SITM admission 2011-13

Hi to all the aspirants of the SNAP test Welcome to the SITM Admissions 2011-13 thread on Pagalguy! As you all know, admission forms for SITM are out and one can fill the form online at Welcome to Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Managemen…

Hi to all the aspirants of the SNAP test

Welcome to the SITM Admissions 2011-13 thread on Pagalguy!

As you all know, admission forms for SITM are out and one can fill the form online at Welcome to Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management

The application fee is Rs 1000 for a single course which can be paid through credit card, internet banking, banks and demand draft. The aplication fee is non- refundable

If you have any queries regarding the admission procedure we guys from SITM are here to solve them. Write in to us with any doubts or clarifications that you may need and rest assured that they would be answered promptly.

We kindly request you to refrain from making comparisons of any kind and avoid any other such comments which would be inappropriate for the public forum.

All the best for your preparations!!

Regards
Neeraj Kumar
SITM

Hi buddy :). plz throw some light on the selection process of SITM ? I am a BE(e&c;) graduate.
My past academic records are as follows:
BE:59.7%
12th:77%
10th:74%
extracuricullar is ok too.
I belong to defence background,is the cutoff SITM same for defence ppl ??
looking forward to ur reply

Hi buddy :). plz throw some light on the selection process of SITM ? I am a BE(e&c;) graduate.
BE:59.7%
12th:77%
10th:74%
I belong to defence background,is the cutoff SITM same for defence ppl ??

Hi Sunit,

Click on this link to see the Selection Process

And regarding the cutoffs for defence background.. the cutoffs would be less. But it depends on the other defence background students whoever apply for the course.

Thanks for the info:D. Any idea what was the cutoff for defence ppl in 2009 ?
I would also like to know that out of the two streams offered at SITM, which one is better ?.

Thanks for the info:D. Any idea what was the cutoff for defence ppl in 2009 ?
I would also like to know that out of the two streams offered at SITM, which one is better ?.

Cutoff for the
General Catergory
Marketing - 91-92
Systems - 84-85

Cutoffs for the defence people was around 5-6 marks lesser.

And regarding the streams, both the streams are good. It depends on you to decide which stream you want to take, going by your interest.

Thanks a lot 😃

How are the placements in SITM ?.I m planning to apply for system & finance. .What is the difference b/w the two courses , difficulty wise , scope wise & also placement ??

thanks in advance:)

How are the placements in SITM ?.I m planning to apply for system & finance. .What is the difference b/w the two courses , difficulty wise , scope wise & also placement ??

thanks in advance:)

Here you go...

Placements
Marketing&Finance; vs Systems&Finance;

Students from both the specializations are eligible to sit for all the companies. Go through the course structure and you'll be able to decide which specialization suits you.

what is the total fees?

abhadani Says
what is the total fees?

The fee structure for batches 2009-11 and 2010-12 is 7Lakhs for 2 years (everything inclusive).
In case of there is any change in the fee structure, details would be updated on the website and the applicants would be intimated.

hey the fees mentioned in the website is 2.5 lakhs per year

For management sponsored fees the fees is 6.25 Lakhs' plzz correct me if m wrong

sunit kalkoti Says
hey the fees mentioned in the website is 2.5 lakhs per year

2.5Lakh is the course fee per year and 1 lakh is the hostel fee, so the total is 3.5Lakh per year, which accumulates to 7Lakh for 2 years.

sunit kalkoti Says
For management sponsored fees the fees is 6.25 Lakhs' plzz correct me if m wrong

Same goes with management quota.
For 1 year, 6.25Lakh plus 1Lakh = 7.25Lakh pa

ok :).hostel fees is too high.I guess the facilities would be great then .anyway thanks for the info,i was totally unaware of it.

Hey could u throw some light on the GD/PI process of SITM ? Is it more telecom based or general ?

Any special prep for GD/PI required ? will it be enough if u read newspaper on a regular basis ??

Can you give some details about management quota? What is the process of getting in through management quota? Do we have to apply separately?

Also...while registering for SNAP i dint select SITM as one of the institute. i selected SIBM Pune and SCMHRD.. My query is..can i NOW go and edit my application and select SITM and click Save button?

Can you give some details about management quota? What is the process of getting in through management quota? Do we have to apply separately?

Also...while registering for SNAP i dint select SITM as one of the institute. i selected SIBM Pune and SCMHRD.. My query is..can i NOW go and edit my application and select SITM and click Save button?

Yes you can apply for SITM even if you haven't selected SITM before during registration of SNAP.
Seniors can tell you about the management quota query
Hope it hepls.

Hi buddy . plz throw some light on the selection process of SITM ? I am a BE(e&tc;) graduate.
BE:59 %
12th:73%
10th:84%
I belong to PH3 category ,is the cutoff SITM same for PH candidates ??
and what will be the approximate cutoff for PH3 candidate...???
is there any possibility of getting into SITM...???

Hi buddy . plz throw some light on the selection process of SITM ? I am a BE(e&tc;) graduate.
BE:59 %
12th:73%
10th:84%
I belong to PH3 category ,is the cutoff SITM same for PH candidates ??
and what will be the approximate cutoff for PH3 candidate...???
is there any possibility of getting into SITM...???

1) Cutoff for the PH Candidates would be on the lower side as compared to general category for admissions to SITM.
2) It is really tough to comment or predict on the cutoffs, a candidate would be shortlisted based on relative comparison of scores. i.e., in the PH Category if there are more students who applied, the top lot would be called for the interviews.
3) Yes, there is every possibility of you getting into SITM, provided there is a decent SNAP Score, a good GDΠ.