SIMSREE (Sydenham) 2011-2013 Admission Queries and Suggestions

Hello Friends, Since the management exams season is currently going on and we have CET 2011 lined up in February, We ( SIMSREE ) have started this thread to solve all your doubts regarding admission to SIMSREE (Sydenham Institute of Management S…

Hello Friends,
Since the management exams season is currently going on and we have CET 2011 lined up in February, We ( SIMSREE ) have started this thread to solve all your doubts regarding admission to SIMSREE (Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education), to know the process,to know more about SIMSREE in general, etc.
We have entire team working here to solve your queries. We will make sure that your journey to SIMSREE becomes smoother and easier . So dont keep any stone unturned !!! Feel free and shoot all your queries regarding SIMSREE on this thread and we would be more than happy to answer all of them.
All the best!!!!!!
Cheers!!!!

Hello Friends,
Since the management exams season is currently going on and we have CET 2011 lined up in February, We ( SIMSREE ) have started this thread to solve all your doubts regarding admission to SIMSREE (Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education), to know the process,to know more about SIMSREE in general, etc.
We have entire team working here to solve your queries. We will make sure that your journey to SIMSREE becomes smoother and easier . So dont keep any stone unturned !!! Feel free and shoot all your queries regarding SIMSREE on this thread and we would be more than happy to answer all of them.
All the best!!!!!!
Cheers!!!!

Thanks Sandesh for making the Thread!!!

People, this is going to be our full-fledged thread dedicated to unscrambling your queries, issues, doubts regarding your CET Exam, doubts regarding CAP allotment, SIMSREE as an institution and many more.:grin:

We will try to be satisfactory and a one-stop solution to all your doubts. We will try to make this place an intense ground of discussion. So let your doubts free on this Thread and every possible doubt shall be treated with absolute gravity!!!

Can you tell me about the PGDM course @ Simsree as compared to its MMS

Rooney7 Says
Can you tell me about the PGDM course @ Simsree as compared to its MMS

Dear Friend

At SIMSREE there is no difference between MMS and PG . At SIMSREE both PG and MMS batches (120 students ) sit together for lectures , have same faculty , have same subjects with same syllabus ,so dont worry about MMS or PG ...just get in to sydenham . We have best students from all over India studying at SIMSREE for MMS as well as PG courses . Dont worry about any kind of distinction among students at SIMSREE . For placements also no distinction is made among students , students from both the batches are eligible for every company that comes to the campus . Any kind of distinction is not allowed as per college norms and rules.

I do have 3 queries -

1. Does SIMSREE accept CAT scores or just MHCET scores ?
2. How are the placements for last batch (avg. sal/international placements/profile etc)
3. What score is good in MHCET to get into SIMSREE?

Hello seniors,

Plz tell me dat whether SIMSREE considers any other exam scores or not..

Hello seniors,

Plz tell me dat whether SIMSREE considers any other exam scores or not..

Buddy!

SIMSREE is a College under which you get allotment via the MBA-CET scores, which again u get via
CET examination + GDPI
or
CAT Scores + GDPI

Thus u have the option of being very good at CAT and go through CET procedures for making it to SIMSREE...!:grin:

Dear Himspuy
1. Does SIMSREE accept CAT scores or just MHCET scores ?
SIMSREE accepts cat scorres only for OMS quota . If you are Maharashtra student and your cat score is good enough then you can compete for OMS quota .

2. How are the placements for last batch (avg. sal/international placements/profile etc)
For last year (2008-10) it was approx 8.5 lacs .Check the link http://simsree.org/exeplacement10.html . This year also placement scenario is good . Profiles are at par with what is offered at the best B schools .We have very dedicated placement committee which makes sure that students get good profiles and their dream jobs .

3. What score is good in MHCET to get into SIMSREE?
SIMSREE is one of the best and getting in to SIMSREE is not that easy . You will have to score above 160/200 to get in to SIMSREE .I will put up last years official cut offs soon .

1.what is the total fees?
2.is the program residential?
3.when will the application forms be available?

1. Fees is 69000 p.a.
2. SIMSREE does provide hostel facility to outstation students.
3. Visit this link for details and updates about MHCET. The admissions to SIMSREE are done through the CAP rounds of CET. www.dte.org.in/mba

i wanted to know that do i need to apply separately if i want to apply through CAT?

abhadani Says
i wanted to know that do i need to apply separately if i want to apply through CAT?

As Per the Rules of DTE,

If you wish to apply only through CAT, then you have to compulsorily register for CET. You will not be issued any Hall Ticket but will be given a GDPI date. And you will be eligible for the CAP round after appropraite conversion of your Scores from CAT to CET + your GDPI scores...

You should keep the print of the Application form for further reference!

More details will be provided in the brochure of 2011 examination!

What is the CAT cut off score?

Um expecting 90+.. Any chance?
And when do we have to apply if i want to go through CAT?

expect to get thru cat only if you have 97+, you will also take part in cap rounds

HI...the CAT scores %ile are converted directly into cet score %ile...
For eg: If you get 99%ile in CAT..it is equivalent to 99%ile in CET..
Now what this does is a person can never get through simsree or jbims through MMS(thru CAT) coz if u are a 99.5%iler then u would rather be busy for IIM's convert than preparing for cet

Last year Home University students, open category cutoffs was 185/240.

Dte website for Mba 2010-2012
Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai

You can check other cutoffs on this page:
MBA/MMS/PGDBM CAP Allotment Lists 2010-11

PS: i am not in Sydhneham but tried to give my 2 cents here :)

Regards,
Dhairyesh
Rooney7 Says
expect to get thru cat only if you have 97+, you will also take part in cap rounds

So do we need to apply separately to college or not? Or giving mahcet will suffice?
avinashkrjha Says
So do we need to apply separately to college or not? Or giving mahcet will suffice?

If u applying thru cet...u have to take the forms...do online application...give the exam..wait for the results..after results are out...fill the cap rounds..u have to fill the college name in CAP rounds..there is no seperate forms for Simsree ( i guess)..

U can also opt out not giving cet n applying thru cat..
If u applying thru ONLY CAT:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/mat-state-level-cet-related/61175-simsree-sydenham-2011-2013-admission.html#post2407701

PS: Pls read above post before posting..Its not too long a thread No offense.

Hope it helps :cheers:

Regards,
Dhairyesh

Hi
how can people which are of OMS or outside maharashtra state category get into SYNEHDREM?

Hi,

1. How do one apply for PG course, do i need to apply it separately or its also done through CAP rounds itself?

2. Wht r the specialization offered @ SIMSREE.

Thnks in Advance!!!