SIMSR -- Any guidance needed plz feel free to contact

hi Well hello folks who have given CAT this year.I hope that all of u have done their best . Anyways i am Manu Mittal in the first year at SIMSR. People who have applied to simsr and need any help as with respect to their quries do ask them. …

hi
Well hello folks who have given CAT this year.I hope that all of u have done their best .
Anyways i am Manu Mittal in the first year at SIMSR. People who have applied to simsr and need any help as with respect to their quries do ask them.

Manu Mittal

Hi Manu,

1. COULD YOU THROW SOME LIGHT ON THE KIND OF PLACEMENTS SCENARIO AT SIMSR....avg. salary,highest etc...especially to fellas who opt for marketing
  2. wERE thr any foriegn offers this year?
  3. How far is it behind JBIMS/SPJAIN/Wellingkars??Especially,as most B-school rankings place it much lower....(plz. honest opinion dude )
  4. Why is it that the cut off % is so low for SIMSR..the website indicates b/w 80-88....is it the case tht they...f**k ur balls during interviews???
Plz answer the above queries and I'll give you half of my kingdom!!:wow:

The place ment scenario...thats what everyones worried abt isn it! SIMSR places its students at an average salary of 4.5 lacs for pg students (thats thru CAT).THe MMS guys who come thru Maharashtra CET bring the AVG down..If u planning to come to simsr thru CAT or IIFT test...then its a great place n u dun hafta worry about the placement...The 2ndyear batch this year is expected to take the avg salary up by a li'l bit....when ur batch arrives u can expect more than that i guess...The MUMBAI factor is a big thing here...When the last batch arrived the cut off was 88.5 percentile...for u we expect it to be in the region of 90.

Hi Manu,

1. COULD YOU THROW SOME LIGHT ON THE KIND OF PLACEMENTS SCENARIO AT SIMSR....avg. salary,highest etc...especially to fellas who opt for marketing
  2. wERE thr any foriegn offers this year?
  3. How far is it behind JBIMS/SPJAIN/Wellingkars??Especially,as most B-school rankings place it much lower....(plz. honest opinion dude )
  4. Why is it that the cut off % is so low for SIMSR..the website indicates b/w 80-88....is it the case tht they...f**k ur balls during interviews???
Plz answer the above queries and I'll give you half of my kingdom!!:wow:

SIMSR is behing SP jain n Jamnalal Bajaj...but please dun compare ur with wellingar...we are far ahead than them

the SIMSR prospectus says that around 70-75% of the batch has a decent enuff work ex.

does that imply that SIMSR has a preference for work -ex guys? regarding placements...if the majority of the batch has work ex, they'll fare better than freshers? (its not a statement ...rather its a question)?

is SIMSR considering an upgrade of infra..new building, labs...etc etc ?

shanoo_simsr Says
When the last batch arrived the cut off was 88.5 percentile...for u we expect it to be in the region of 90.

considering this year's CAT score...what according to u, will be the cutoff for SIMSR.....can we put it at 30??????:huh:

is thr ne kind of sectional cut-off????if yes...are they equal to the ones tht IIMs hv and if lower...then by how much...

thnx:grab:

Wud a 25-30 overall score stand a chance for a call from SIMSR? Also can u tell us if there are any sectional cutoff's and if so how much cud the va cutoff be? if someone can throw some light on what were the least percentiles in the last batch it'll be really helpful.

hello everybody
Well let me answer all your queries

1.I feel that the cutoff will be about 85 percentile

2.Scores of 30 means about 87-90 percentile so this i a good enough score.

3.As such there is no precise sectional cut offs but you must have about 5-8 marks in all sections

4.As far as the workex issue,the general preference of people with workex are prefered but not very many additional weightages.Also in simsr almost 60 percent are with workex thats true.I myself am an fresher and can see rest 40% to be freshers.Stop worrying on this area.

5.yes,simsr is going for a major revamp of all it's infrastructure as with respect to the classrooms and other facilities.

6.I think the placement scenaro is good enough for us but no foreign placements.Well and the marketing guys :whatthat: get good placement better than the average.As with respect to the CTC(cost to company) placement salary is about 4.3 lakhs.The hghest was about 6.5 lakhs

7.wellinkars and jbims are far behind us as you can also see in the ranks.As with respect to SP Jain there more preference for workex guys makes it more successfull.
(This is a sinciere piece of advice - if u get a call from SP jain try to convert it)

8.The Interviews as well as the GD are very cool dont worry at all.

