SITM[2009-11] GD\PI Experinces

Hi Guys, Post ur gd\pi experinces of SITM here. It will help others to get an idea about the topics and all that. Best of luck to everyone :smiley:

Hi Guys,
Post ur gd\pi experinces of SITM here. It will help others to get an idea about the topics and all that. Best of luck to everyone 😃

I had my GD\PI yesterday. The process is as follows:
1) First of all a small presentation on SITM. Then u ll be given a topic to write an essay in 150-200 words. my topics were Financial Meltdown/Valentine's day. I choose Financial Meltdown.
2) Then a GD comprising of 9 to 12 people. mine was of 9 people. topic were same as given for essay. we choose to speak on valentines day. overall a good gd. everyone got fair chances to speak withou creating fish market.
3) then there is extempore. u have to pickup a chit to have ur topic.. u have to choose a topic from the 3 given in the chit. prep time of 3 min and to present 3 min
4) then there is PI. mine was a panel consisting of 3 members 2 ma'm and one sir.

I was asked general qs like why mba, tell me about urself, why SITM, one sub from BE( even after having work ex of 3+ years 😞 ). Then some qs from my project related details.
About financial meltdown and its root cause, what is Nokia project for connecting india (or villages I don't remeber which I couldn't answer) and about my other calls.
overall an affair of about 20 min and preety cool.
Lets see what happens 😃
keeping my fingers crossed.

I had my GD\PI yesterday. The process is as follows:
1) First of all a small presentation on SITM. Then u ll be given a topic to write an essay in 150-200 words. my topics were Financial Meltdown/Valentine's day. I choose Financial Meltdown.
2) Then a GD comprising of 9 to 12 people. mine was of 9 people. topic were same as given for essay. we choose to speak on valentines day. overall a good gd. everyone got fair chances to speak withou creating fish market.
3) then there is extempore. u have to pickup a chit to have ur topic.. u have to choose a topic from the 3 given in the chit. prep time of 3 min and to present 3 min
4) then there is PI. mine was a panel consisting of 3 members 2 ma'm and one sir.

I was asked general qs like why mba, tell me about urself, why SITM, one sub from BE( even after having work ex of 3+ years 😞 ). Then some qs from my project related details.
About financial meltdown and its root cause, what is Nokia project for connecting india (or villages I don't remeber which I couldn't answer) and about my other calls.
overall an affair of about 20 min and preety cool.
Lets see what happens 😃
keeping my fingers crossed.

what were ur extempore topics?
over all how was d process?
any idea of what other topics were dere for gd n essay writing?how many ppl were called?

my extempore topic was: IT boon or bane? overall the pocess is quite smooth. no idea abt other topics...

try4it Says
my extempore topic was: IT boon or bane? overall the pocess is quite smooth. no idea abt other topics...

What all documents are they looking for

guys keep postin your experiences.. please let us know wat documents r required??:confused:

Thanx to our friend try4it who has started this thread. SITM is all about lending the helping hand when needed...so use this awesome platform named PagalGuy so that you can discuss all your GD/PI related queries in here. The people who have already completed the process share ur tit-bits and let others feel grateful !!
Follow the format:
Profile:
10th %:
12th %:
Grad %:
Work Ex (if any):
GD/PI/Extempore Exp:
Thanx All..
Profile:
10th %:86
12th %:87
Grad %:69
Work Ex (if any):16 month
Snap score:70
Applied for: Systems and finance

Hi all,

The whole process consists of 4 tasks: Essay writing,GD,extempore and PI.

Fisrt of all we were seated in a hall where a presentation was shown to
acquaint us with SITM as an institute. Then there were usual registration,paper work etc.Even if u havent taken the printout of the Application form, dont worry. It will be provided there.

The essay topics were given after that. 10 mints time and a A4 size paper will be given to u. 150-200 words approx will be ok. My topic was
1)corruption
2)Red.
I wrote on Red elaborating hows its the symbol of love and passion..connected it to valentine's day.. and the protests too.
Also i thot of red tapism and red carpet of Oscars, but finally decided to go with love;);).

After the essay, u ll be taken to a GD room in groups of 9-12. My group was of 9 guys and the topic was "is india really a secular state". 2 mints were given to think and 10 min was the discussion time. Since the time was a bit less for 9 guys to talk...:argue:....It very nearly became a fish market so the panel obstructed. Later on the guys cooled down and we concluded. Surprisingly I was the lone warrior on the opposition,everyone else supported the topic.So i got to talk a lot..

After the GD, extempore topics were given. U ll be given 3 topics to choose from. Choose any one of them and think for 3 min outside the GD room, then come back and speak for 3 mints. It was cool. U have to speak in front of ur GD group and the panel only, no fuss. I chose the topic "there is life after death", though there were topics like broadband, telecom in India, divorce, wireless commn etc.

After the GD, u have to wait in the hall till u r cald for PI. My PI panel consisted of two members. They first of all asked abt me and my family background. Then my hobbies and wats my work ex is all abt. I explained what kind of work I do in my compay(Oracle etc..). Questions were also asked abt my strengths and weeknesses that I mentioned in the form. Then there were questions on my B.E project. Finally they asked why am i goin 4 MBA and y shud they take me. Overall it went very well. I am hopeful...

