SIMSREE (Sydenham) 2015-2017 Official Admission Helpdesk

Hi, could you please let me know of the application procedure for OMS (Outside Maharashtra Students)? How many seats are avl. for the same and what was the cutoff last yr or expected cutoff for this year?

Hi, could you please let me know of the application procedure for OMS (Outside Maharashtra Students)? How many seats are avl. for the same and what was the cutoff last yr or expected cutoff for this year?

Hello Aspirants,

We welcome all of you and thank you for your interest in one of the most sought after B-schools in Maharashtra. Through this thread we hope to solve all your queries regarding admissions and various other aspects related to SIMSREE.

SIMSREE is a 30-year old Institution under Govt. of Maharashtra. We are located in the economical capital of India and in the heart of all economic activity at Churchgate.

SIMSREE is an institute that is completely student driven. This enables student development, not just through academics but through over all personality development by involving students in running the college through various committees and forums.

We offer two full time courses:

1. MMS(offered by University of Mumbai)

2. PGDBM(autonomous course offered by SIMSREE).

Please go through http://www.simsree.org and http://simsreeblog.blogspot.in/ for more information.

Feel free to ask any questions (that are within the norms of Pagalguy).

P.S.:- Please do go through the FAQs once. You may find your answer as well as some additional information in those.

FAQs

1. How to apply for SIMSREE?

Admission to SIMSREE is through the Centralised Allotment (CAP round) for both MMS and PGDBM Courses. You are required to give MH-MBACET for 85% Maharashtra Candidates and CMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA etc. Post that you are required to fill in a centralized allotment form with your preferences for various colleges. The details and dates for the same will be available on:

http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/

Process for Admissions:

1. Appear for MH-MBACET (Maharashtra students) or CMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA etc, (All India students).

2. A common application to be filled for all the colleges under DTE i.e. all colleges in Maharashtra. The dates for the sale of this application should be updated on the DTE website. This form would have the login credentials to the DTE website. All the further process information will be available on the website.

3. Once you get the final Score card which includes your written exam, you are required to fill a CAP (Centralized allotment Process) form with your preferences for colleges (Since there is a single process for all the colleges under Maharashtra Government & Universities).

4. There are 3 or 4 CAP rounds by DTE. In the first 2 or 3 rounds by Centralized Allotment the eligible candidates will fill separate Online Option forms for respective rounds. The third or fourth round of CAP shall be conducted by way of counselling only for the eligible Maharashtra State candidates. (The actual process will be announced by DTE.)

5. There will be a last CAP round but it will be a institute level round and institute has the autonomy to decide the criteria to fill the vacant seats after the first three rounds.

Note: The final process will be announced by DTE and differs from year to year.

2. I don't have Maharashtra domicile can I apply?

Students outside Maharashtra can apply for the all India seats. Last year there were 18 All India seats for MMS and 9 All India seats for PGDBM courses

3. What is MMS? Is it the same as PGDBM?

MMS i.e.(Masters in Management studies) is the Management degree offered by University of Mumbai. PGDBM (Post Graduate diploma in Business management) is an autonomous course offered at SIMSREE and it is offered by The Government of Maharashtra. The selection process, curriculum and the placement process for both are the same. There is no difference between both the courses other than a few subjects being different and the degree being offered from different sources.

4. Which Scores are considered at SIMSREE?

The admissions at SIMSREE for both MMS and PGDBM, happens through the CAP. As of now 85% of Maharashtra seats will be filled through CET and 15% All India seats through above mentioned exams.

5. What were the cut-offs last year?

MMS

HU - 99.64

OHU - 99.38

AI - 99.92

PGDBM

Maharashtra students - 99.38

AI - 99.91

The above ranks are for the Open category, please check the DTE website for more details.

6. What is the seat distribution at SIMSREE?

MMS:

HU - General 38, Reserved 46 (includes PH candidates)

OHU - General 9, Reserved 9 (No reservation for PH candidates)

AI - 18 (no Reservations)

PGDBM

Maharashtra state candidates - General 23

Reserved 28 (includes PH candidates)

AI - 9 (no Reservations)

8. What are the tuition and hostel fees per year?

The tuition fee is Rs.69000/- out of which Rs.2000/- is refundable. And the hostel fee is around Rs.8000 per year.

9. Do we need to fill a separate form for PGDBM?

No, the admission for PGDBM at SIMSREE will be through CAP rounds only.

Hi.

could you please let me know of the application procedure for OMS (Outside Maharashtra Students)?

How many seats are available for the same and what was the cutoff last year or expected cutoff for this year?

And whats the procedure, which exam to bi given, am really confused with this CAP round & DTE thing. How to go about it.

dose this clg has reservation for nc obc student belongs to state other than maharastra.??

sir what was the cut off rank last year 

mi rank is 54    99.89 any chances ???

I scored 98.01 % is there any chance is SIMSREE?

MY score is very bad @99%ile exactly

I am outside maharashtra candidate. what colleges can i get

@SIMSREE_Mumbai you said after wring cmat/cat etc we have to fill form at dte , my query is that after feb cmat , would not it be too late to fill the form ,or it is usually done after feb only , 

@SIMSREE_Mumbai  Can you plz provide me information regarding the maharashtra Domicile and a OMS student?

I have done my schooling i.e 10th and 12th outside maharashtra but have done by bachelor degree from university of mumbai.

it would really be helpful if u provide me with information on the same as to under which category do i fall.

@SIMSREE_Mumbai  I have scored 260 with rank 238 and 99.45 percentile. I don't HV a Maharashtra domicile. What are my chances of getting a call?

@SIMSREE_Mumbai Hi, what is expected cut-off for outside maharashtra candidates if they apply via their CAT scores ?

Hi, has the application process for SIMSREE started ? If not, by when is it expected to begin ?

Hi, has the application process for SIMSREE started ? If not, by when is it expected to begin ?

I got 95.68 in CMAT. Any chances of getting shortlisted?

Plz update on Xat and cmat cut off for SIMSREE gen. Category outside Maharashtra candidates?? 

When will the admission process for simsree begin?

Does SIMSREE accepts CAT score? What all score is considered by SIMSREE and how many seats are available for students from other states?

Hi, do we need fill a separate form for SIMSREE?