the youngest business analyst in my company.Was able to justify the consulting and why mba better because of this.
Have been working in NGO's since my school days. Leading the community relations for my company.

My suggestions are.. keep the answers ready for why mba and why smith? I am not sure if they read the essays before the interview because if they did they would not have asked me about community relations. I had written a lot abt it in my essays. There was no need to ask this in the interview.

Good luck to everyone.

Should your biggest achievement be an instance where u performed or a position that you got ?

Achievement can be anything. a position or how u performed.. Most important is that it should be an achievement and look like one.

Hi Guys,
There is this letter which came to me from Internation Education Services of Univ of Maryland asking for financial proof docs before which my application will not be evaluated. It is dated nov 10.
Now I do not understand this.
1. I have already been interviewd which must have been after the evaluation I guess. This was on Nov 13
2. I already submitted these docs when i send the application packet.
Also, Amy Owens told me that they dont need anything else from me long back.

Then what is this. SHould I send them again.. :neutral:

Hi Leo,

Just call them up and speak to them. It should solve the problem and the confusion.

Thanks CATullus

Thats what I am planning to do. I have dropped them a mail also. :neutral:

Hi,
I applied to Smith in September. Had my interview on 13 Nov. It was telephonic interview with a adcom. The adcom was very friendly and trying to get the best of me.
Did anyone else get interviewed?

thnxx for the thread leo...

hav applied to smith as well.....for the dec 15th deadline..

any idea..when shud i expect the interview call. ....if any...??
If u cud mention something else regarding ur experience with Smith, ill be really grateful.
N which all schools hav u applied to ??

cheers
vishudada

@vishudada
You should be hearing from them soon. May be by the end of this month.
Actually I came to know from Adcom that they will be rolling out the results for the first deadline by JAn15. SO it is possible that they might be busy with the results of R1.
I suggest waiting for 3-4 weeks after your applicatin and if you dont hear from them, then drop a mail to Amy Owens.

I have applied to Purdue, Rotman, ISB and Maryland, Kelly
Cheers,
Mleo

@Mleo

actually I cudn't gt a clearer picture on the interview process. Do they call everybody for the interview ??

Who took ur interview and was the person aware of ur complete application details ??

And cud u post a gist of ur profile, that'll be really helpful.

cheers
vishudada

my profile is in the starting of this thread.
According to the website they do not call everyone for the interview.
Interviews are by invitation only

ohh....missed that one...

seems, u had a nice time being interviewed...
anywayss..now that my application has reached and received there, I am waiting for the status to get updated with my fingers crossed..

all said n done, what were ur reasons for selecting Smith as a prospective school ?

vishudada

my profile is in the starting of this thread.
According to the website they do not call everyone for the interview.
Interviews are by invitation only

@ Mleo...

i just got an interview invite from maryland...
have got myself in a bit of a predicament...
is it normal for them to extend me an invitation in 1 day of receiving the application ??

anywayss...will be scheduling the telephonic one..coz i cant go to the school for on-campus ...
any tips ??

cheers
vishudada

Yellows!

I just finished my interview with Smith. It was quite alright.

I was really anxious cos they called 2 hours late. The lady who called was really nice and amicable. I was asked the following questions:
1. Why smith?
2. Why MBA?
3. Why Marketing?
4. Which other colleges?
5. Long term and short term goals and do u want to return to India immediately after MBA?
and some other questions specific to my essays

The whole thing lasted about 20 minutes....she had to run for a meeting. It was really comfortable. Now the wait begins..... ??:
:neutral:
Hate this part... :D

He he he he....anywho...has anyone heard about admits? Anyone here got an admit?

Yellows!

I was really anxious cos they called 2 hours late. The lady who called was really nice and amicable. I was asked the following questions:
1. Why smith?
2. Why MBA?
3. Why Marketing?
4. Which other colleges?
5. Long term and short term goals and do u want to return to India immediately after MBA?
6. Why are you so keen on Nike why not adidas/reebok (this was based on my goals essay)
7. How do you handle conflict at the work place?
8. do you have any questions for me?

The whole thing lasted about 20 minutes....she had to run for a meeting. It was really comfortable. Now the wait begins..... ??:
:neutral:
Hate this part... :D

He he he he....anywho...has anyone heard about admits? Anyone here got an admit?

Hey Nayona, sounds like a super interview. Could you please put up yer profile?
Yellows!

ohh man....

if u r based out of India..that means ur interview was late in the night ...

am i right ???
did that make any difference ??