SIOM/SNAP 2010 - Admission Queries

Operations Management This thread is dedicated to all your queries that you might have regarding SIOM, SNAP 2010 and related discussion… Please feel free to post any query here,we wud try our best to answer it as early as possible :smiley:

Operations Management

This thread is dedicated to all your queries that you might have regarding SIOM, SNAP 2010 and related discussion..
Please feel free to post any query here,we wud try our best to answer it as early as possible :D

Regards,
Abhinav

ADMISSION 2010

Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik produces Techno-Business Managers Technical Background confluenced with Operations Knowledge and Management concepts.
Facts:

* SIOM offers ONLY Operations Management course
* The total approved intake is 120.
* SNAP is one of the criteria for getting admissions into SIOM. SIOM shortlist people on various other factors apart from SNAP Test.
* SIOM gives admission to Freshers and Work Experienced candidates.
* SIOM takes ONLY Engineering students.

my profile is like this
class 10 th = 85.4%
class 12 th =59.4%

graduation btech in computer science and technology =7.52cgpa=68%

till 6th sem

work experience is zero

drawback poor marks in 12 th should i apply for siom

what will be my chances if i perform good in snap please advice should i apply for the siom

very keen on doing it

Hi, first thing you need to know is that as a fresher you need to score really high in SNAP 2010. When it comes to selecting freshers, institute looks in candidates Academic record, extra curricular activities. Very good score and good extra curricular activities improves probability of getting selected.
Your 12th score is on a lower side, so make sure you have nice record in other sections. Rest is all fine you are meeting the eligibility..so work hard and score good in remaining Engg sems and SNAP too.. ATB.. :D

Visit --> SIOM for more info on SIOM
for SNAP visit - here
Regards,
Abhinav
Operations Management

This thread is dedicated to all your queries that you might have regarding SIOM, SNAP 2010 and related discussion..
Please feel free to post any query here,we wud try our best to answer it as early as possible :D

Regards,
Abhinav

Hi,
I want to know the placement scenario @ SIOM.The average salay and highest/lowest packages too.

Regards
Gauraw
Hi,
I want to know the placement scenario @ SIOM.The average salay and highest/lowest packages too.

Regards
Gauraw

Hi gauraw, howz preparation going on. There is a uniqueness in your name man.. Its Gauraw, with 'w', i have three friends with name gauraV .. :D..
Ok now answering your query:
Placement report for 09 batch is not yet out as 95% students have been placed so far.. So i'll answer this question later. I can tell you about high and low so far which is 10 and 3.7 LPA. I'm including figures for both laterals and freshers.

Regards,
Abhinav
Hi gauraw, howz preparation going on. There is a uniqueness in your name man.. Its Gauraw, with 'w', i have three friends with name gauraV .. :D..
Placement report for 09 batch is not yet out as 95% students have been placed so far.. So i'll answer this question later. I can tell you about high and low so far which is 10 and 3.7 LPA. I'm including figures for both laterals and freshers.

Regards,
Abhinav

Ok...the placement scenario doesn't look that bad.....i was confused whether to apply for SIOM or not coz some people suggested me not to apply.
Preparation is goin on 😃 .....and yes very few people use "W" instead of "V".....thoda hatke hain 😁
Hii
Nilay Shah Here
i m frm A'bad
i wanted to get in to Symboisis for Mba
i wanted to do spelization in international business so may i knw the cuts off of and basic recurements of that..i m being average student during my acadmic so plz suggest...me to get in to symbosis
my profile is as below

10th = 64%
12th = 71%
1st year of b.com =61%
2nd year b.com = 50%
but i m sure that my overhall graduation % vill me above 60% (first class)...

Nilay shah
tnx...and me reply me as soon as psbl
Ok...the placement scenario doesn't look that bad.....i was confused whether to apply for SIOM or not coz some people suggested me not to apply.
Preparation is goin on 😃 .....and yes very few people use "W" instead of "V".....thoda hatke hain :D

Hey i'll tell you more info but do give me few days...thanks..

Hii
Nilay Shah Here
i m frm A'bad
i wanted to get in to Symboisis for Mba
i wanted to do spelization in international business so may i knw the cuts off of and basic recurements of that..i m being average student during my acadmic so plz suggest...me to get in to symbosis
my profile is as below

10th = 64%
12th = 71%
1st year of b.com =61%
2nd year b.com = 50%
but i m sure that my overhall graduation % vill me above 60% (first class)...

