SIMC Pune GD/PI prep [2011-2013] discussions

Congratulations to all those who have made the SIMC Pune shortlist :cheerio: Please shift the discussions about the GE/PI process, preparations and coordination to this thread. Cheers ::

Congratulations to all those who have made the SIMC Pune shortlist :cheerio:

Please shift the discussions about the GE/PI process, preparations and coordination to this thread.

Cheers

Hi,
I have been called for gd/pi process on 7th feb at 12 noon. I am right now very nervous and excited at the same time because it is with utmost passion and love for this course that I have applied and I really want to make it. Can you help me on what are all the important topics that i need to be aware of for gd/pi plus how do i handle the pi. I am from an engineering background and have about 11 months of work experience.Please guide me for the entire process.

It's really good that seniors are coming out to guide all of us here and provide us with some insights about the course. Keep it going. Kudos 😃

Agreed with Lalitha...me too excited for MBA -Adv...I consider this field has utmost growth and yet untapped...Seniors kindly help us for the subsequent process..:)

Hi , I am Neine from Meerut (U.P) . I have done BBA from Banasthali University and have 15 months of experience in an NGO . I am a hard core independent thinker and strongly believe that advertising would be right field for me because of my creating bent of mind . I aim of being an social entrepreneur and a major problem i can notice in this field is that it lacks people who can spread awareness about the projects they are working at . I want to become their voice .
Getting Shortlisted for SIMC is like an extreme pleasure but there is still half race left to be won . So come on puys lets fasten our belts and race to win ...:cheerio: All the best ..
We can start by some popular questions like .
Why Simc ??

Do we have to catch the 8 am bus from Symbiosis vishwabhawan or the 12 noon bus? The have told that I should be at the campus at 12 noon.

nyone frm 7th feb 8 am slot???? and does nyone has a clue at wat time we have to be at the Symbiosis Vishwabhawan campus to catch the bus to reach the lavale campus at 8??

Hi , I am Neine from Meerut (U.P) . I have done BBA from Banasthali University and have 15 months of experience in an NGO . I am a hard core independent thinker and strongly believe that advertising would be right field for me because of my creating bent of mind . I aim of being an social entrepreneur and a major problem i can notice in this field is that it lacks people who can spread awareness about the projects they are working at . I want to become their voice .
Getting Shortlisted for SIMC is like an extreme pleasure but there is still half race left to be won . So come on puys lets fasten our belts and race to win ...:cheerio: All the best ..
We can start by some popular questions like .
Why Simc ??

i totally agree with neine...lets start some discussion abt the GE PI process !

Made the cut too. First call of the season.

whr simc m always there. hi seniors the respect for u guys hv gone on 7th world in my heart as u start this thread for us. i vl fill maslf luky if i make it to simc(actually i kno i will make it).

anyone from bangalore??

I'm more worried about accommodation in and around Lavale, Pune.
I can't seem to find any hotel, cheap or costly, in Lavale.
Any seniors here? Please give some good suggestions for cheap hotels/lodges.

i have a slot at 12am on 8th feb..i'm from chandigarh..
1) till when the process will last..?(as i have to book a return ticket too)
2) can we get any accomodation at ur campus in lavale?
plz reply soon..as time goes by, reservation would become difficult..

i've called several times at the given contact no on site..but noone picking up..
and no replies to any mails yet

Hey, I've also got shortlisted :cheerio:Will be there on 9th Feb. Any company?

Hey mine is also on 9th Feb..

sandunes Says
Hey, I've also got shortlisted :cheerio:Will be there on 9th Feb. Any company?

Anupam Banerjee Says
Hey mine is also on 9th Feb..

I too am for the 9th Feb.I am from mumbai. I am in the 12 noon slot. What about you?

M from Delhi...8:00 a.m (reporting time)..

Hey, I am shortlisted too. But I am so lost as to how I should be preparing for the GD and PI . I've applied for a specialization in Advertising. Please somebody, tell me what kind of preparations should I be doing. What should I read???? Is there anything we need to prepare for besides the GD and PI. Please help!!
Thanks!

Name DHARMA TEJ
SNAP ID 3021505
Category Open
Program MBA
Date of Interview 9th Feb, 2011
Reporting Time 8.00am
Group Name 3XI2
Status Shortlist

ReadY FoR RumblE......Time to shake Hands....:thumbsup:

Its a sincere request to all the shortlisted candidates to move discussions from where when n date type of questions to seriously GE n PI preparatory discussion. Its already 24th now and most of us have just 10 days in hand. The time is pushing really hard. So let us take this discussion further.
My queries r as follows.
1. Is there any dress code for the interview
2. I am interested in advertising so which are the magzine i should flip through in last 10 days
3. Can anyone just throw a light on topics of GE.

Thanx