SIMS GD/PI Experience 2008

Hi Guys, SIMS GD/PI rounds have started today, hope the people who’ve attended will share their experiences with the fellow Puys !! :: :: Its time we start discussing GD/PI experiences cheers!

Hi Guys,

SIMS GD/PI rounds have started today, hope the people who've attended will share their experiences with the fellow Puys !!

Its time we start discussing GD/PI experiences

cheers!

Hi Guys,

SIMS GD/PI rounds have started today, hope the people who've attended will share their experiences with the fellow Puys !!

Its time we start discussing GD/PI experiences

cheers!

where's every one chaitanya??????

No experience till now.....!! Cummon ppl ur post cud be of gr8 help for others....!

hi people.
this is my first ever reply on pagalguy.com.

Well its gonna b the first of many things...first gd/pi ever. i landed in pune today early morn. n i believe i'm one of the youngest qualifiers for gd/pi in terms of career prospects. i'm in B.E right now.have never faced a gd ever so i request all those who've been thru it earlier n even in today's round...please share your experiences with us. this is on behalf of all the others who wish the same.

i'm in batch CM1 between 8;15 n 9;15 am slot on 2nd feb. i saw two other guys on gdpi connect...for the same group....plz get in touch wid me if u get to knw nythin abt this year's gdpi.thanks guys....n alll the best to those who have their's tmrw !!be confident n clear abt ur views.

please gimme some idea abt the presentation.i just found out abt it today n will b makin it tmrw.shd it b formal or just a casual intro abt me...? won't salwar kameez b more comfortable than a saree??do reply...
ciao.

All the best to everyone...keep this thread posted with your experiences!
I have my GD on 5th...

hey crossroads..
salwar would definitely be comfy...its just that when the rest will be wearing a saree one would look ...lets say different from the lot.

the dress code is formal... business suit or saree... but last year there was a girl who wore salwar... and she had her reasons..
@a_mohanta
which batch are you in ...am in the fm2 ... good to see one more :-)

all the best for the rest....

guys, as per my deductions, all those from defense open category.......have to just get, the original documents ie X,XII,marksheets & if at all.........certis . do we need to get photocopies of the documents ???

hi puys!
posting smthng afer a long time on PaGaLGuY.:
U must not hv seen me here...:razz:
A Few Ques...
Anbd on 3rd FEB??
A sari isnt compulsory right?? A Formal Suit OK?
Thanks...
Anbd with GD?PI experiences?????
;)

hey crossroads..
salwar would definitely be comfy...its just that when the rest will be wearing a saree one would look ...lets say different from the lot.

the dress code is formal... business suit or saree... but last year there was a girl who wore salwar... and she had her reasons..
@a_mohanta
which batch are you in ...am in the fm2 ... good to see one more :-)

all the best for the rest....

hi all.
well reshma i guess u r rite abt the dress code..don't want stand out in the crowd atleast in dis regard.;). i'm in group CM1 on 2nd feb.the time given to me is 0800hrs n i have to report 45min b4 dat...??gosh...wid pune's traffic i'll have to leave at 0700hrs to reach on time. m not a mornin person.

well here's wot i got to knw abt dis years gdpi frm a senior in sims...

1. in all dere r 5 activities. they have added a GROUP ACTIVITY and a PSYCHOMETRY TEST BEFORE the CASE STUDY(GD) n 2 INTERVIEWS(not xactly tech n hr). we might b asked to give our PPT during the interview. advice: be confident n truthful.

2. girls wearin sarees wud have a better impression than ones in salwar kameez. saree is the ideal formal choice.

3. i don't knw nethin abt psychometry test...those who do,please share it wid us. guys who've been thru gdpi...why aren't u tellin us abt it???it would really help in dis last hour...atleast it will boost our confidence levels or will decide where we actuallly stand.

4. keep the PPT a bit formal...dont use slangs n avoid college lingo.

