simon 2008 - interview and beyond

Has anyone got interview call from Simon? I got today. Lets discuss.

sukonya Says

Hi Sukonya,
When did you apply to Simon? I mean which date? Did you meet the school representative on their India Tour?

Kind regards
M.R.

I applied before the 1st deadline. I m in the US right now.have you applied?

sukonya Says
I applied before the 1st deadline. I m in the US right now.have you applied?

Hi Sukonya,
I applied on the 31st of October. ie- Just before the 1st deadline. When is your interview? Have you been to their campus? Is it good?

Kind regards
M.R.

Hi all,

I too got a mail from Simon School for a telephonic Interview. I have scheduled it for the 6th of Dec.

cheers.

Hi all,

I too got a mail from Simon School for a telephonic Interview. I have scheduled it for the 6th of Dec.

cheers.

Seems I am the only one left out!
Guys and Gals, people have really warned me to have a close look at the placement problems at Simon before making the decision. Has anyone of you also heard about the placement difficulties at Simon?

M.R

Hello Sukonya and cat_woman,Please share your profile.I am going to apply for the round 2.My profile:gmat 650work ex 4 VLSI industryextra curi - good

i applied to: gmat 700

work ex 3.2 yrs by sept 2008

Hi Pinky,
I am a fellow applicant. Had applied in RI and recieved an interview invite yesterday.

My profile
GMAT-750
WE-3.2 yrs, Steel Industry.

M.R.

u got a gr8 profile. m sure u'll get thru. Hope I too make it too

hey all

My profile:

GMAT: 700
U/G: Bcom
CFA Level II (AIMR) Passed
extracurriculars: decent
Workex: 4+ yrs by sept. 08 in financial services industry

Any one decided on their call dates with simon?? I realized my tele interview is at 5.30 in the morning!!!! 😲

hey all

My profile:

GMAT: 700
U/G: Bcom
CFA Level II (AIMR) Passed
extracurriculars: decent
Workex: 4+ yrs by sept. 08 in financial services industry

Any one decided on their call dates with simon?? I realized my tele interview is at 5.30 in the morning!!!! :O

Hi Catwoman,
My interview is scheduled for the 5th.

M.R.

Hi Moninder,

Good luck on your I/v and Keep us posted with your exp.

I did have a chat with a friend who's currently studying in Simon. She did say Simon isnt all that great for IB but Corp Fin is its strength. The one prob with Simon is that it starts later than the other schools, so they are late in starting their recruitment process. So if you do get in, it would be advisable to keep your resume and cover letters ready before you get there.

Hi Moninder,

Good luck on your I/v and Keep us posted with your exp.

I did have a chat with a friend who's currently studying in Simon. She did say Simon isnt all that great for IB but Corp Fin is its strength. The one prob with Simon is that it starts later than the other schools, so they are late in starting their recruitment process. So if you do get in, it would be advisable to keep your resume and cover letters ready before you get there.

Hi there!
Had my interview today. It was at 4:45 AM! I tried sleeping at 11 but couldnt manage to do so. This thing has become a common phenomenon nowadays with all these face to face interviews in the morning.
So, when it struck 2 in the morning I decided not to sleep at all. Even 2-3 alarm clocks have failed to wake me up in the past. So, I watched "A mighty heart" and stayed awake throughout the night. Called the school a little early was asked to call back in exactly "8" minutes.
The alumni who interviewed me was from the 2003 class. The questions were pretty simple.
1. Take me through your resume
2. Why did you change your job despite doing so well.
3. How do you measure your success?
4. Why Now?
5 Why Simon?
6. Any questions?
7. How do handle culture shocks? Will you be adjust in the US environment?

I took the liberty to tell her my long and short term goals, and my intended concentrations even though she had not asked specifically.
Overall the interview went fine. I am glad I was in good mental shape at such wee hours of the morning!

ATB to all applicants.

M.R.

hi,
my questions were also standard. The alumni was very friendly and told me a lot about the school. bol to the rest. have just 3 of us got calls till now?

when can we expect decisions

Hi frens,
when u all who already interviewed had applied ..... i applied on 30th nov. for 1st dec. deadline ..... when shud i expect to get any IV call ..... any clue ????
Amit

Hey all,
Just wanted to post my experience. Had a telephonic interview with an alum this morning. He was very friendly. Very conversational.
Why Simon. (first question)
Asked about my work exp
Any team work issues I faced and how I tackled it.
A risk I took and how it paid off?
What would my contribution to Simon be once I join.
Point out any weakness in my application.
Any international exposure/travels (sadly I have none. hopefully this won't affect my candidature LL)
Why Simon is my preferred choice (I thought I had him convinced the first time around!)
What would I want to specialize in.
What do I intend to do after I graduate. Which industry I would want to get into. Would I want to come back to India and work.
Even though it looks kinda probing, it was very relaxed conversation. I shot a lot of questions back at him. We also spoke about what he did. He even gave me his email id in case I had any more questions about Simon.
The interview went on for about 30 minutes.
Hope for the best.
Good luck to the rest.. is anyone else scheduled for Interviews??
Hi frens,
when u all who already interviewed had applied ..... i applied on 30th nov. for 1st dec. deadline ..... when shud i expect to get any IV call ..... any clue ????
Amit

Hey amit_thesailor,

We both are sailing in the same boat!

From the posts it seems that Simon will take another 2-3 weeks to send the invitations. Have patience!

I would let you know iff i get an invitation.

All the best to others!

Regards,
Nisha