SITM 08:post your queries

hello friends! This thread is dedicated to all aspiring SITMITES . feel free to post your queries regarding the college, the courses, the process, life in SITM.

hello friends!

This thread is dedicated to all aspiring SITMITES . feel free to post your queries regarding the college, the courses, the process, life in SITM.

can ny1 plz let me knw about the cutoffs for admission to the sitm

hi! the cut-off last year was 60+ but it is not something that is constant,i'm sure u would be aware of that.it depends on the type of paper u get,rather the difficulty level

nihilultra Says
hi! the cut-off last year was 60+ but it is not something that is constant,i'm sure u would be aware of that.it depends on the type of paper u get,rather the difficulty level

Well, cutoff for 2007 batch was approx 64+ for sys n fin and 69+ for mktg n fin.
just for comparison, SIBM had a cutoff of 83, SIIB of approx 72....
Cheers

Hi,
I am B.E. Telecommunication 2006 pass out. I have a wrk ex of 8 months or so after that in marketing. Does SITM give any kinda preference to Telecom people............What do they ask in the Gd's???????? Is it Technical????

well thanks a lot to all those who help me in solving my querries,
now one more problem

plz plz tell me the cutoffs of all the IBSAT (ICFAI) campuses except those who had an opening this year(2007) and which are ok ok

as i am appearing for the IBSAT thats why i neeeded.....

Hi,
I am B.E. Telecommunication 2006 pass out. I have a wrk ex of 8 months or so after that in marketing. Does SITM give any kinda preference to Telecom people............What do they ask in the Gd's???????? Is it Technical????

hi priyesh! well there's nothing like preference given to telecom people it all comes down to how u perform in the written test & gd\pi. rather the fact that u have a telecom background will help u in the screening process.
talking about gd's, its mostly topics on current affairs.
i am sure u r working hard for ur entarnce tests, but do keep reading the newspapers!
well thanks a lot to all those who help me in solving my querries,
now one more problem

plz plz tell me the cutoffs of all the IBSAT (ICFAI) campuses except those who had an opening this year(2007) and which are ok ok

as i am appearing for the IBSAT thats why i neeeded.....

hi ajit!
u have posted on the wrong thread, kindly take care of that in future!
this thread is for SITM and not IBSAT.
if u have any queries regarding SITM, feel free to write........

what is the placement scenario there..................what is the starting package and profile ...........

wannamba1 Says
what is the placement scenario there..................what is the starting package and profile ...........

I heard that companies like VSNL,Icici Onsource are major recruitors.. Is it true.. also the package provided is good..

placements are something that is very close to every b-schools hearts and its the same in sitm too,so,i wont be taking any names as to who the recruiters are.
placements are excellent in sitm and i'm not saying this just because i'm expected to say good things about my college, we have very big companies who come for placements!

i had the same questions in my mind when i was in your position and today i'm very happy that i made the choice to join sitm(placements being a very important reason for that!)

placements are something that is very close to every b-schools hearts and its the same in sitm too,so,i wont be taking any names as to who the recruiters are.
placements are excellent in sitm and i'm not saying this just because i'm expected to say good things about my college, we have very big companies who come for placements!

i had the same questions in my mind when i was in your position and today i'm very happy that i made the choice to join sitm(placements being a very important reason for that!)

hi! ...I am a science graduate from hansraj college....and i have completed my graduation in 4 years istead of 3 years....would you please tell me that i am eligible for the course or not...
thanks...
hi! ...I am a science graduate from hansraj college....and i have completed my graduation in 4 years istead of 3 years....would you please tell me that i am eligible for the course or not...
thanks...

hi! shivkumar it's good to see your interest for sitm....as far as ur query goes i believe you are eligible as you have completed your graduation,but, this is my opinion.i'll try to ask someone from the management and give you a reply.

Hi i have got a query !

I completed my bachelors (full time) in june 2005 whereas i was supposed to complete my degree in june 2004. The problem was i got jaundice so had to clear my back logs in the next year.So obviously i didnt clear the exams in one sitting rite.So plz clarify if i should refrain myself from applying to the institute

And morever i have a gap year too. Can you plz confirm this from the institute management if i can apply?

cheers
shyam

Hi i have got a query !

I completed my bachelors (full time) in june 2005 whereas i was supposed to complete my degree in june 2004. The problem was i got jaundice so had to clear my back logs in the next year.So obviously i didnt clear the exams in one sitting rite.So plz clarify if i should refrain myself from applying to the institute

And morever i have a gap year too. Can you plz confirm this from the institute management if i can apply?

cheers
shyam

hi shyam...as u have said that u have completed ur engineering, u are eleigible for the course,but u have to explain your case properly during your interview.dont bother about the year gap,i am in sitm and i have a year gap....but first thing is to get a good score and that is applicable to admission to any college,so, i would suggest u concentrate on the xams and try to get a good score
all the best!
hi priyesh! well there's nothing like preference given to telecom people it all comes down to how u perform in the written test & gd\pi. rather the fact that u have a telecom background will help u in the screening process.
talking about gd's, its mostly topics on current affairs.
i am sure u r working hard for ur entarnce tests, but do keep reading the newspapers!

well by the above quote, can one construe that any one can join SITM, be he/she from a non-Telecom background...
if so.. some queries??;;;
1> what is the nature of jobs being offered at SITM,,are they core telecom jobs or general MBA ones too..
2> what are the specializations offered at SITM...
3> You said a telecom background helps in clearing screeing (GD/Pi).. what about guys who are in no way related to telecom or any related field say civil engineers..
4> can you briefly give out the composition of your class based on their educational background..
well by the above quote, can one construe that any one can join SITM, be he/she from a non-Telecom background...
if so.. some queries??;;;
1> what is the nature of jobs being offered at SITM,,are they core telecom jobs or general MBA ones too..
2> what are the specializations offered at SITM...
3> You said a telecom background helps in clearing screeing (GD/Pi).. what about guys who are in no way related to telecom or any related field say civil engineers..
4> can you briefly give out the composition of your class based on their educational background..

anyone with an interest in TELECOM can join sitm,irrespective of the background! remember this is not a general MBA course...
1. the specializations are : system and finance, marketing and finance
2. jobs would be related to the telecom field,not necessarily core telecom
3. the present batch has people from engineering background(electronics & telecommunication, computers, civil,mechanical..) some have commerce background.we have people who have done their graduation in chemistry,physics,bio technology
as u see we have people from various backgrounds and when it comes to interviews it is not about the technical aspects of telecom(this is mba and not an mtech course!) but one should have some idea about the latest trends in the telecom sector,for example the spectrum allocation is a big issues nowadays.
i would suggest u go through last years thread "sitm 07" to get some idea about the interviews
i hope i answered ur queries to some extent...if there's something thats not clear feel free to write
hi shyam...as u have said that u have completed ur engineering, u are eleigible for the course,but u have to explain your case properly during your interview.dont bother about the year gap,i am in sitm and i have a year gap....but first thing is to get a good score and that is applicable to admission to any college,so, i would suggest u concentrate on the xams and try to get a good score
all the best!

Dude iama bca graduate not an engineer just completed my degree a year later than i was supposed to.Since the eligibity criteria talks about passing the degree in one sitting i was wondering whether i was eligible for takin admission in the institute .

SITM Admissions through SNAP 2007 cutoffs :

Marketing & Finance : 69
Systems & Finance : 63