SJMSOM GD/PI List Out: Discussion and Queries

Hey all, Results for GDPI for batch of 2009-11 is out Results: Admission to MoM Programme 2009 - 11 SJMSOM,IIT Bombay Congratulations to all call getters!!! Please use this thread for all the discussions pertaining to GDPI prepara…

Hey all,
Results for GDPI for batch of 2009-11 is out
Results: Admission to MoM Programme 2009 - 11 SJMSOM,IIT Bombay

Congratulations to all call getters!!!

Please use this thread for all the discussions pertaining to GDPI
preparations and feel free to shoot any queries to the seniors regarding the process.

All the best!!!
Amit
SJMSOM Class of 2010

I will take the privilege of kick-starting the proceedings ;)

Some threads that might help fellow puys :)

2008-10
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2008-10 GD/PI Experiences
2007-09
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2007-09 GD/PI Prep
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2007-09 GD/PI Experiences
2005-07 (pretty old thread. Nevertheless, it will be helpful) :)
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2005-07 GD/PI Experiences

All the best Puys

Hi Seniors,

It would be great if you could pls confirm if the GD/PI's for the candidates would get over in the mentioned slot time itself. Is there any chance of it stretching longer?? Would it be possible to catch a 9 P.M train (from Mumbai Central) after an afternoon slot for GD-PI or would it be getting too close??

Also if we are making a request for a change in the GD-PI slot then would we be told about the confirmation in change in a short time period or would it take some time (like the last day of 23rd)

Thanks in advance.

A good news and a worry for me..... !!

good news is that i'v been shortlisted for gd/pi process at sjmsom.
and the worry is/are the dates for my calls

28th--IIT-D in Delhi
5th---NMIMS in Mumbai
8th---XIMB in Delhi
8th---SJMSOM in mumbai...........

can anybody plzzz help... cant miss any... and obviously cant b present in mumbai and delhi at the same time....

28th--IIT-D in Delhi
5th---NMIMS in Mumbai
8th---XIMB in Delhi

can anybody plzzz help... cant miss any... and obviously cant b present in mumbai and delhi at the same time....

If I were you, I would've requested for a change in my XIMB slot (putting it 1 day, if not 2 days, after IITB)... In case it is not possible, I would skip XIMB... 😁 I know that's painful, but, we have to make a choice, right? :)

All the best to you.. Hope you come up with a more convenient choice 😃

one solution can be to shift the sjmsom gd/pi to 6th morning... in that case i can catch a train on 6th evng... and might reach delhi b4 8th morning..

SJMSOM seniors... plz help.. !!

is the above solution viable.. or u've smthng btr for me ???

another solution: i think it wud be best if my XIMB gd/pi can be shifted to mumbai on any non-clashing date... !! is it possible??

i know its not the right thread for that... 😃

I have my GD/PI on 7th March at 7:30 AM.

Problem:
IIMA - 6th March, at Delhi (8:45 AM).
IIML - 8th March, at Delhi (2:00 PM)
IIMC - 10th March, at Delhi (2:00 PM)

Seniors, is there any way out? Is the process strictly over by 9th March?

An MoM to cost Rs 8+ lacs...now that is among the highest fee takers in India for the course....Hope other IITs dont increase their fees....anyways I am not shortlisted....congrats to all who got selected....

The fees is more than tripled in a single go.... IIT s having so much funding from the gov still so much of fees will definitely be a cause of worry for aspirants (specifically from not so sound background) and 1Lakh per semester as Other Fees which includes library computational etc. i mean 4 lakhs for four semester common man thats too much.... this is quite big money man thought IITs always had the cost advantage but not any more.............. :(

Just hoping other IITs dont follow suit .......

Hi Seniors,

It would be great if you could pls confirm if the GD/PI's for the candidates would get over in the mentioned slot time itself. Is there any chance of it stretching longer?? Would it be possible to catch a 9 P.M train (from Mumbai Central) after an afternoon slot for GD-PI or would it be getting too close??

Also if we are making a request for a change in the GD-PI slot then would we be told about the confirmation in change in a short time period or would it take some time (like the last day of 23rd)

Thanks in advance.

