SJMSOM,IIT B - GD/PI 2011 (Queries and clarifications)

Puys, Results for GDPI for batch of 2011-13 is out http://www.som.iitb.ac.in/GDPI_2011/ Congratulations to all call getters!!! This thread has been created for answering queries regarding the GD/PI process at SJMSOM,IIT B for admi…

Puys,

Results for GDPI for batch of 2011-13 is out
http://www.som.iitb.ac.in/GDPI_2011/

Congratulations to all call getters!!!

This thread has been created for answering queries regarding the GD/PI process at SJMSOM,IIT B for admissions to the batch of 2011 - 13.

We at ADCOM 2011 would try to answer your queries to the best of our abilities.

Some threads that might help fellow puys
2010-12
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...-2009-a-4.html (SJMSOM GP/PI Experience 2009)

2008-10
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2008-10 GD/PI Experiences (SJMSOM,IIT Bombay 2008-10 GD/PI Exp) (SJMSOM,IIT Bombay 2008-10 GD/PI Exp)
2007-09
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2007-09 GD/PI Prep (SJMSOM GD PI prep For 2007-09 Batch....) (SJMSOM GD PI prep For 2007-09 Batch....)
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2007-09 GD/PI Experiences (SJMSOM 2007-09 GD/PI Experiences) (SJMSOM 2007-09 GD/PI Experiences)
2005-07 (pretty old thread. Nevertheless, it will be helpful)
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2005-07 GD/PI Experiences (IIT-B (Sjmsom) GD/PI Experiences(2005-07)) (IIT-B (Sjmsom) GD/PI Experiences(2005-07))

Hi,
I heard that IIT-B has CASE-STUDY in GD.
please tell us how to prepare for case-studies as it is different from general topic GD.
About interview,
Do they ask question on Financial Terms?
If yes, please give some must know financial term.:cheerio:

Hi
I have got a call.
It is mentioned that we have to carry our original degree certificate and all the original mark sheets of degree years. I am currently pursuing my B.tech...and I do not posses the certificate as well as original mark sheets of all the years.
(I am from COEP and we haven't yet been given the mark sheets of any of the years...not even 1st and 2nd yr.)
So what should I do?

Hi Siva,

At the outset I would like thank you for starting this thread. I have following 2 questions please answer them.

1. In the list of required document 'Experience certificate from employer' is mentioned. Personally I do not want my office to know about my MBA plans and so would not like to ask the office to give experience certificate. In this case is there any alternative. I mean payslip, Identity Card etc.

2. I read somewhere that sometimes IIT B opts for higher math / quant test during GD/PI process. Is it true? And if yes please guide me for the topics to refresh.

Regards,
Abhishek

Got a call ... was expecting at AIR 52 😃

I have a couple questions :
1.How much weightage does they give to the JMET score and other processes while considering for the final
admission.??
2.Approx how many people have they shortlisted for gd pi,in what ratio(no. of seats:call getters)?
3.Approx what proportion of the batch is fresher?

Hi,
I heard that IIT-B has CASE-STUDY in GD.
please tell us how to prepare for case-studies as it is different from general topic GD.
About interview,
Do they ask question on Financial Terms?
If yes, please give some must know financial term.:cheerio:

All call getters will be allocated a buddy and they will assist you for the same.

Hi
I have got a call.
It is mentioned that we have to carry our original degree certificate and all the original mark sheets of degree years. I am currently pursuing my B.tech...and I do not posses the certificate as well as original mark sheets of all the years.
(I am from COEP and we haven't yet been given the mark sheets of any of the years...not even 1st and 2nd yr.)
So what should I do?

Get the original mark sheets or get a request letter from head of your college mentioning the semester wise details of all the years.

Hi Siva,

At the outset I would like thank you for starting this thread. I have following 2 questions please answer them.

1. In the list of required document 'Experience certificate from employer' is mentioned. Personally I do not want my office to know about my MBA plans and so would not like to ask the office to give experience certificate. In this case is there any alternative. I mean payslip, Identity Card etc.

2. I read somewhere that sometimes IIT B opts for higher math / quant test during GD/PI process. Is it true? And if yes please guide me for the topics to refresh.

Regards,
Abhishek

1. Get joining letter and last pay slip.
2. There are no tests conducted other than GD-PI.

I have a couple questions :
1.How much weightage does they give to the JMET score and other processes while considering for the final
admission.??
2.Approx how many people have they shortlisted for gd pi,in what ratio(no. of seats:call getters)?
3.Approx what proportion of the batch is fresher?

1.Exact weightage varies from year - year and it cannot be disclosed
2.Appoximately around 1:6
3.Approx 30 % have work ex

I got shortlisted for gdpi....:cheerio:

do they have case study???

I have been shortlisted for IIT B's GD/PI process..
How much weightage is given for work-ex ?

Is there any criteria that IIT Bombay can remove out from shortlist before GD PI.....
It showed me shortlisted and now it is showing.....you are not shortlisted....!

I had initially selected 26th of March afternoon slot.

But just got the schedule of Chris Pfeiffer...he's in Delhi on the 26th
So I found the afternoon slot of the 25th empty and took it...

A very useful feature, this candidate-defined GP/PI date.

Hi seniors..can u pls. tell that what weightage JMET and GD and PI was given last year or year before that so that we can have atleast some rough idea , as I read that for this year it can not be disclosed.

hurrah Says
Hi seniors..can u pls. tell that what weightage JMET and GD and PI was given last year or year before that so that we can have atleast some rough idea , as I read that for this year it can not be disclosed.

Even we don't have any idea about last years weightage as Faculty will never disclose it.Considerable weightage will be given to JMET score but as scores differ by 2-3 marks it doesn't make much impact on the final score.

We suggest you that as only GD-PI are remaining, please concentrate on those.

Hi!
I haven't received my original JMET Score Card. Will the print out of the score card do?
If not, what is the way out?
Thanks.

Hi!
I haven't received my original JMET Score Card. Will the print out of the score card do?
If not, what is the way out?
Thanks.

You can get the printout of the scorecard but it should be attested by a gazetted officer.

How far is the IIT campus from MUMBAI CENTRAL RAILWAY station...? Will I get a direct auto or taxi to IIT Bombay from MUMBAI CENTRAL railway station??If yes,please tell me a rough idea about how much dey might charge me....

helloneil Says
How far is the IIT campus from MUMBAI CENTRAL RAILWAY station...? Will I get a direct auto or taxi to IIT Bombay from MUMBAI CENTRAL railway station??If yes,please tell me a rough idea about how much dey might charge me....

Check out these links for the info bro..

How to reach IIT Bombay
http://www.iitb.ac.in/campus/howto/howtoget.html
REACHING IIT BOMBAY

is it necessary to get the photocopies attested?