SJMSOM-IIT Bombay 2006 GD/PI calls,discussion

Guys the GD/PI calls are out! http://www.som.iitb.ac.in/result/result.htm I’m through Rank: 145 %ile: 99.12 WorkEx: 2.5 Years ATB to everyone.:grab:

Guys the GD/PI calls are out!

http://www.som.iitb.ac.in/result/result.htm

I'm through

%ile: 99.12
WorkEx: 2.5 Years

ATB to everyone.:grab:

Hi

mee too got a call
rank 307

but cd not understand the date procedure
how do we tell them our preference
throw light

Me thru with rank of 133

But the idea of giving the date of interviews sucks big time man!!!

They cud have allocated the dates.. It has been 10 days since they received the letters n in my view, it doesnt take much to allot the slots...

No call for me at 384 :neutral:

Me thru with rank of 133

They cud have allocated the dates.. It has been 10 days since they received the letters n in my view, it doesnt take much to allot the slots...

Everything has a reason pal ! Just chill and prep for your GD / PI . Congrats for getting the call
Any idea what was the cutoff rank this year and was work ex given any weightage in giving calls or was it purely rank based?
Any way after IIT D raised the bar from 512 to 449 this year, had very lil hopes at a rank of 384 but thought with 2.5 years of work ex might scrape through.
Anyway no regrets. All the best to people with ranks

as matter of interest,, my frnd is in category.. ST to be precise..
can nyone gimme an idea as to till which rank were people called in that category..
thnkx in advance..
cheerssss

me got call 4 air 213..
seniors, eagerly awaiting ur inputs for the next round..

i'm an working in SW industry for past 2 yrs.. with BE in Electrical and Electronics
how much of EE wud i be grilled during the interview...
and what r the indicative qns reg the workex..

any specific dress code for the gd/pi

and last.. how abt the accomodation facilities during the process..

i guess some of these were answered in the previous threads but it wud be very useful if they r mentioned here..

thanks in advance..

looks like just my day today...after a real dry season today got a call from xl too...anyways my rank is 346 with no work-ex!! guess im the last rank to be called ??: ..dont know what are my chances?? still ...will give it my best shot!!!
all the best to all

Got a call with rank 257
no work ex
really happy after that confusious depressing XLRI call (actually no call)

Felu

MY FIRST CALL EVER....

YAHOO.......

WORKEX: 000
%'le : 99.74.

Hope to meet PHOOKS,TDB,MANPREET,ARGENTUM & THE GANG SOON...

Me thru with rank of 133

Hi,

Just have patience dear. Lots of work go into the allocation of dates part - it's not just one man's work, so it does take time.

Cases do arise where we have to resend application forms .. because of missing photographs, missing signatures etc. So have patience dear friend, and prepare well for GD/PI. The alloted dates would come out in a day or two.

As regarding reservations part - people who have been shortlisted for GD/PI but have the feeling that they are not getting much time for booking tickets : come on friends, you need to act smart, for ur going to be the future managers !! you can always make 2-3 bookings on the relevant dates, say and cancel the invalid ones. This is just one suggestion.

Neways, all the best to all selected candidates.

Phooka N Manpreet ....

Can u pls tell the reason for IITB not giving dates ....
These ppl shud consider the fact that aspirants from all over india hav to come to bombay.. just a little bit of planning wud hav given us so much to cheer about...

We need to book air tickets, apply for leaves in our office, .... blah blah...

I knew I wud get a call at 133 .... I was luking fwd to the GD/PI call list just for the sake of dates...

WEN will v get to know the exact dates ???

GOt a call from IIT Bombay

My friend also got a call
His rank is 344

If that helps some of you people.....last rank I heard was 360....getting a call from SOM

me thru too yeah feels great

Rank =363
exp ===> 1.5 years .

Got a call.....Only call of the yr.....

Work Experience :: 18 months....IT Industry

Avg academic record.....

I have never attended any MBA entrance GD/PI

Puys...Plzzz help me out.....

First of all, congrats to all call-getters. And, wish you all the best for the next hurdle.

And, please don't worry about the call dates. They will be out very soon. GD/PIs will most probably take place from 25th Feb (Sat) to 28th Feb (Tues) at SJMSOM itself.

Was waiting for the dates. Guess I'll have to wait a few more days. I really dont understand whats so tough in assigning dates.

hi..,
got a call from SJSOM... they ve given prospective dates.. will the coll decide or do we have to send our preference..? pl enlighten ... if anyone s from bbmbay pl check up by phine and let knwo..
thanks