SJMSOM 2009-11 Admission Queries

Hi all _The notification for JMET 2009 is out. Joint Management Entrance Test 2009 (JMET 2009) is the first step in the process of admission to the MBA programmes @ IITs. _ Some details about JMET 2009: _1) Organizing Institute:IIT Kanpu…

Hi all
The notification for JMET 2009 is out. Joint Management Entrance Test 2009 (JMET 2009) is the first step in the process of admission to the MBA programmes @ IITs.
Some details about JMET 2009:
1) Organizing Institute:IIT Kanpur
2) Registration (online):The registration process for JMET 2009 will start from September 8, 2008 at 08:00 AM. ONLINE submission of the JMET 2009 application can be done by accessing the website of IIT Kanpur and following the instructions contained therein JMET2009
A draft of Rs.750 (Rs.350 only for SC/ST candidates) in favor of "Organizing Chairman, JMET 2009" payable at Kanpur will be required prior to online registration.
3) Instructions for JMET app process - JMET :: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
4) Last date for Registration: 8 October 2008 (online)
5) Date of exam: JMET 2009 will be conducted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 from 10:00 hours to 13:00 hours
Any queries related to JMET and SJMSOM,IITB should be directed on this thread.
Regards

Hi Prasenjit,

I have a query regarding attesting X class marks memo..

Is it now required for us to get fresh attestation of the certificate..or will it do..if it is already signed by principal some 7 yrs back..bcoz my ceritificate has got signed by my principal some 7 yrs back..

plz do take some time to answer my query..

Thanks in Advance...

Hi Prasenjit ,

i hav a query regarding cgpa eligibilty. i hav a cg 0f 6.0 which is equivalent to 67% by my college cgpa-percentage conversion rules. Will i be allowed for SJMSOM, which asks for 6.5 cg or 60% if i prodeuce my marksheet????

Hi all
The notification for JMET 2009 is out. Joint Management Entrance Test 2009 (JMET 2009) is the first step in the process of admission to the MBA programmes @ IITs.
Some details about JMET 2009:
1) Organizing Institute:IIT Kanpur
2) Registration (online):The registration process for JMET 2009 has started and ONLINE submission of the JMET 2009 application can be done by accessing the website of IIT Kanpur and following the instructions contained therein JMET2009
A draft of Rs.750 (Rs.350 only for SC/ST candidates) in favor of "Organizing Chairman, JMET 2009" payable at Kanpur will be required prior to online registration.
3) Instructions for JMET app process - JMET :: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
4) Last date for Registration: 8 October 2008 (online)
5) Date of exam: JMET 2009 will be conducted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 from 10:00 hours to 13:00 hours
Any queries related to JMET and SJMSOM,IITB should be directed on this thread.
Regards

the site where the online application is to be filled is not working
miss_panther Says
the site where the online application is to be filled is not working

The online application will be available from SEP 8th and hence, please have patience.
Hi Prasenjit,

I have a query regarding attesting X class marks memo..

Is it now required for us to get fresh attestation of the certificate..or will it do..if it is already signed by principal some 7 yrs back..bcoz my ceritificate has got signed by my principal some 7 yrs back..

plz do take some time to answer my query..

Thanks in Advance...

@Sunil251 ,

no problem ,what matters if it is attested or not...if its attested tats fine....
Hi Prasenjit ,

i hav a query regarding cgpa eligibilty. i hav a cg 0f 6.0 which is equivalent to 67% by my college cgpa-percentage conversion rules. Will i be allowed for SJMSOM, which asks for 6.5 cg or 60% if i prodeuce my marksheet????

Can't comment on this rt now...wil talk with admin ppl and wil get back to you asap....
Hi Prasenjit ,

@bunny1986,

if a CGPI of 6.0 converts to 67% in your college then you have to show a
certificate showing the same (conversion) from your college on your college letterhead.

Cheers

Hi. I have some queries regarding the eligibility critieria.

1. Is the applicant required to have a First Class or 60 % ?
Sounds innocuous, but let me explain. I am an engineer from Mumbai University ( 2007 batch ). A Class is awarded here, on the basis of your final year marks (( sem 7 + sem / 2). 60% and above is a First Class. However, if you happen to have a KT in either sem 7 or sem 8 , then irrespective of your net score ( after having cleared the KT ) , you will only be awarded a PASS CLASS.
Now my net aggregate ( sem 7 + sem 8 )/2 works out to 66.x , but I had a KT in my 7th semester ( which i managed to clear successfully ). My degree certificate shows that the university has awarded me a Pass Class.

