SIMSR aka K.J. Somaiya launches two new full time AICTE approved programs!!

SIMSR proudly announces the launch of two new full time AICTE approved programs!! Executive PGDM - a 15 months intensive full time program targeted at working executives with at least 5 years of experience PGDM (Financial Services) - a two yea…

SIMSR proudly announces the launch of two new full time AICTE approved programs!!
Executive PGDM - a 15 months intensive full time program targeted at working executives with at least 5 years of experience
PGDM (Financial Services) - a two year full time program targeted at people interested in capital markets and other financial services!!

Watch out this space for more!!!

SIMSR proudly announces the launch of two new full time AICTE approved programs!!
Executive PGDM - a 15 months intensive full time program targeted at working executives with at least 5 years of experience
PGDM (Financial Services) - a two year full time program targeted at people interested in capital markets and other financial services!!

Watch out this space for more!!!

How will the placements will be conducted for PGDM (FS), will they be with core PGDM..???

Hi Joy,

I have a work ex of 44 months. I am currently working in an IT company.Is the 2 yr PGDM(FS) good option for me ? Or should I wait for the completion of 5 yrs to opt for the Executive mba course. Please suggest.Are the packages offered better for laterals or does it remain almost the same?

Also I gave CAT dis yr.Didnt score well though.Im I eligible for the 2 yr PGDM(FS).Is there a cut off?

Besides could you please provide me some more info abt the admission procedure etc. The link on your official website is not responding.

Eagerly awaiting a response. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Meher

Nishi123 Says
How will the placements will be conducted for PGDM (FS), will they be with core PGDM..???

Yup they wld b!!!
Hi Joy,

I have a work ex of 44 months. I am currently working in an IT company.Is the 2 yr PGDM(FS) good option for me ? Or should I wait for the completion of 5 yrs to opt for the Executive mba course. Please suggest.Are the packages offered better for laterals or does it remain almost the same?

Also I gave CAT dis yr.Didnt score well though.Im I eligible for the 2 yr PGDM(FS).Is there a cut off?

Besides could you please provide me some more info abt the admission procedure etc. The link on your official website is not responding.

Eagerly awaiting a response. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Meher

Meher,
If you are intrested in Finance then it would be a very good option for you!!
Right now there is no cutoff as such..I dnt thnk there wld b any pre decided cutoff as its a new course...It would be decided based on the interviews only!!
The application link is open now for the 2 yr program:
SIMSR 2 yr FS program
The institute website is:
K J Somaiya

What is the fees?

Rooney7 Says
What is the fees?

Tuition fee for FS 2 yr program
Rs 2,00,000 / year
Tuition fee for Exec 1 yr program
Rs 3,00,000 / year

Hostel Fee
83500 / year
Rs 2,00,000
Rs 3,00,000

Hostel Fee

thanx mate, one more question, is it a residential course, the fs one?
Rooney7 Says
thanx mate, one more question, is it a residential course, the fs one?

yup it is residential...
Rs 2,00,000
Rs 3,00,000

Hostel Fee

2 lacs per year or for 2 years.and ppl who had already applied for PGDM need to apply again

Hi Joy sir,
Since the classes for PGDM and PGDM(IB) have been started already, how FS is going to cope up with those courses?
is is similar to PGDM -Finance.??

ijas47 Says
2 lacs per year or for 2 years.and ppl who had already applied for PGDM need to apply again

Yup u need to apply again
All the fees quoted are for 1 year..
Hi Joy sir,
Since the classes for PGDM and PGDM(IB) have been started already, how FS is going to cope up with those courses?
is is similar to PGDM -Finance.??

Y shd PG and IB class have any impact on FS classes?
Nope its diff from PG Fin..

Y shd PG and IB class have any impact on FS classes?
Nope its diff from PG Fin..

as u said that placements shd be with PGDM core n IB, so we shd finish the course with them...thats why I asked this questn..

But Joy I called at SIMSR today and the lady said that those who have already applied for PGDM/IB need not apply again ., and the shortlist would be out by 22nd of July.

So, what should we do now ? and if we need to apply again then what is the last day for registration.
Nishi123 Says
as u said that placements shd be with PGDM core n IB, so we shd finish the course with them...thats why I asked this questn..

yar placements are a continuous process..it starts in Oct every yr...and joining is in july next yr..nyhow we wld finish by then.. ;)
But Joy I called at SIMSR today and the lady said that those who have already applied for PGDM/IB need not apply again ., and the shortlist would be out by 22nd of July.

So, what should we do now ? and if we need to apply again then what is the last day for registration.

Ya i just went and had a talk with the Director regarding this.
You can apply with the PGDM id and password.
Now if u apply with ur PGDM or IB id and password then the marks you scored in PGDM/IB GD/PI would be taken.
Since none of you know how much it was so i would suggest apply fresh for btr chances.. 😉

Ya i just went and had a talk with the Director regarding this.
You can apply with the PGDM id and password.
Now if u apply with ur PGDM or IB id and password then the marks you scored in PGDM/IB GD/PI would be taken.
Since none of you know how much it was so i would suggest apply fresh for btr chances.. ;)

Uhm.. still leaves some space of confusion , do we still need to register and pay ?
The one in the office said we are not required to do anything and just check the list which will be out on 22nd July.
Uhm.. still leaves some space of confusion , do we still need to register and pay ?
The one in the office said we are not required to do anything and just check the list which will be out on 22nd July.

You need to register..
If u wana register using PGDM /IB ID use it to log in and finish the process.no payment would be required. your old GD/PI scores would be valid!!
Else register afresh and pay the fee and get fresh marks 😉 ...

you wont b considered without registration thru either way

in the online application form... only one of the xat cat and mhcet can be opted... what should i do.. i have 90.65 in xat and 96.97 in mhcet... i don't know if scores will be rationalized ..

shrutzvilla Says
in the online application form... only one of the xat cat and mhcet can be opted... what should i do.. i have 90.65 in xat and 96.97 in mhcet... i don't know if scores will be rationalized ..

yes only 1 of the scores would be accepted!!
go for MHCET.. it wnt b rationalized i thnk..

How does the program compare with the PGDM ( finance) program?