SIOM [2012-2014] GE-PI Discussions

Hey Everyone! Request everyone to use this thread for GE-PI discussions & General queries pertaining to the steps leading to the GE-PI process. Warm Regards & All the Best to All…

Hey Everyone!

Request everyone to use this thread for GE-PI discussions & General queries pertaining to the steps leading to the GE-PI process.

Warm Regards & All the Best to All...

Hey Puys,

For all the people coming from Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad,

Modes of transport from Secunderabad.

1. 4 trains to Manmad in evening, through which you shall reach Manmad in the morning and its an hour's journey from Manmad to Nashik.

2. 1 train, Devagiri express from SCJN ( at 12:30 P.M.) to Nashik (2 30 A.M.).

Reach Point: Nashik station, travel time from Nashik station to SIOM : 45 mins.

1. Abundant connectivity through private transport and APSRTC to Shiridi, which is one night journey till Shiridi and a couple of hours to Nashik from Shiridi.

Reach Point: Mumbai Naka, travel time from Nashik to SIOM : 20 mins.

P.S. People coming from Vijayawada:
Please do check about a daily train that runs from Vijayawada to Shiridi.

Start preparing Puys,

ATB :)
Shashanka Yerabaty,
MBA 11-13, SIOM.

Hi Puys,

If therez any problem regarding the confirmation mail or confirmation letter pls do send all your details to [email protected] .

Pls login again in SIOM website, check your result and enter your DOB to take the print out of the confirmation letter.

Shashanka Yerabaty,
MBA 11-13, SIOM.

Hi Puys,

If therez any problem regarding the confirmation mail or confirmation letter pls do send all your details to [email protected] .

Pls login again in SIOM website, check your result and enter your DOB to take the print out of the confirmation letter.

Shashanka Yerabaty,
MBA 11-13, SIOM.

i have a problem in the email id field...my primary id is quoted as my home phone number (dad's) and my secondary id is quoted as my primary email id... what do i need to mention in the mail ??
azuri Says
i have a problem in the email id field...my primary id is quoted as my home phone number (dad's) and my secondary id is quoted as my primary email id... what do i need to mention in the mail ??

as of now just keep a printout of the mail
azuri Says

Mention the same to [email protected] and keep the print out of the email.

Shashanka Yerabaty,
MBA 11-13, SIOM.

What is the cut off?

alright... and seniors please do come out with the gd pi process details and a few tips about the preparation level too.. thanks !!! :)

P.S.: Thanks u seniors the problem has been solved...i can now view my actual email ids both primary and secondary in he confirmation form

How many seats are in the offing this year at SIOM. Can anyone throw some light on it.

I've been shortlisted for GE-PI.I'm a fresher 2011 pass-out and Electrical&Electronics; engineer
So how should i prepare for GE-PI.what kind of exercises do they usually give and which sort of questions can we expect in interview as SIOM is exclusively for operations.Is it more technical ?

santhoshcat2011 Says
How many seats are in the offing this year at SIOM. Can anyone throw some light on it.

A total intake is 120 seats including all reservations.

Shashanka Yerabaty,
MBA 11-13, SIOM.
I've been shortlisted for GE-PI.I'm a fresher 2011 pass-out and Electrical&Electronics; engineer
So how should i prepare for GE-PI.what kind of exercises do they usually give and which sort of questions can we expect in interview as SIOM is exclusively for operations.Is it more technical ?

Hi

It tests analytic skills, your retention capability, attitude and all.

Be honest, work hard - only mantra for freshers.

SHashanka Yerabaty,
MBA 11-13, SIOM.

wrong post

Since there are so many slots in a day, how much time would it take for the process to be over for all the students in a slot ?

Are there any points of shortlisting within the GE/PI itself ? or does everyone go through all the steps ?

thanks sir...one thing more,is there any effect of being a fresher on final placement like package offered or on chances of placement.Do the companies that come to campus prefer work-ex student like is there any minimum work-ex requirement for companies during placement process.what is my chances of placement and at what package?

Hi Folks,
A ready reckoner:

1. A total of 840 applicants have been invited for the GE-PI round, to be held on 11, 12 & 18, 19th of Feb. This includes candidates from SC, ST, DA, & Kashmiri Migrants.

2. There will be no elimination round. Candidates will be attending all the rounds.

3. Please DO NOT forget to bring along all the original documents & their attested photocopies.

4. Also important is to bring along a valid Photo Identity. It can be a Pan Card, Driving License, Passport, Voter ID, Employee ID, among others.

5. We will shortly come up with a list of hotels & lodges nearby the institute.

6. Candidates are required to dress up in proper formals during the process. Tie & Blazers are optional.

7. Every aspirant will be provided with a mentor, to which the aspirant may contact so as to get their queries resolved, & also to guide them through the process.
Since there are so many slots in a day, how much time would it take for the process to be over for all the students in a slot ?

Are there any points of shortlisting within the GE/PI itself ? or does everyone go through all the steps ?

Hi
The process takes around 4-5 hours and every aspirant will go through all the steps.

Prepare well, ATB :-)

Shashanka Yerabaty
MBA 11-13, SIOM.

do they mention waiting list also aftr final results??
upto what rank the students were alloted last year?

Hi Folks,
A ready reckoner:

1. A total of 840 applicants have been invited for the GE-PI round, to be held on 11, 12 & 18, 19th of Feb. This includes candidates from SC, ST, DA, & Kashmiri Migrants.

2. There will be no elimination round. Candidates will be attending all the rounds.

3. Please DO NOT forget to bring along all the original documents & their attested photocopies.

4. Also important is to bring along a valid Photo Identity. It can be a Pan Card, Driving License, Passport, Voter ID, Employee ID, among others.

5. We will shortly come up with a list of hotels & lodges nearby the institute.

6. Candidates are required to dress up in proper formals during the process. Tie & Blazers are optional.

7. Every aspirant will be provided with a mentor, to which the aspirant may contact so as to get their queries resolved, & also to guide them through the process.

can u just help out with the 7th point. it is not clear abt how the procedure mentioned in that point will be worked out.