That concludes the whole process. There was no document verification(but do keep it wit urself), may be they will check at the time of final admission.

The whole process was managed and carried out smoothly. It was a nice experience for all of us.

Good work volunteers and all the best to puys....

In case u want more clarifications..shoot ur queries.
Profile:
10th %:86
12th %:87
Grad %:69
Work Ex (if any):16 month
Snap score:70
Applied for: Systems and finance

Hi all,

The whole process consists of 4 tasks: Essay writing,GD,extempore and PI.

Fisrt of all we were seated in a hall where a presentation was shown to
acquaint us with SITM as an institute. Then there were usual registration,paper work etc.Even if u havent taken the printout of the Application form, dont worry. It will be provided there.

The essay topics were given after that. 10 mints time and a A4 size paper will be given to u. 150-200 words approx will be ok. My topic was
1)corruption
2)Red.
I wrote on Red elaborating hows its the symbol of love and passion..connected it to valentine's day.. and the protests too.
Also i thot of red tapism and red carpet of Oscars, but finally decided to go with love;);).

After the essay, u ll be taken to a GD room in groups of 9-12. My group was of 9 guys and the topic was "is india really a secular state". 2 mints were given to think and 10 min was the discussion time. Since the time was a bit less for 9 guys to talk...:argue:....It very nearly became a fish market so the panel obstructed. Later on the guys cooled down and we concluded. Surprisingly I was the lone warrior on the opposition,everyone else supported the topic.So i got to talk a lot..

After the GD, extempore topics were given. U ll be given 3 topics to choose from. Choose any one of them and think for 3 min outside the GD room, then come back and speak for 3 mints. It was cool. U have to speak in front of ur GD group and the panel only, no fuss. I chose the topic there is life after death, though there were topics like broadband, telecom in India, divorce, wireless commn etc.

After the GD, u have to wait in the hall till u r cald for PI. My PI panel consisted of two members. They first of all asked abt me and my family background. Then my hobbies and wats my work ex is all abt. I explained what kind of work I do in my compay(Oracle etc..). Questions were also asked abt my strengths and weeknesses that I mentioned in the form. Then there were questions on my B.E project. Finally they asked why am i goin 4 MBA and y shud they take me. Overall it went very well. I am hopeful...

That concludes the whole process. There was no document verification(but do keep it wit urself), may be they will check at the time of final admission.

The whole process was managed and carried out smoothly. It was a nice experience for all of us.

Good work volunteers and all the best to puys....

In case u want more clarifications..shoot ur queries.

Hi,thanks for your post...Just wanted to know if the PI panel is grilling on grad subjects...i have 9 months work ex...and what about current affairs??
nvm Says
Just wanted to know if the PI panel is grilling on grad subjects...i have 9 months work ex...and what about current affairs??

Academic questions were not on their list of favorites with guys with 1+ year of work-ex(its usual in evry GD/PI i guess), but u nvr know. Depending on ur grad stream they can surely ask abt grad subjects and grill you on your BE project. They did spend 2 min or so with me on my BE project.
AFA current affairs are concernd..there were no such questions from me..but "recession" was looming large in other PIs as i heard.

my schedule is on 24feb 9 am...so whole process wd b cmpltd in hw many hrs??i have my bus booking at 6pm........

anuragpol21 Says
my schedule is on 24feb 9 am...so whole process wd b cmpltd in hw many hrs??i have my bus booking at 6pm........

The whole process will be over in 3 hours max.

hey puys post ur experiences. it will help others.

anuragpol21 Says

HI am from chennai..
1. I ve got my gd on 23rd feb at 11am I have my return train to from pune rly station at 6 pm will the proceess be over before 4pm so that i can catch the train on time ?
2. How can I travel from pune rly station to lavale ..Is there any bus route or train route ?? or can i take an auto..
pl help me am so confused:confused:

:confused: Few questions:
Is there any elimination after any round?
What are the documents that we have to carry?
Will bus be provided for return journey to Pune city from Lavale campus, if not what's the alternative way?

@nagashtrax
there is no public trnasport available for Lavale. only SITM bus can get u there. there are two buses: one at 8 and other at 10 in the morning. try to catch anyone of these. for returning buses are at 2 and 5:30. it seems difficult to 11 o'clock process to get over by 2. so u have to take the bus at 5:30. So plan ur journey accordingly

:confused: Few questions:
Is there any elimination after any round?
What are the documents that we have to carry?
Will bus be provided for return journey to Pune city from Lavale campus, if not what's the alternative way?

There isn't any elimination round. If u r from general no docs are required. but u can carry ur certificates to be on the safe side. yes, u ll get a bus to pune city. timing are 2 pm and 5:30 pm

one request to u all puys...
Please ask ur queries on http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/admission-queries-sitm-2009-2011-25035589

This thread is only meant for sharing GD\PI experinces.
ur help is highly appreciated 😃

Guys for all ur queries revert to SITM 2009-11 queries forum and all other instructions regd buses etc find it here: SITM : Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management, PUNE