Nilay shah
tnx...and me reply me as soon as psbl

Hi nilay.. SIOM offers only Operation Management my friend.. But if you only want IB.. then SIIB offers this course .. please visit here for more info

And only Engineers can apply to SIOM.. :D

Regards,
Abhinav

Regards,
Abhinav

Hi,

Taking the words of Abhinav a bit ahead, I'll mention the average salary for 2007-09 batch so far. Though this batch was hit worst by global situations, SIOM managed an average pay pack of 6.04 lpa (which includes, both laterals and freshers). Also the 10 lpa packages were given to two laterals and one fresher. Means freshers were nowhere underdogs during placements.:w00t:

hi guys,I wanted to know the list of Addresses of those Axis Banks from where we can get the Bank slip/challan for snaptest2009 registration.
the link available doesnot seem to give this detail.

could somebody please get some info on this front...

thanks and regards
Dipti Kamble

hi guys,I wanted to know the list of Addresses of those Axis Banks from where we can get the Bank slip/challan for snaptest2009 registration.

thanks and regards
Dipti Kamble

Hey Dipti,

SNAP 2009 registrations are about to start.

Till then, you may follow the link below for guidance:
SNAP 2009 Guidelines

I hope this will solve your problem. Do let us know, if you are still not clear.

thanks and regards
Dipti Kamble

Hi dipti, this time it will be in all branches of Axis bank in your city.
here are list of cities..

So you can reach any nearest branch.
You just need to write your city name and search for list of Axis bank Branches on google.
I hope this helps you.
If anything wrong do let me know

Regards,
Abhinav

hi Abhinav,
Thanks for the info...but I wanted to know the address of these Axis Bank centres...as in I know its in Mumbai city but where-Borivali,Andheri,Bandra,etc.If anyone gets the exact details please post it here.

Thanks in advance.

Dipti Kamble

hi Abhinav,
Thanks for the info...but I wanted to know the address of these Axis Bank centres...as in I know its in Mumbai city but where-Borivali,Andheri,Bandra,etc.If anyone gets the exact details please post it here.

Thanks in advance.

Dipti Kamble

List of Axis bank branches in Mumbai.. Branches

Just click the above link and you will get Branch address as well as phn no.

Cheers,
Abhinav

plz help me which n coll r good in snap so that i van fill....i am a BE graduate

udit1904 Says
plz help me which n coll r good in snap so that i van fill....i am a BE graduate

Just click here..
You can check the eligibility for different colleges and also check the specialization offered.
If you can tell me which stream are you focusing on then may be i can give you a more preferred answer.

Cheers,
Abhinav
Just click here..
You can check the eligibility for different colleges and also check the specialization offered.
If you can tell me which stream are you focusing on then may be i can give you a more preferred answer.

Cheers,
Abhinav

Thanks abhinav......dude i am lokking for finace related n banking related stream plz if you can suggest me which coll i should go in snap bcoz cost of form in snap is 1k for each coll it will waste if i fill all the colls

Can anyone tell me about last year cutoffs for getting a call from SIOM?

Profile:-
Final year student of Computer Science and Engg.

X- 88.13%

XII- 92.33%

BE(CSE)- 78%(agg. uptill 6th sem)

How many marks i need to score in SNAP for getting call from SIOM...
Please

udit1904 Says
Thanks abhinav......dude i am lokking for finace related n banking related stream plz if you can suggest me which coll i should go in snap bcoz cost of form in snap is 1k for each coll it will waste if i fill all the colls

You know what you wanna do... Half a manager already :D
Ok first thing is to gather info.. Visit this link
You'll get to know more about colleges..
SIBM, SCMHRD, SIMS..are few colleges in Symbi offering finance..
Just check out yourself..:)

Can anyone tell me about last year cutoffs for getting a call from SIOM?

Profile:-
Final year student of Computer Science and Engg.

X- 88.13%

XII- 92.33%

BE(CSE)- 78%(agg. uptill 6th sem)

How many marks i need to score in SNAP for getting call from SIOM...
Please

Bang on the target... How much i need to score in SNAP ;)
Ok so first thing is there is no specific cutoffs when it comes to profile based calls.
Analyse your own profile , you are a fresher so you need to balance this by snap score, when your profile will be compared with work ex candidates.
You need to be good in your acads, and not only that but your extra or co-curricular activities.
SIOM takes around 65-85% work ex people. though its not fixed. So you infer from this that as a fresher you need to score very good in SNAP.

Your acads are good, so you have higher probability of getting shortlisted. Just concentrate on SNAP exam
ATB :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Abhinav