SITM 2009-11: Post Your Queries

Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM) established in 1996, is the pioneer in the field of Telecom Management in entire SAARC region. The institute endeavors to develop World-Class Telecom Business Leaders who can address the needs of a …

Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM) established in 1996, is the pioneer in the field of Telecom Management in entire SAARC region. The institute endeavors to develop World-Class Telecom Business Leaders who can address the needs of a constantly changing business scenario in a technical field, such as telecom, with ease. The institute embraces the spirit of "Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam" which focuses on bridging distances among the members of the world and facilitates cultural exchange amongst the students. The Institute in its 13th year of existence commits itself towards realizing the vision of its founding forefathers.

Vision
Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management will be the preferred destination for all who aspire to become world-class telecom business leaders.

Mission
To develop world class telecom Business Leaders who can handle the ever-changing technology and the business scenario effectively at all levels of the corporate ladder. More importantly, to instill human values to make better citizens.

SO if you feel you want to be a part of this great institute and have some doubt (about anything) then feel free to ask it here...i and others SITMians will put in all efforts to solve your queries...

ALL THE BEST!

Hey guys
I am kinda targeting Symbi n SITM happens to be in the list
Neded a frank opinion on SITM.....n a comparision betn SITM n SCIT

I got to know thru frnds that cutoff for SITM is 75 ....are they true figures for 2008 or does it go down/up(based on academics and work ex)

My profile is as follows
10: 70%
Diploma(Comp Sci) : 70%
Engg(Comp Sci): 62(with 1 yr gap)
Exp: Currently working as a Business Analyst with Kotak

I would be having 2yrs and 8 months of exp as and when I join the 2009 batch....how useful can it be and do they have lateral placements for candidates with reasonable work exp

-Rohit

@rohit

well if u ask an sitm guy abt which is better then definitely u will get d answer--SITM IS D BEST!! u can compare SCIT v/s SITM via placements,infrastructure,ranking,faculty and in all sitm has an edge...
till now there is nothing called as lateral placements...u have a gud work-ex which will help...nos. in snap keep on changing depending upon d level of paper and overall performence ... ALL THE BEST!

can i get exact figures for cutoff...n are they sectional

@rohit
well the cut-off for systems was about 65 and that for marketing was 70...no sectionals but will confirm....all the best

I have 49% in 12,70% in 10 and 70% in graduation. Will I get a call from SITM after clearning the cut off? Would also like to know my chances of selection.

prfs Says
I have 49% in 12,70% in 10 and 70% in graduation. Will I get a call from SITM after clearning the cut off? Would also like to know my chances of selection.

The academics fit the bill to fetch u a call from SITM once u clear the cutoff. Normally the cutoff for marketing and finance stream is higher than that for systems and finance specalisation.

Batch 2008-10
Systems and Finance.

hi friends...i wanted to know how to get the admission forms of SITM?unlike SIBM there are no forms available online & just the starting dates & the last dates of forms are written there?i stay in delhi..are forms available here anywhere?plz reply...

good work kushal.....keep this thread active and request others not to open multiple threads for queries regarding SITM

can u tell me job profile for marketing and finance people in sitm?
do they get techinical job or job related to marketin and finance?
will mba from sitm in marketing ristricts job to only telecom and IT field?

Hi,

I am a CA with 8 exp.

I am planing to appear in Jan'09 (part time) MBA from FMS.

Need advise of how to prepare for the entrance test.

Regards

shoaibnaik Says
hi friends...i wanted to know how to get the admission forms of SITM?unlike SIBM there are no forms available online & just the starting dates & the last dates of forms are written there?i stay in delhi..are forms available here anywhere?plz reply...

sitm forms will be out soon. You can purchase the forms from IMS locations all across India.
can u tell me job profile for marketing and finance people in sitm?
do they get techinical job or job related to marketin and finance?
will mba from sitm in marketing ristricts job to only telecom and IT field?

The job profile is offered across 8-10 verticals ranging from telecom consultant , to IT consultant, VAS, System integrators etc. SITM offers edge while appearing for jobs related to telecom and IT field. (Theres no restriction as such.)
For more details pls visit. SITM : Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management, PUNE

how wud mba (mktg and finance) from sibm say and sitm(mktg and finance) be diffrent in terms of job profiles and are both the specializations same

gags242 Says
how wud mba (mktg and finance) from sibm say and sitm(mktg and finance) be diffrent in terms of job profiles and are both the specializations same

I think your query has been answered above...see the reply by navin bajaj.

Certainly the management course at SITM is different from SIBM.
Your 2 years of stay at SITM fetches u a management degree with technical expertise as well.............
I think your query has been answered above...see the reply by navin bajaj.

Certainly the management course at SITM is different from SIBM.
Your 2 years of stay at SITM fetches u a management degree with technical expertise as well.............

so u mean 2 say that an mba from sitm is same as that from sibm just that u have some additional technical expertise....

@gags
i dont think theres any scope for confusion gags...being at sitm, u will study marketing n finance as a whole but say ur core competency wud b telecom/it/ites/etc sectors....

Hi Gag

The major difference between (mkt & fin) of SITM and other colleges are:

We at SITM learn mkt & fin from a very diff. perspective. The major focus is Telecom (which is our major) and IT/ITeS and other telecom related technologies and products.

Along with that the focus is on core marketing and business and Core Finance. So we learn what students at other colleges learn plus we learn the application of same knowledge in Telecom Arena.

Thats why the course is MBA - Telecom Management with Specialization in Marketing and Finance.

You can see the exact course content at our website SITM : Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management, PUNE.

I hope that answered your query.Let us know in case you have any doubt.

Guys Online registration is On. Check out
SITM : Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management, PUNE