SIOM Nashik 2009-2011 Admissions to MBA (Operations)

This thread is meant for answering all the queries related to admissions to Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), Nashik for the batch 2009-2011 for MBA(Operations Management) programme. Please feel free to shoot your queries a…

This thread is meant for answering all the queries related to admissions to Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), Nashik for the batch 2009-2011 for MBA(Operations Management) programme.

Please feel free to shoot your queries and we'll reply to your queries as soon as we can.

This thread is meant for answering all the queries related to admissions to Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), Nashik for the batch 2009-2011 for MBA(Operations Management) programme.

Please feel free to shoot your queries and we'll reply to your queries as soon as we can.

Hello Seniors,

Can u tell me how good is my profile for SIOM???

10th 71
+2 63
B.Tech 63

Decent Extracurriculars

do i have any chance for SIOM, becoz what i have heard is that SIOM calls are usually profile based???
Hello Seniors,

10th 71
+2 63
B.Tech 63

Decent Extracurriculars

do i have any chance for SIOM, becoz what i have heard is that SIOM calls are usually profile based???

Hi Sandy,

At this stage, it's premature to comment about your chances of getting the call. SIOM gives profile based GD/PI calls and calls can pour in even at relatively low scores provided the candidate has an excellent profile. However, securing a high score will not guarantte you a call and last year there were many candidates who got rejected at good scores because of their not so good profiles. I saw the posts of a few aspirants not getting a call even at a score of 95. However, SNAP score does count in giving out the calls.

Work-experience helps in getting the call. Only engineers with aggregate of over 50% in engg (put together in all semesters) are elligible to apply for SIOM.

For knowing in detail about the selection process, you can refer to my interview on URL: Interview Link
Hello Seniors,

10th 71
+2 63
B.Tech 63

Decent Extracurriculars

Hey Sandy...nice to know u interested in SIOM.... Your profile is pretty good and is worthy enough for call from any good institute but in any of the profile based colleges u can never b sure of a call untill u get one... because it all depends of the number of responses any college gets, and people with what all kind of profiles have applied. So based on that calls for GD/PI are sent out. So inspite of having good profile you will have to apply to college and keep your fingers crossed ;-))
Do appear for SNAP to stand any chance for SIOM... All the best!

Hey, I am a prospective SIOMite for 2009. But I understand from SIOM alumni that SIOM Director was unceremoneouly removed in May 2008. I was told that he was primarily responsible for SIOM's image todAY. aNY RESPONSE FROM U GUYS.:2gunfire::sarcasm::new_ukliam2:;):argue::-o:laugh::huh:. mY ECISION WOULD DEPEND ON YR RESPONSE
:bigear:

Hey, I am a prospective SIOMite for 2009. But I understand from SIOM alumni that SIOM Director was unceremoneouly removed in May 2008. I was told that he was primarily responsible for SIOM's image todAY. aNY RESPONSE FROM U GUYS.:2gunfire::sarcasm::new_ukliam2:;):argue::-o:laugh::huh:. mY ECISION WOULD DEPEND ON YR RESPONSE

Hey there....nice to know your interest in SIOM...Though this has nothing to do with admission procedure, let me clarify it for once...
I don know from where have you got such kind of information. But let me assure you, there has been no incidents in SIOM till date which can be termed in words put in by you. The fact is "First director of SIOM was with institute for 3 years and then he quit for his personal reasons." Thats the end of the story. So I guess, nowhere will you find words like "unceremoneouly", "removed", "fight" in this turn of event.

So now getting back to work, whats your query on admission?? 😉
Observer2008 Says
Hey, I am a prospective SIOMite for 2009. But I understand from SIOM alumni that SIOM Director was unceremoneouly removed in May 2008. I was told that he was primarily responsible for SIOM's image todAY.

Can you tell me the source of this information(apart from SIOM alumni). Was it in news, website or newpaper??

