Simon MBA Vs Few Others - Finance Special

Hi Guys, While some people might know that the Simon MBA(Univ of Rochester) is rated very highly in Finance, comes at 13 i suppose in US News, I would like to compare the finance aspect of the MBA from Simon with respect to the other schools …

Hi Guys,

While some people might know that the Simon MBA(Univ of Rochester) is rated very highly in Finance, comes at 13 i suppose in US News, I would like to compare the finance aspect of the MBA from Simon with respect to the other schools like....

UVA
Carnegie
Cornell
Emory
UT-Austin
UNC
Purdue
Ohio State
IU-Kelley
Michigan State
Minnesota

All of the above schools are not the H/S/W's of the world but they are v good in their own sense. I have heard a lot of people say one should go for what suits him, honestly it is difficult for me to understand when someone says that UVA or XYZ does not suit him. I think all of us know what we want to do finally but are not champs, otherwise we would not need this MBA.

Each skool might have some different traits but how do we look at something like a Rochester - Simon as compared to the above ones.

Open to discussion. Feel free to say XYZ is more a marketing skool or ABC is specialized in consulting. Also the geographical factor. Also do people at the end of the day look at skools excelling in a certain department or they go by the name of the b skool.

Cheers
Sumit