SJMSOM,IITB 2006 Admissions

Hi all, All the queries related to SJMSOM for 2006 admissions should be posted here. They will be answered by SJMSOM seniors. We will be posting our GD/PI Experiences here very soon. Please do not post queries regarding other IIT DOMS here. Hope t…

Hi all, All the queries related to SJMSOM for 2006 admissions should be posted here. They will be answered by SJMSOM seniors. We will be posting our GD/PI Experiences here very soon. Please do not post queries regarding other IIT DOMS here. Hope to see a high level of enthu amongst aspirants.

Phooka Says
Hi all, All the queries related to SJMSOM for 2006 admissions should be posted here. They will be answered by SJMSOM seniors. We will be posting our GD/PI Experiences here very soon. Please do not post queries regarding other IIT DOMS here. Hope to see a high level of enthu amongst aspirants.

Hi let me inaugurate this thread with my query( queries )

first up what sort of criteria does SJMSOM apply because i have heard that it requires a 60% in each semester of engg. is that true or is it just a 60 % aggregat..if it is the former, can a disastrous first year result be salvaged by university ranks in the last three years of my engineering or what???...

My score in JMET was 82-84 ish...but only attempted 4 qs in quant got 3 right leaving me with 2.75 in quant is that a problem?..

hey
i would like to know what are the parameters thety look for in an interview!!
I have a score of 75+ in jmet and work ex of 18 months as of december and shud hav 22 months and i am not in one of those it biggies am rather in a mid cap but really growing company!!
also what are the odds of getting a call??

Hi let me inaugurate this thread with my query( queries )

first up what sort of criteria does SJMSOM apply because i have heard that it requires a 60% in each semester of engg. is that true or is it just a 60 % aggregat..if it is the former, can a disastrous first year result be salvaged by university ranks in the last three years of my engineering or what???...

My score in JMET was 82-84 ish...but only attempted 4 qs in quant got 3 right leaving me with 2.75 in quant is that a problem?..

Your Quant score should not be an issue. AFAIK they look for a non-negative score in quant.
And for 60 %, what is written on your degree certificate is what matters. If its written as first class then its fine. It wont matter if its aggragate or just final year .
hey
i would like to know what are the parameters thety look for in an interview!!
I have a score of 75+ in jmet and work ex of 18 months as of december and shud hav 22 months and i am not in one of those it biggies am rather in a mid cap but really growing company!!
also what are the odds of getting a call??

I guess you have a good chance of getting a call 😃

Hi Phooka, really appreciate your effort to help all of us out here...

I am getting a score of 72.25 in JMET, both according to TIME and IMS (i didn't attempt the controversial analogies :d), what is my chance of getting a call from SJMSOM??? Also, i have around 6 months experiece in Software industry? Does such a little experience counts in any way? :)

As far as acads go, i have:

X : 91.4%
XII : 87%
Engg. : 8.78/10

hey phooka..
nice to see a new thread for iitb..i really dunno whether i shud be posting here though with my relatively low score in jmet 2006..i am getting a 67 total and am a fresher though with decent academics
(X-82
XII-85
engg aggregate upto 6th sem-70%)
do i stand a remote chance of getting thru?! coz frm what i am seeing regarding the epected cut offs by all institutes,no one has pegged a cut off higher thn 67..with some saying a 65 wud do.
plzz comment. thank you
nikhil

have a query which mit sound stupid bt gurus out dere plzz ans.

I have no idea how 2 go abt preparing 4 a gd/pi.
Have no plans to join a coaching institute 4 d same till d results r out.
Wld reading a newspaper(Hindu) be sufficient to brush up d current affairs ??
IIT-B generally conducts case studies(4m wat i cld gather after reading d posts).How shld i go abt preparing 4 dem(I knoe its too early bt still d better d sooner)?
Ne other effort dat i need to put in???

Rgrds n Tanx

Hi Phooka, really appreciate your effort to help all of us out here...

