Singapore MBA-Advise reqired

Hi, I am trying to MBA in Singapore.I have a 1 yr work experience and I have not written a GMAT.I am aiming for Jan 2010 Intake in Singapore.When I approached a consultancy they said I am not eligible to apply for the Public University like N…

Hi,

I am trying to MBA in Singapore.I have a 1 yr work experience and I have not written a GMAT.I am aiming for Jan 2010 Intake in Singapore.When I approached a consultancy they said I am not eligible to apply for the Public University like NUS and Nanyang.
But they said I ll be eligible for the James Cook University,which is an Australian University with Singapore Campus.Now I need to know whrther it will be god to study in the James Cook University or should I look for any other Universities/colleges.If so what are the best colleges and Univ that will suit for me.
I also need to know about the placement opp and the job opp and the campus int in the Universities and colleges.

Thanks in Advance

Yes, most of the school might have already closed their Jan 2010 intake applications. But i would not suggest you to compromise on 3rd tier universities just to get in this Jan. I suggest you take your GMAT and wait for the next intake, i.e., Fall 2010.
The placement rate of even well know reputed b-schools in Singapore are taking a hit due to the current market state. So the situation in non-reputed schools like the one you mentioned would be worse. In Singapore the most well know b-schools would be NUS Business school, INSEAD singapore and Nanyang Business school. If you really want to work in singapore you should consider them instead..

ATB..

Thanks for starting this thread. My profile is as follows:
10 th = 77%
12 th = 73
Btech = 82%
Work Ex= Senior Softwarre Engineer( 3 Years+)
Community Service = Children education adn HIV prevention
Ex Curricular = College event coordinator
GMAT and Toefel= Yet to take in Dec 09
1. The problem is budget. I can't afford more than 12- 15 lakhs. Do I stand any chance to get few good colleges in Singapore.
2. Some of my friends ahev suggested that if u compromise on college reputation ( Due to ur budget) then u might end up not having a job after ur MBA. How true is this?
I am sure most of the guys will have the same problem. So plz pour in ur suggestions( Like getting scholarships and other ways) as to how to manage a good college with this budget so that all of them will be benefited.
Thanks in advance to all of you. Take care.