So , am I eligible for JMET ? Taking it forward, am I eligible to apply to the SoMS. The brochure mentions First Class or equivalent. I'm not quite sure as to what that means...

2. Additionally, do we require 60% only in the final year ( Sem 7 + Sem 8 ) or a First Class throughout the 4 years of engg ?

I would be really grateful if someone could answer these queries.
Thanks

- Varun

Sounds innocuous, but let me explain. I am an engineer from Mumbai University ( 2007 batch ). A Class is awarded here, on the basis of your final year marks (( sem 7 + sem / 2). 60% and above is a First Class. However, if you happen to have a KT in either sem 7 or sem 8 , then irrespective of your net score ( after having cleared the KT ) , you will only be awarded a PASS CLASS.
Now my net aggregate ( sem 7 + sem 8 )/2 works out to 66.x , but I had a KT in my 7th semester ( which i managed to clear successfully ). My degree certificate shows that the university has awarded me a Pass Class.

So , am I eligible for JMET ? Taking it forward, am I eligible to apply to the SoMS. The brochure mentions First Class or equivalent. I'm not quite sure as to what that means...

2. Additionally, do we require 60% only in the final year ( Sem 7 + Sem 8 ) or a First Class throughout the 4 years of engg ?

Thanks

- Varun

Hi Varun we have a Mumbai University 2007 batch passout in our batch.I wil ask him to answer ur question.Watch this space tomorrow..

Cheers
Hi Varun we have a Mumbai University 2007 batch passout in our batch.I wil ask him to answer ur question.Watch this space tomorrow..

Cheers

Thanks a lot Prasenjit ! 😃
varunriyer Says
Thanks a lot Prasenjit ! :)

Hi Junta,

Prasenjit is doing a gr8 job here... i'll also try to pitch in with any help possible.

@varunriyer

just hit the "thanks" button.. its faster and better.
@bunny1986,

if a CGPI of 6.0 converts to 67% in your college then you have to show a
certificate showing the same (conversion) from your college on your college letterhead.

Cheers

Hi Prasenjit,
thnks for ur response. i hav my college grade sheet tht mentions both my cgpa and its equivalent percentage. will that suffice or i will hav to show the conversion formula also to the authorities?
Hi Prasenjit,
thnks for ur response. i hav my college grade sheet tht mentions both my cgpa and its equivalent percentage. will that suffice or i will hav to show the conversion formula also to the authorities?

If its metioned on the grade sheet itself that's fine with us...
On another note,these things you can think about later...now better concentrate on JMET..u need to have a rank of atleast within the top 300 to get a call from SJMSOM..
This year the last roll number to get a call was most prob 350...

Cheers
If its metioned on the grade sheet itself that's fine with us...
On another note,these things you can think about later...now better concentrate on JMET..u need to have a rank of atleast within the top 300 to get a call from SJMSOM..
This year the last roll number to get a call was most prob 350...

Cheers

thnkx prasenjit,
u r very correct............had anxiety to start with.....tht's why put on the query

hi prasenjit !...i wanna apper 4 JMET...so can u tell me abt the kinda books i shud go 4 to crack JMET-2009

ajay91284 Says
hi prasenjit !...i wanna apper 4 JMET...so can u tell me abt the kinda books i shud go 4 to crack JMET-2009

I am ataching 3 files ..go thru them..hope they will help you to form an idea about JMET..
About books if you are preparing for CAT that's enough ....

Cheers

Thanks

- Varun

Hi Varun...

Regarding your 2nd query when an institute ask for a First Class it generally means First Class Overall..i.e in the passing certificate it should mention First Class. It does not matter whether you had First Class in each and every year/semester.Same goes for CPI/Aggregate marks. You need 60% overall.

But your for you its the first point that is critical...We will get back to you with the details

Srikant Kumar Kuanar
SJMSOM 2010.

- Varun

As far as some previous admission processes go, its the 60% which matters. We have had cases like yours where the class (and the %age in the final certificate) is awarded based on the last 2 semesters. But then, what matters is a person's performance over the whole undergrad course and hence in cases like yours, the simple average of all 8 semesters is calculated and checked for 60%. (thus, a person with 60%+ &/or 1st class by scoring heavily in last 2 sems. but with an overall %age below 60% is in trouble).

Hope I have answered your query.

Good job '10 guys!

Regards
SHEKHAR