5. if i come to knw nethin else....will post it today eve.as tmrw's my D-day.wish me luck guys.
6. if nethin comes up that ought to b known..call me on 020-27672500.
7. as far as Docs are considered.i don't have my originals as thy're wid my college.if asked,i'll tell them the same.i'm carryin all xerox wid me i.e. (10th,12th marksheet,my engg marksheets frm 1st-6th sem,7th sem result is awaited,a copy of my SOP,SNAPadmit card,PHOTO id proof- college id,driving license n dependent card wud do)..tell me do we have to take our resume too?i dont have mine. let me knw so that i can make it while there's time.

will let u all knw abt my gdpi.....wait for my nex post tmrw evenin... cya guys n loads of luck n confidence boost to all...! have no fear.
hi all.
well reshma i guess u r rite abt the dress code..don't want stand out in the crowd atleast in dis regard.;). i'm in group CM1 on 2nd feb.the time given to me is 0800hrs n i have to report 45min b4 dat...??gosh...wid pune's traffic i'll have to leave at 0700hrs to reach on time. m not a mornin person.

1. in all dere r 5 activities. they have added a GROUP ACTIVITY and a PSYCHOMETRY TEST BEFORE the CASE STUDY(GD) n 2 INTERVIEWS(not xactly tech n hr). we might b asked to give our PPT during the interview. advice: be confident n truthful.

2. girls wearin sarees wud have a better impression than ones in salwar kameez. saree is the ideal formal choice.

3. i don't knw nethin abt psychometry test...those who do,please share it wid us. guys who've been thru gdpi...why aren't u tellin us abt it???it would really help in dis last hour...atleast it will boost our confidence levels or will decide where we actuallly stand.

5. if i come to knw nethin else....will post it today eve.as tmrw's my D-day.wish me luck guys.
7. as far as Docs are considered.i don't have my originals as thy're wid my college.if asked,i'll tell them the same.i'm carryin all xerox wid me i.e. (10th,12th marksheet,my engg marksheets frm 1st-6th sem,7th sem result is awaited,a copy of my SOP,SNAPadmit card,PHOTO id proof- college id,driving license n dependent card wud do)..tell me do we have to take our resume too?i dont have mine. let me knw so that i can make it while there's time.

will let u all knw abt my gdpi.....wait for my nex post tmrw evenin... cya guys n loads of luck n confidence boost to all...! have no fear.

crossroads
All the best !!!!:biggrin:
hi all.

Hi Guys,

Psychometry test is an assessment abt your complete personality.

The test would consist of several yes/no questions and it'll be online.

We have to be very careful regarding wht you mark in Yes/No terms as the following questions keep changing according to your replies!!

Another basic objective of the changing questions is - If you are trying to fake your personality!!

Watch out for the changing questions as they'll actually be the one of the same questions which had been asked earlier but rephrased cuz it tries to catch contradictory answers.

In the end,once you click the submit button.The system scores you on the certain parameters that the institute is looking for and saves it.

And remember, the parameters would be in front of the interview panel and they'll scrutinize you on those particular personality traits.

well, thts all about psychometric tests.

ciao

hey guys do go thru the sibm gd/pi experiences 2008thread.The procedure's same dere too. n sibm guys have posted their experiences so far...(sims ppl seekho unsey.)
u'll get an idea abt case study, grp activity n psychometry test from their posts.do read it...its a must.:razz:
n thanks for ur instant reply chaitanya.;)

hey crossroads...

thank you for the input.... somethings better than nothing... mine is on the last day... hoping to get the real gd pi experience soon...all the best for tomorrow....:-)

hi all.

Hey thanx for ur inputs....gr8 help srsly!! have my gd/pi tomo too in the afternoon .... will have to leave in the morning tho frm mumbai ... all the best for ur process 😃

hey,,

crossroads and chaitanya..thnx for the info guys..and whats with the ones who have been thru with their gd/pi rounds..already partyin!!! .

.ppl pour in some details..whats the process been like..else this thread wud be more of a guessin thread ..

all the best to all havin their assessment tommorow..

tk cr.

hi all.

Hey what exactly is a SOP? I hav my resume and d PPT?
Anyone plza elaborate on d docs required...for verification..
I called them up and they said that u should keep them and they r not necessarily verified..

Best of luck 2 all.....

SOP is Statement of Purpose. remember dere was a 200 word doc in wich we had to give our career goals, objectives..? dats our SOP. if u can, then take a copy wid u.else if u dont have it then try n recollect it coz they might test whether u meant wot u wrote earlier or was it a fake. thats just my opinion...cya later guys.

crossroads
All the best !!!!:biggrin:

thnx a ton 4 d info.............for d formals,acc to ur advice, i hv striked out salwar kameez
but wich is the better option amongst business suit & sari

kya hua ppl....no experiences kya??

n did u find any ppl in churidar n salwar i hav no business suit or saree 2 wear now..am already in pune