SIOM director being removed has no correlation with your admission. I dont get the connection. I think its more of mudslinging attempt on the college rather then a genuine query. Kindly, cross check your source i.e. SIOM senior.

Good to know your interest in SIOM.
Although Shree has already replied to your query, yet I would like to throw some further light on this.
Director's term is of 3 years duration in SIOM. And previous director had completed 3 years at SIOM. And do you call the completion of term for a particular position as removal from that position?
Anyways, this thread is not meant for discussing these affairs. Hope you will understand this. You can ask any query related to admission process and we would be pleased to reply.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is the eligibility criterion for MBA (Operations)?
Engineering Graduates from recognized university with minimum 50% aggregate marks (all years put together) or equivalent grades are eligible. SC/ST candidates with minimum 45% aggregate marks (all years put together) or equivalent grades are eligible. Graduates who have done their engineering from part time or distance learning or correspondence courses are not eligible.

Is it a fully residential course?
Yes

What are the placement statistics?
Placement figures for 2006-2008 batch are as follows:
Average Domestic Salary: 7.1 LPA
Average Domestic Salary for Laterals: 8+ LPA (20+ months of work-ex)
Highest Domestic Salary: 12.25 LPA
To know more, refer to URL: SIOM - Symbiosis Institute Of Operations Management
What is the present fee structure?
Fee for 2-year course for present batch is 5.18 LPA (including hostel charges, mess charges, books etc.)

Does the fee include fee required for APICS, Six Sigma and SAP?
APICS fees are not included as this exam is optional but Six Sigma and SAP fees are included

If the candidate is married is there any special facility provided?
No- If he/she has to stay outside still has to pay the full fees. No concession will be given and also should maintain the rules and regulations of the Institute including attendance, No vehicle allowed inside the campus.

Is SNAP mandatory? Do you consider CET or any other exam scores?
SNAP exam is mandatory - no other entrance exam will be considered

Is there any explicit preference given for candidates with work experience?
One of the many parameters for short listing will be the work experience

Are laptops provided by the college?
Institute do not provide the laptops, the candidate can purchase on his own if he/she thinks so and the institute will felicitate the negotiations.

Are students joining under Management Quota are eligible for placements?
Yes

Are students joining under Industry Sponsored category are eligible for placements?
Institute will not offer the campus placement for Industry Sponsored category students.

There was no reason for u guys to get so much upset about the issue of SIOM Director raised. I know it becomes a sensitie issue. I know many more things about what your alumni has say about the whole affair with evidences. All of them u may not enjoy hearing. It appears that u have a wrong info about the SIOM Director's exit. I have verified the real reasons from one of the Symbiosis managing committe members in Pune and just expiry of contract is not the only reason. Anyway let us stop this issue here as it will be very painful for u guys.

Also check with Director SCMHRD; he knows the inside story. (I swear for thi!!!) I have nothing to do with his exit from SIOM; but I am surprised that u students seem to be conviniently indifferent.

Observer2008 Says
There was no reason for u guys to get so much upset about the issue of SIOM Director raised. I know it becomes a sensitie issue. I know many more things about what your alumni has say about the whole affair with evidences. All of them u may not enjoy hearing. It appears that u have a wrong info about the SIOM Director's exit. I have verified the real reasons from one of the Symbiosis managing committe members in Pune and just expiry of contract is not the only reason. Anyway let us stop this issue here as it will be very painful for u guys.

hahaha...Mr/Ms Observer, issue being sensitive or not this is not the right forum to throw this up. As you might have read, the title of the thread is "ADMISSION2009-11". So that should suffice any confusion on your mind. May be you landed up at wrong place with wrong questions.

Firstly, I study here and am part of this institute so I can assure you, I know a lot more things then you can even claim to know. So get your facts (or so called sources for those) straight. And belive me I will be least interested in knowing ur version of "TRUE STORY" or "evidence" for the same.