In all probability the GD/PI will be over in the time mentioned..It is possible to catch a 9 P.M train form Mumbai Central..But you might have to run a bit

28th--IIT-D in Delhi
5th---NMIMS in Mumbai
8th---XIMB in Delhi

If it is unavoidable you can sent a mail to admissions e-mail id requesting for a change of slots..I guess 6th should be fine for you??
I have my GD/PI on 7th March at 7:30 AM.

Problem:
IIMA - 6th March, at Delhi (8:45 AM).
IIML - 8th March, at Delhi (2:00 PM)
IIMC - 10th March, at Delhi (2:00 PM)

Seniors, is there any way out? Is the process strictly over by 9th March?

Tough call...
Yes the process will be over by 9th..

Regards

Seniors, can you tell us the procedure for change in interview dates ..i have my slotted on 9th march 7:30 am and have my deployment on that date in office (my manager wont release me) , can it be shifted on 8th any slot morning or afternoon? pls help

The fees is more than tripled in a single go.... IIT s having so much funding from the gov still so much of fees will definitely be a cause of worry for aspirants (specifically from not so sound background) and 1Lakh per semester as Other Fees which includes library computational etc. i mean 4 lakhs for four semester common man thats too much.... this is quite big money man thought IITs always had the cost advantage but not any more.............. :(

Just hoping other IITs dont follow suit .......

This is very very unfortunate!!
Making the fees 3 times in a government institution in one go.
This is a major upset and would put a lot of constraints.....
This news has killed my enthu for preparing for GD/PI.....
Can anything be done in this regard...???
How can they just increase the fees without even mentioning any information on increasing the scholarships etc

Can you also tell that for work experience certificate can we show our latest salary slip along with the appointment letter?

sumit2goody Says
Seniors, can you tell us the procedure for change in interview dates ..i have my slotted on 9th march 7:30 am and have my deployment on that date in office (my manager wont release me) , can it be shifted on 8th any slot morning or afternoon? pls help

sumit2goody Says
Can you also tell that for work experience certificate can we show our latest salary slip along with the appointment letter?

Hi..
Sent a mail to admissionssomiitbacin mentioning your JMET no and new slot in the subject line..

You can show appointment letter first and last salary slip..

Regards
This is very very unfortunate!!
Making the fees 3 times in a government institution in one go.
This is a major upset and would put a lot of constraints.....
This news has killed my enthu for preparing for GD/PI.....
Can anything be done in this regard...???
How can they just increase the fees without even mentioning any information on increasing the scholarships etc

I read somewhere that increase in fees can not be more than 40 % in one go....does anyone know about this? Is it a law or just rule of some university/college?
Moreover why are SC/ST students exempted from tuition fees????
Fee structure has always remained same for all students.
I dont know i would make it or not but my enthusiasm is definitely killed.
I read somewhere that increase in fees can not be more than 40 % in one go....does anyone know about this? Is it a law or just rule of some university/college?
Moreover why are SC/ST students exempted from tuition fees????
Fee structure has always remained same for all students.
I dont know i would make it or not but my enthusiasm is definitely killed.

Hi Lakshya..
Don't let your enthusiasm die..I understand that it is a tough decision for many aspirants but I will make a few things clear about the issue..
I agree that IIT is a government run Institution but M.Mgmt courses of SJMSOM runs under the self-financing model and is not subsidized by Govt of India..I understand that fees is a "criteria" for making the final choice in selecting a college however if you believe that the the kind of education, the takeaway that you get from that college is really top notch then fees should not be a major concern..I certainly belive that in a long run you will be able to recover your expenses much more quickly :xmas:..This is just a personal opinion.
The fees structure has always been differential for SC/ST students..It is true for all courses in IIT Bombay..It is an incenive that Govt of India provides..

Regards

One thing is for sure....not many ppl this time will leave IIT-D for IIT-B owing to drastic increase in fees.

spidy_rules Says
One thing is for sure....not many ppl this time will leave IIT-D for IIT-B owing to drastic increase in fees.

Hi Spidy..
Lets not go into that right now as to who will be leaving what..And besides I do have a few aces up my sleeves.You don't want me to bring them out here in a public forum right..That will be too embarrassing..Wont it be??
All the Best