Keep writing for more info

Bye for now

Manu Mittal

hey manu...
i've got an overall score of about 34...and a friend of mine has 35.
my break up is:

va:18.5
di: 13.5
qa: 1.5/ 2

while my friend has roughly da same marks...he's managed to score a zero ( 0 ) in qa...should we apply?

Hey Engr_Manu
Thanks a ton for clearing my doubts dude! Also SIMSR unlike most of the institutes has placed the deadline for applications to be Dec 30. So we can wait for the results and then apply accordingly.

hello everybody
Well let me answer all your queries

1.I feel that the cutoff will be about 85 percentile

2.Scores of 30 means about 87-90 percentile so this i a good enough score.

3.As such there is no precise sectional cut offs but you must have about 5-8 marks in all sections

4.As far as the workex issue,the general preference of people with workex are prefered but not very many additional weightages.Also in simsr almost 60 percent are with workex thats true.I myself am an fresher and can see rest 40% to be freshers.Stop worrying on this area.

5.yes,simsr is going for a major revamp of all it's infrastructure as with respect to the classrooms and other facilities.

6.I think the placement scenaro is good enough for us but no foreign placements.Well and the marketing guys :whatthat: get good placement better than the average.As with respect to the CTC(cost to company) placement salary is about 4.3 lakhs.The hghest was about 6.5 lakhs

7.wellinkars and jbims are far behind us as you can also see in the ranks.As with respect to SP Jain there more preference for workex guys makes it more successfull.
(This is a sinciere piece of advice - if u get a call from SP jain try to convert it)

8.The Interviews as well as the GD are very cool dont worry at all.

Keep writing for more info

Bye for now

Manu Mittal

hi manu .good thread .well my scores are as follows

EU - 17 to 23 (depending on the key
QA - 8.66
DI - 4.33
do let me know whether i ll get a call or ont .i also have a wokex of 2 months.last year one of my friends had a 5.33 in di and he did get a call .so wat do u think wid this years paper being tough n cutoffs goin down .can i expect a call .do reply

7.wellinkars and jbims are far behind us as you can also see in the ranks.
Manu Mittal

May i know which Rankings are you referring, where JBIMS was Ranked below KJSOM

I know JBIMS do not participate in many rankings, but i doubt it was ever placed below KJSOM in any of the rankings

Also just check out in your batch if there's someone who left JBIMS for KJSOM and do let us know

Regards,
Jamil Ansari
Batch - 2006
JBIMS
May i know which Rankings are you referring, where JBIMS was Ranked below KJSOM

I know JBIMS do not participate in many rankings, but i doubt it was ever placed below KJSOM in any of the rankings

Also just check out in your batch if there's someone who left JBIMS for KJSOM and do let us know

Regards,
Jamil Ansari
Batch - 2006
JBIMS

Well, if someone did leave JBIMS for KJSOM, by any chance, then that guy would certainly warrant a psychiatric evaluation.

hi folks,
i m afraid that such a low score of quant will probably not be shortlisted but still you have a decent enough score. the citeria for the sections change every year acco. to the paper.

bye for now
manu

my scores are like this

QA 10.67

VA RC 15.67

DI 18

TOTAL 44.33

IS IT OK

hey buddy
i think your score is very gud .
Keep up the spirit and you will surely get a call.
bye for now
manu mittal:wow: :wink:

I have seen the SIMSR website and here it has been mentioned that a a candidate's work experience is considered only if he is working in a public listed company...

i am working in a MNC which has its head quarters in USA. its not a listed company. i think its going to be listed in 2007.

I am wondering whether my exp will be counted in simsr or not

i have 1.5 yrs of exp and earning a good amount of salary.

guys from simsr help us out, what does simsr excatly mean when they mention abt these public listed companies

thanks in advance

Hi
Can u tell me in what field are u having workex?
See it frequently happens that the workex quoted is false.So to eliminate this the clause has been added.Dont worry apply as per planned and u can mention about your workex in the interview.
Manu Mittal