SJMSOM 2009- 11 Final Results Out

Hi Final Results of SJMSOM 2009 - 11 are out. Use the foolowing thread for the final selection discussion. Congratulations to all those who are selected Results can be seen on www.som.iitb.ac.in

Hi

Final Results of SJMSOM 2009 - 11 are out. Use the foolowing thread for the final selection discussion.

Congratulations to all those who are selected

Results can be seen on www.som.iitb.ac.in

m out of d race :(

Congrats to all who made it !!

Dear Seniors

I am waitlisted..GN6...kindly provide an idea on waitlist movement..

Did not convert. Probably would not have joined anyway, but still pretty disappointed.

Congrats to those who did! :-P

Congos to all the converts.

@ seniors
What is the number of seats for which candidates have been selected ?
And what was the number last year ?
As some people on the group commented that last year w/l got cleared till 45, depending on that we might get some idea about this year.

Regards,
Vaibhav

JMET Rank : 167
Result : IITB : w/l 36

Converted!

But not joining!

Finally!!! Got selected to SJMSOM
Will join in all probablity. (NITIE-OBC WL43)

Seniors,
It is mentioned in the website that the fees paid will be refunded according to certain rules!!!

What are the rules??

Regards,
Varun.

Not selected...

I was cocksure about the convert after a very good GD and PI... But, that might have did me in... Whatever, this is not the end of the road...

Congratulations to all....

FY of you all our final placement report is out...people can check it on SJMSoM home page(www.som.iitb.ac.in).

Cheers

Converted! Not joining though. (Joining IIMA)

Congratulations to all the successful candidates on making it through to SJMSOM. Welcome to SJMSOM, IIT Bombay.
Hope to see you guys here!!!

Cheers!!!!

waitlisted at 62 .. after talking to seniors and according to last years' data ..I think its a very dicey situation to be in ..

I have gathered from the thread that last year waitlist moved till #45 .. some queries ..

1. How many general candidates were selected in the first list last year ? (it is 62 this year)

2. The number 45 ..it pertains to the first waitlist ?

Thanks

Hi All..
A hearty congratulation to all those who converted..We hope to see you at SJMSOM this July..
For people who are wait listed my suggestion will be not to lose hope and wait for the next list..You might get lucky..All the best
For people who are not selected: We wish you all the best for your future and hope that you converts other calls..

Now back to work as usual ;)
@ Varun:
It depends on the current institute rules. The refund policy last year was a standard deduction of Rs 1000/- only.
@ Vaibhav
This time there is no buffer call..Last time there was some buffer calls..So hope for the best.

Regards

Congratulations to all....

FY of you all our final placement report is out...people can check it on SJMSoM home page(www.som.iitb.ac.in).

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the placement report. It is impressive!!

converted !!!
jmet - 329
x- 88
xii- 87.8
b.e. - 9.52/10.00
21 months of work-ex in semiconductor industry

Reject...
had a great GD...and decent PI...
aisa kya karoon yaar ki koi b-school mujhe le le....

No call after a good GD and a good PI...

has to be the rank(395) and lack of workex that did me in.

Same here.....good acads....good gd/pi.....air24....waitlist GN57....

After 5 rejects (SIBM, IIFT, XLRI(PMIR), NITIE, IIML) what a feeling to see a convert..It is more of relief than happiness..

After seeing people with great AIR and good GD/PI not converting, I consider myself fortunate to be among the 62 candidates selected (GEN), though I have a good AIR (24) and good acad profile..

I actually found a results link on the server around 5.40pm yesterday and it kept giving me 'name not found' message till the official results were actually out around 8.30pm.. I was actually in bad shape for those 3 hours unable to digest the feeling of a sixth reject:|

But finally

As they say, all's well that ends well