SIMCAT 6 - Scores, Poll and Discussions

Hi Puys, Couldnt find a thread for SIMCAT 6, so i am creating one here. Please use this thread for all discussions pertaining to SIMCAT 6. All the best !! ::

Hi Puys,

Couldnt find a thread for SIMCAT 6, so i am creating one here.

Please use this thread for all discussions pertaining to SIMCAT 6.

All the best !!

my score is as follows:

quant=25
DI=31
verbal=12
OA=68

This is my first simcat so i dont have any clue as to how many marks usually translate into a good percentile..wud like to hear from people who have been appearing for simcats in the past...

Hi Puys,

Couldnt find a thread for SIMCAT 6, so i am creating one here.

Please use this thread for all discussions pertaining to SIMCAT 6.

All the best !!

One more good paper from IMS. Quants was easy,6 questions were staright value substitution. Socre of 30 is easily achieveable.LR was moderate to easy.Score of 30 was really achievable.However i faltered at VA and found some RC to be really tricky.

Overall a good balanced paper.

Considering the paper was easy to moderate level you should fetch around 90-92 %.It seems you have missed out some quants q's which were easy substitution q's:).Devlop the habit of substitution and u can increase ur score by atleast 12-15 maks.

Best of Luck !!!

qa-17(6 C,1 W)
di-14(5 C,1 W)
va-24(10 C,6 W)
OA-55

A very balanced and scoring paper..the quant section was quite easy..at least 10 could be easily attempted(though i cudnt...).found the di section moderate.Va section was good..couldnt score up to the mark(though accuracy was good ,the no of attempts were quite less going by the level of the paper)

qa - 19A , 14C - 37
di - 19A , 15C - 41
va - 18A , 11C - 26 😞 ( got 1 out of 7 rc question right )

oa - 56A,40C - 104

RC was too tough atleast to me.. thankfully EU saved me ..
---------------------------------------------------------------------

updated after result :

calculated mark didnt match with original result :

37 + 41 + 10 = 88 .. couldnt clear all cutoff with 5 mark deficit in va

QA 14(c) 1(w) 41
DI 13(C) 5(W) 34
VA 11(C) 8(W) 25
OA 100
So with IMS OMR,it will go down to early 90's.

The VA trauma is back :-(
QA:13C 1W=38
DI:11C 0w=33(could not make anything out of the last two sets)
VA:=11
OA:82

Got 96,

105+ would have been a very good score in this paper

QA:24
VA:28
DI:44

Expected a lot more in QA, made 2 silly mistakes :-(

I found RCs to be very easy, I found the 2 PJs very verbose and tough

OA a good paper by IMS

QA - 26 (10C, 1W)
DI - 35 (12C, 1W)
VA - 14 (6C, 4W)

Need to solve more questions, could have easily scored 10-15 marks more in QA, the section was pretty easy. VA was a bit difficult with 3 RC's

can anyone tell me easier approach to solve question 5 and 10 in quants ?..i took lot of time for attempting 5th question ( ofcourse got it right ) and couldnt attend 10 question ..

can any throw light on these two questions :lookround: ?

UDT and SBT guys :lookround:

hi naga, plz tell me how u were able to attempt 57 questions i myself attempted only 33 questions. Plz some gyaan abt how to increase speed and select questions.

Quants: 13 :banghead:
LR/DI: 24
VA/RC: 23

OA: 60 :-(

Arguably my worst simCAT ever !! :banghead:

'29' Says
hi naga, plz tell me how u were able to attempt 57 questions i myself attempted only 33 questions. Plz some gyaan abt how to increase speed and select questions.

as told by other puys , qa and di was easy to moderate level .. so when u see the paper , qa question was moderate in 3rd page .. if u solve the qa by order , then i think u would be stuck atleast for sometime in questions 5,7,10,11 .. if u turn the page , right from 12 - 20 except for 15 and 20 , every other question takes less than 3 min to solve. now on to first page 1-4 question are sitter .. one can take 10 min to solve four ..

effectively u can solve 13-15 questions in this section in around 40 min .. if u have been practicing bit more, i guess 16 -17 in 45 min is achievable considering the level of difficulty in this paper

and coming to di .. 21 - 29 is easy questions and this could be solved in less than 20 min for sure..

real test of di comes in last two sets , if u feel both are not crackable .. make ur mind that only one is there and try solving one .. better option would be chess .. thats pure logic .. if u had done chess sets before its easy else it would consume some time .. if u choose cards , its jus matter of addition and subtraction .. if u r good at arithmetic its solvable in 15-18 min .. so ideally if u have solved given di 45 min , u should have solved atleast 13-14 question .. ofcourse if u couldnt crack last two sets never mind , 11 -12 question with 90 % accuracy is not bad

lastly verbal .. onething i missed in 2008 simcat and realised in simcat 2010 is giving importance to verbal section of simcat.. if u score 40 % of score in ims verbal , u r more likely to crack cat verbal at 95+ .. one strategy which work for me is treat EUand RC a separate section (20 + 20 min) and solve ..

to sum up :

read all questions for sure..though it take 3-5 min to read m do give it a read .. its not necessary to solve by order of ques numbers ..solving in order of easy to difficult ques would end up in more number of attempts..

ps : this is jus ma view !

Qa - 30(11c, 3w)
di - 39(13c, 0w)
va - 31(12c, 5w)
oa - 100.

can anyone tell me easier approach to solve question 5 and 10 in quants ?..i took lot of time for attempting 5th question ( ofcourse got it right ) and couldnt attend 10 question ..

can any throw light on these two questions :lookround: ?

UDT and SBT guys :lookround:

I did it in the following way
b=c^b
=>a^(1/b)=a^(a/b) =>a=b^2
From (1) b^2=b^b =>b=2 =>a=4 =>c=>root(2)
so 1/a+1/b+1/c=2root(2)+3/4
HI

qa 11C 1W 32 :):)
di 6C 3W 15
va 5c 7w 8
oa 22c 11w 55

Just woke up after a 1 hour power nap, and decided to upload my score.

Without a doubt, SIMCAT 6 was the worst performance of my mini mock journey so far. It had a pretty easy DI and QA section, and I spend too much time on Speed breakers Ques in QA,, which gave me almost no time for VA.

Ended up with a score of 11 in VA.

Overall- 69, .
QA- 24
DI- 34
VA- 11.

ps:27
di:35
va:36
oa:98