Secondly, if u know too much abt symbi and hv links where u "claim" u hv, then I don think theres any need for you to be in any of these Symbi forums. Guess you wasting your time and more importantly wasting PG resources which, on any given time, can be put to a lot more constructive use then on a "debate competiton" on a imaginary ficton of somebody's mind.

And for the last time, if you havent noticed or realised it till now then a very GENTEL Reminder :idea:

this is ADMISSION QUERY THREADfor SIOM and not any dispute settlement forum. :argue: Nothing personal man. Peace!!

So, let me get an assurance, your next post on this thread (if at all any) should be regarding any admission procedure.

Adios...All the best!!!
Observer2008 Says

We dont mind discussing it on PG as long as the source is authentic or you can prove the same to me or any other Mod via PM.
Please try to understand that this is a very sensitive issue, and we have to be absolutely sure about the story/proof before we can allow any further discussion on this topic.

So if you can give sufficient evidence to me or any other Mod, you can be allowed to continue the discussion else it will be classified as mudslinging.

Your identity will be kept as confidential.

@ Moderators,

The user 'observer2008' has joined yesterday and he has posted all 5 times only on SIOM threads and only about his version of the SIOM director's story. This is clearly an attempt to bring bad name to the institute.
Till the time user proves his version of the story, we request you to ban the user from posting on SIOM threads.

Well!!! Well!! Well!!

A new thread of SIOM admissions 2009, not even two pages through and a lot of drama has already unfolded here... Looks like quite a rocking start to this thread this year...

the 1st controversy already on its way from Observer2008 and two posts from a moderator in the first two pages itself... hmmm.... interesting... very interesting....
i didnt expect mud slinging to start so early... Looks like we have am interesting year ahead...

to all the well wishers of SIOM here is wht i have to say: there is an old saying "When people start defaming u, it means u are progressing" so keep the momentum going... we have lot more to achieve

To Rmbt
Dude thanks for intervening at the right time before this shot into a bigger controversy

To Observer2008
Man i respect ur views and ur hunger for more reviews... but dude ur admission decission should be based on SIOMs performance and not any "Board room decisions"... how, why, wht symbiosis mangement does doesnt deter SIOM students from its path to progress cause its the students of SIOM which has created a name for SIOM and not jus our director.. ur alumini friends will vough for tht... so relax...

Then the info comin from the top mangement of Symbi Pune has not been so trustworthy as u claim cause then u wouldnt have found the need to post tht question here cause i belive the management guy should ideally be more trustworthy for u.. i belive ur doubt in his or her words itself proves otherwise..

i dont know wht ur intention of posting tht question here was but i request u too keep symbi board room details out of this thread and concentrate more on SIOMs performance...

The previous director was a respected man here and lets respect tht!!!!
hope this is the end of discussion on this topic for u as well as everybody else...

Regards

D

Hi varun and sree...

So the baton has finally passed... u guys have taken over and taken over fantastically...

keep up the good work guys...

will join u whenever i can...

all the best

regards
D

Ya D&G...its; surely gona be interesting year ahead... and to start new thread in this manner just gives the glimps of excitement lying ahead 😉 Hopefully u will b always available on this new thread to experience the fun urslef...:-)

First of all Greetings on account of Ganesh Chaturthi to all @SIOM.

My apologies for the contents of my post. The comments were actually factual and not fictional; however they were more of emotions as SIOM former Director Mr. Joshi is like my uncle. My father was his close colleague in NITIE. I recently came to know the whole story and I was bit upset as I know him very closely.

Friends, my interntion was never to malign the SIOM image. After all, he has given his mind, soul and body in bring it up to the present level for 3 years. I will always be a well wisher of SIOM and recommend all those who join this great institute.

hi...m fresher,,....finishd B.E. mechanical......let me start wit a query...apart 4m abov issues..!!!.....i wan2 enter banking sector....so can u pls temme ..is SIOM best place 4 my interest....???