I am getting a score of 72.25 in JMET, both according to TIME and IMS (i didn't attempt the controversial analogies :d), what is my chance of getting a call from SJMSOM??? Also, i have around 6 months experiece in Software industry? Does such a little experience counts in any way? :)

As far as acads go, i have:

X : 91.4%
XII : 87%
Engg. : 8.78/10

Dude, you have a real good chance of getting a call. Just keep your fingers crossed 😃
hey phooka..
nice to see a new thread for iitb..i really dunno whether i shud be posting here though with my relatively low score in jmet 2006..i am getting a 67 total and am a fresher though with decent academics
(X-82
XII-85
engg aggregate upto 6th sem-70%)
do i stand a remote chance of getting thru?! coz frm what i am seeing regarding the epected cut offs by all institutes,no one has pegged a cut off higher thn 67..with some saying a 65 wud do.
plzz comment. thank you
nikhil

67 is a decent enough score. Just chillax, and wait for the results!
have a query which mit sound stupid bt gurus out dere plzz ans.

I have no idea how 2 go abt preparing 4 a gd/pi.
Have no plans to join a coaching institute 4 d same till d results r out.
Wld reading a newspaper(Hindu) be sufficient to brush up d current affairs ??
IIT-B generally conducts case studies(4m wat i cld gather after reading d posts).How shld i go abt preparing 4 dem(I knoe its too early bt still d better d sooner)?
Ne other effort dat i need to put in???

Rgrds n Tanx

To prepare for GD/PIs, its good to be in touch with current affairs by reading editorials. But, I will suggest you to don't restrict only to Hindu. Read other newspapers as well. This way, you will get a wider perspective.

Do brush up with your statistics books as well. They do ask a lot of questions related to stats in PIs.

All the best!
Manpreet Says
Dude, you have a real good chance of getting a call. Just keep your fingers crossed :)

Hey Manpreet, thanx for a prompt reply, its really great to see many of the seniors enthusiastically answering our queries...

PS : One of my collegemates, Vikas Iyer, is there wid u guys in IITB...he hasn't got an opportunity to share his [email protected] there is another thread for that, can u gimme the link? 😃

hi i belong to the sc-quota

getting a score of 66

x-57%

xii-61%

btech(comp sc)-64%

do i stand a chance of getting a call????

Hey Manpreet, thanx for a prompt reply, its really great to see many of the seniors enthusiastically answering our queries...

PS : One of my collegemates, Vikas Iyer, is there wid u guys in IITB...he hasn't got an opportunity to share his [email protected] there is another thread for that, can u gimme the link? :)

Well well , Dear old Vikasi is your senior. He has gone back to his home for holidays. But i'll sure convey your msg to him 😃
hi i belong to the sc-quota

getting a score of 66

x-57%

xii-61%

btech(comp sc)-64%

do i stand a chance of getting a call????

i think u shud get a call .

Hi!
I m getting 67-70 in Jmet, and I have 17 months work ex as on dec 31st.
Can I xpect a call from IITB (SJMSOM) ?

Phooka Says
Well well , Dear old Vikasi is your senior. He has gone back to his home for holidays. But i'll sure convey your msg to him :)

I know, i just said he graduated together wid me from my college...and hey, he is back at IIT!!! What r u guys doing? dont keep a watch at ur batchmates ehhh 😉
crack_d_cat Says
I know, i just said he graduated together wid me from my college...and hey, he is back at IIT!!! What r u guys doing? dont keep a watch at ur batchmates ehhh ;)

Hmm, he came back to IIT, stayed for 2 days and now has gone back again. 😃

My profile:
X-95%
XII-84%
B.Tech in Dairy Technology - 79%
Currently doing masters.

No work experience.
JMET score of 72.

Firstly what r my chances?
2ndly, coz I am not from a core engg or tech area will that b a problem? Hav u heard of any Dairy or food technologists in SJSOM?
Never gave so much focus on the Dairy Engg part.... if I do manage a call in any of the IITs do I hav to seriously consider studying the engg part?

Phooka or any IIT senior plz help!
Thank you.

Take care.