SITM 07 -shoot ur queries !

hello frndz ! This thread is dedicated to all aspiring SITMITES . feel free to post ur queries regarding the college, the courses, the process, the student life and any related queries . ur frndz @ sitm gazal and kamal are here to add…

hello frndz !

This thread is dedicated to all aspiring SITMITES . feel free to post ur queries regarding the college, the courses, the process, the student life and any related queries .

ur frndz @ sitm gazal and kamal are here to address them !

cheers

gazal thakur (marketing 2006-0
kamal mittal (system 2006-0

hello frndz !

This thread is dedicated to all aspiring SITMITES . feel free to post ur queries regarding the college, the courses, the process, the student life and any related queries .

cheers

hey can you tell me the cut off last, open seats and would it help it help, if i have interests in communications....

and I'm a mechanical engineer with one year work ex...would this account...is being a mech a drawback....

the_who-shabby Says
and I'm a mechanical engineer with one year work ex...would this account...is being a mech a drawback....

hi,
firstly regardin cut offs.last year's cut offs were as follows:
systems:71.25
marketing:74.25
2ndly bout u being a mechanical engg. let me tel u der r even plp from commerce backgrnd in systems @ stim infact u'll find plp from diversed backgrnds @ sitm n not solely from telecom engg.
take care
gazal
sitm
the_who-shabby Says

hi,
firstly regardin cut offs.last year's cut offs were as follows:
2ndly bout u being a mechanical engg. let me tel u der r even plp from commerce backgrnd in systems @ stim infact u'll find plp from diversed backgrnds @ sitm n not solely from telecom engg.
take care
gazal
sitm

hey pgites

u can ask abt my experiences also

i have been kicked by sitm twice
my experiences wuld help.

hey pgites

u can ask abt my experiences also

i have been kicked by sitm twice
my experiences wuld help.

ya buddy,
bad luck dat u were kicked twice@ sitm.ur experiences will surely help in avoidin blunders while aimin for sitm.feel free to post.
take care,
gazal
sitm

It seems the queries will start flowing in once the gd/pi list is out...:)

Hi
Would like to know ab the current batch profile, in tearms of exp and edu background. !!!
It will be nice if u cud tell abt the Positives/Negativesthat u found at SITM.
Thankz
anees!!!

hello frndz !

cheers

Hi there.

Me too also willing to join SITM. I am a s/w engineer having a work ex of 1.5+. By the time i'll take SNAP that wud count to 21 months.

Nyways I am workin' as s/w engineer as said earlier havin' a post of senior s/w engineer for a Telecomm Company.

Is my exp enough to get into Sym thru SNAP, also I am workin' in Telecomm domain. AFS I am concerned, placements are osum (SYMBIOSIS...this words carries lots of wieght itself). We have only Marketting and Systems right ? Is it madatory to have a dual specilization OR rather go for dual specialization in SITM.

I am sure that I'll be able to make it to SITM thru SNAP.

Need ya guidance guyz....

Thanks

Shail 😃

hi ...!
SITM Rocks ...Gazal & Kamal will guide u well ...ask ny Q's u ppl hav W.r.t SITM

all d best..!

Hi there.

Me too also willing to join SITM. I am a s/w engineer having a work ex of 1.5+. By the time i'll take SNAP that wud count to 21 months.

Nyways I am workin' as s/w engineer as said earlier havin' a post of senior s/w engineer for a Telecomm Company.

Is my exp enough to get into Sym thru SNAP, also I am workin' in Telecomm domain. AFS I am concerned, placements are osum (SYMBIOSIS...this words carries lots of wieght itself). We have only Marketting and Systems right ? Is it madatory to have a dual specilization OR rather go for dual specialization in SITM.

I am sure that I'll be able to make it to SITM thru SNAP.

Need ya guidance guyz....

Thanks

Shail :)

well ur work-ex would definitely get weightage during interview time , but before that u need to go through the snap test .

prepare well and keep urself updated with latest events and happenings .

and regarding specializations we have -
1. systems and finance
2. marketing and finance
u can select only 1 out of them , its dual means finance is both for systems and marketing .

u need to decide the specialization before submitting the application form because sitm wants its perspective students to be clear abt their aim .

cheers and all the best !!
Hi
Would like to know ab the current batch profile, in tearms of exp and edu background. !!!
It will be nice if u cud tell abt the Positives/Negativesthat u found at SITM.
Thankz
anees!!!

hi anees..!
Well cant tell u the xact figure but how ever i can tell u that this year there has been a minor shift towards increased Work Ex. students as well as there has been a decrease in percentage of engineers , which implies that all graduation backgrounds are welcome.
As far as the positives/negatives go , i would not go into this as the college is unique in itself, i can say this coz i was at the end u r today but believe me this college has a lot to offer...a perfect blend of technology & management.

Chal cya soon
All d best..!!

I want to know if SITM takes students from Correspondence courses or not.Is there any student in the batch who is from a distance learning or corresspondence course.I have done BIT (bachelor of Information technology ) from Ignou.LAst year it was not mentioned that SITM does not takes from Corress courses graduates but this year its mentioned.PLZ let me know the details.

well ur work-ex would definitely get weightage during interview time , but before that u need to go through the snap test .

prepare well and keep urself updated with latest events and happenings .

and regarding specializations we have -
1. systems and finance
2. marketing and finance
u can select only 1 out of them , its dual means finance is both for systems and marketing .

u need to decide the specialization before submitting the application form because sitm wants its perspective students to be clear abt their aim .

cheers and all the best !!

Hey Kamal...

Thanks mate for that info. Lookin' forward to the test. Ny way of been updated AFS latest happenings are concerned. I read outlook, businees today and sometimes The Week. I think thats enough Kamal rt ?

And what abt GK ?

Thanks

Shail 😃

Thankz a bunch Mittal
Also would like to know abt the individual cutoff for both the spez last year.
Mkt & fin
Syst & Fin.
thankz

Thankz a bunch Mittal
Also would like to know abt the individual cutoff for both the spez last year.
Mkt & fin
Syst & Fin.
thankz

hi,
last year cut offs were -
Hey Kamal...

Thanks mate for that info. Lookin' forward to the test. Ny way of been updated AFS latest happenings are concerned. I read outlook, businees today and sometimes The Week. I think thats enough Kamal rt ?

And what abt GK ?

Thanks

Shail :)

hi shail

good yaar if ur regular in reading magazines , but i personally think if possible do read THE HINDU and ECONOMIC TIMES daily .

just check it with ur friends if they have gk stuff ....like last year time gave a list of 900 Q's to its students.

cheers
hi shail

good yaar if ur regular in reading magazines , but i personally think if possible do read THE HINDU and ECONOMIC TIMES daily .

just check it with ur friends if they have gk stuff ....like last year time gave a list of 900 Q's to its students.

cheers

Hi Kamal...

Thanks for that information. Around what time we get the GK stuffz from the TIME centers ? Is that we have to purchase from them ?

Can ya suggest me some stuffz ?

Thanks in advance.

Shail.